Juniors - Pathways General Discussion

One name we can cross off our list is Cathane Hill. He's been just finished pre Christmas pre season with the cows. Obviously he didn't quite get at home in Sydney or at the Tigers.

A shame as he was the only player at the club last season who'd be in with a good shout of playing fullback for us in Flegg this season. Dynamic young player, and probably the best outside back prospect from SG ball alongside Dotoi. If Hill couldn't cut it in Sydney then I highly doubt Dotoi will, but I'll wait to see him in cows colours or named in one of our squads.

Hopefully we've signed some talented backs from elsewhere as there was nobody else who played sg ball who looked remotely capable of stepping up a level. Unless we plan to promote Wests Matts squad straight to Flegg?

Hills insta
Not sure about that, Luke Laliii is still eligible for HM at Wests.

Norths used to get a few Coasties down for Matts and Flegg back when the Bears were a NSWRL/NRL team.
They did. Back in the Dave Fairleigh, Matt Orford, Mark O‘Meley days 👍

And it makes sense on another level given they have been/still are (?) connected to the Sydney Roosters. The Coasties I noticed in the Bears SG Ball side on Saturday looked to be players who have narrowly missed the cut with Easts.

One name we can cross off our list is Cathane Hill. He's been just finished pre Christmas pre season with the cows. Obviously he didn't quite get at home in Sydney or at the Tigers.

A shame as he was the only player at the club last season who'd be in with a good shout of playing fullback for us in Flegg this season. Dynamic young player, and probably the best outside back prospect from SG ball alongside Dotoi. If Hill couldn't cut it in Sydney then I highly doubt Dotoi will, but I'll wait to see him in cows colours or named in one of our squads.

Hopefully we've signed some talented backs from elsewhere as there was nobody else who played sg ball who looked remotely capable of stepping up a level. Unless we plan to promote Wests Matts squad straight to Flegg?

Hills insta
That's a shame, he definitely had some x factor about him. I wonder whether Bula might be Flegg fullback for another year (or at least the start of it).

The Dotoi mystery continues...but I must admit I don't have high hopes.

Wish the club would post a Jersey Flegg list!

Hills insta
Yeah kind of disappointing @balmain boy . May mean we are putting our faith in potential fullbacks older & younger than him.

Bula, Tupou, maybe Zane Camroux (noting he played a game late in the season in NSW Cup there) + Luke Laulilii, Tajh Colquhoun & Cameron Kanaan

Yeah kind of disappointing @balmain boy . May mean we are putting our faith in potential fullbacks older & younger than him.

Bula, Tupou, maybe Zane Camroux (noting he played a game late in the season in NSW Cup there) + Luke Laulilii, Tajh Colquhoun & Cameron Kanaan
None of Bula, Tupou or Camroux are fullbacks though. Bula and Tupou are pure athletes. Why are we trying to turn them into skilled, spine players? What's wrong with having a fast and strong winger for once?!
So then it leaves us with boys from Matts or purchasing from outside the club, which given how strong we're -trumpeting our junior development focus seems counter-intuitive. Unless of course you nab an elite junior, there's never an issue with topping up locals with elite players.

Hills insta
This is disappointing to read.

Yeah he is listed in the squad and will start there. But should hopefully have a similar rise to Matamua last year (Flegg and NSW Cup at least). He did play 1 game of QLD Cup for Souths Logan Magpies (and scored a try too), so he can handle playing against men.
I would like to think that the sky is the limit for this kid if he keeps working hard and keeps pushing who knows what 2023 might hold for him

I would like to think that the sky is the limit for this kid if he keeps working hard and keeps pushing who knows what 2023 might hold for him
I really like the fact in highlights he runs direct. So many bigger kids run sideways and still make an impact but get found out once they reach the big boy’s. Imo David Fifita and tpj are bad for this

i watched this kid live here in Bris vegas and a go in the Q cu he has got serious talent..Im very excited to see what his ceiling is. also very excited he is a Tiger, this kid could be very one of a kind..maybe getting a little carried away but hey why not, we can only go forward in 23

Playing sg ball seems completely unnecessary. He's been playing u20s and reserve grade last year. Why put him back with schoolboys when he's clearly better than that level. I'd rather him do more training with the Flegg boys
They could be easing him in maybe? Getting use to the tigers system before he moves up? Who knows but I'm hoping we've been able to secure him long term and if he has the same running impact in first grade it'll be good for someone like Koroisau off the back of that. I could be reaching a bit but the future looks promising for us

Latest posts

Members online

Back