Juniors - Pathways General Discussion

He was a true club benefactor in putting his own money above the sponsorship dollars into securing the likes of Langmack, Gillespie etc and the poms Ellery and Gary Schofield after their earlier stints with Balmain.

Shame the Magpies management at the time (& in perpetuity) made Pascoe look borderline competent & Jim's generous & gracious contributions did not equate to on-field success.

Vale JM!

RIP Jim.
I had the pleasure of working for Jim at Mastos. Top bloke. I used to start early and my office faced the staff entry, one day he comes in and I am asleep on my desk right in full view of everyone turning up to work. Jim comes in and wakes me with “how do I get your job young fella”.

Another time he’s telling me about his horse having a win at the track and I said “where’s the tip for gun staff” he said next one for sure. So a month later he comes in and says “Saturday, I told em, this horse either wins or it’s dog food.” I went to the pub with 8 mates and we all one a motsa.

One day we’re having a chat about footy and I asked him if he could sign my white wests jersey it has been signed by the team, he said yeah no worries. When I bought the jersey in the next day he took me up to his office and showed me all his signed memorabilia, I sat there talking magpies with him for 2 hours.

I will never forget my mates hacking on me coz my team had no sponsor and one night on the news Jim is there saying he felt for the team and wanted to show his support and will be the new sponsor for years to come.

Still love ya Jim.
Thanks for the education, your friendship, the support, the magpie chats, the good times, and for just being a nice guy to who ever you were engaging with.
Oh and thanks for the horse tips.

RIP Jim.
I had the pleasure of working for Jim at Mastos. Top bloke. I used to start early and my office faced the staff entry, one day he comes in and I am asleep on my desk right in full view of everyone turning up to work. Jim comes in and wakes me with “how do I get your job young fella”.

Another time he’s telling me about his horse having a win at the track and I said “where’s the tip for gun staff” he said next one for sure. So a month later he comes in and says “Saturday, I told em, this horse either wins or it’s dog food.” I went to the pub with 8 mates and we all one a motsa.

One day we’re having a chat about footy and I asked him if he could sign my white wests jersey it has been signed by the team, he said yeah no worries. When I bought the jersey in the next day he took me up to his office and showed me all his signed memorabilia, I sat there talking magpies with him for 2 hours.

I will never forget my mates hacking on me coz my team had no sponsor and one night on the news Jim is there saying he felt for the team and wanted to show his support and will be the new sponsor for years to come.

Still love ya Jim.
Thanks for the education, your friendship, the support, the magpie chats, the good times, and for just being a nice guy to who ever you were engaging with.
Oh and thanks for the horse tips.
Amazing stories for a very passionate and true patron of rugby league. Very few left.

Amazing stories for a very passionate and true patron of rugby league. Very few left.
He loved his footy, horses and his Magpies. He was just a good bloke to chat with about blokes stuff and life and career too. When he found me asleep he didn’t get upset he said “I know you start early and work hard, next time pull the blinds down coz you’re in front of the staff entry. When I was leaving there was no hard feelings, we shook hands and said good luck. One of the best people I have known, taught me to keep trying to be better just coz you don’t start out good doesn’t mean you can’t finish up there.

Tofaeono is definitely still here. He's been posting at training on IG. But no sign of the other two so far
Great that Herman is still around. I like that our middles/props coming through all seem a little different in build/style of play. A lot to work with moving forward.

It really must be a QLD home issue with Dotoi if he doesn't return. Will be a shame not to see him back.

Interesting that out of all the QLD recruits from last year, the least talked about player was the one who ended up with a train and trial this year (Tempest).

Great that Herman is still around. I like that our middles/props coming through all seem a little different in build/style of play. A lot to work with moving forward.

It really must be a QLD home issue with Dotoi if he doesn't return. Will be a shame not to see him back.

Interesting that out of all the QLD recruits from last year, the least talked about player was the one who ended up with a train and trial this year (Tempest).
Tempest was an U15 Aust rep and has made the most of his opportunities. It will be interesting to see his progress this year.

Latest posts

Members online

Back