Juniors - Pathways General Discussion

They could be easing him in maybe? Getting use to the tigers system before he moves up? Who knows but I'm hoping we've been able to secure him long term and if he has the same running impact in first grade it'll be good for someone like Koroisau off the back of that. I could be reaching a bit but the future looks promising for us
This is his second or third preseason with us. He's come down a few times prior, for training with a CUBS squad or something similar. Nice that they do that to keep the juniors out of sydney with an attachment to the club, the COE will also make this so much easier.

This is his second or third preseason with us. He's come down a few times prior, for training with a CUBS squad or something similar. Nice that they do that to keep the juniors out of sydney with an attachment to the club, the COE will also make this so much easier.
That's good to hear then fingers crossed he goes well next year

Outstanding article from NBWT__ on Twitter.

Really good read for anyone interested in our juniors.

Yes agree this is a great presentation.
I hope some good coaching over next 24 months can deliver on this obviously very talented group of young men.

What an awesome breakdown of these kids we have coming through. Thanks for posting that was a great read.

I'll just add that was an awesome article. Thanks for posting and thanks for writing it as well.
Wasn’t me that wrote it (NBWT__ on Twitter did) but agreed, really good analysis into all the best players in our pathways.

Agree with a lot of it too, have said before Onitoni Large is the best junior footballer I’ve seen by a long way.

Only 15, but hopefully stays on the path he’s currently on.

Wasn’t me that wrote it (NBWT__ on Twitter did) but agreed, really good analysis into all the best players in our pathways.

I got that. I wanted to give him some credit as well. It was great info.

Agree with a lot of it too, have said before Onitoni Large is the best junior footballer I’ve seen by a long way.

I remember when Benji was coming into grade and he had a huge wrap. I don't want to put any more pressure on a kid and it's a long way off but he sounds real good.

I can't wait to see Fa’agutu on the park as well.

Yeah it was a great analysis for sure. Exciting that we have so many highly rated juniors.

A few I didn't know too much about. Have you seen Oitmann play before? Really interesting that he was one of the "Junior Blues" players for that camp a few weeks back.

Yeah it was a great analysis for sure. Exciting that we have so many highly rated juniors.

A few I didn't know too much about. Have you seen Oitmann play before? Really interesting that he was one of the "Junior Blues" players for that camp a few weeks back.
Don’t think I’ve seen him play personally but have a few family members that have played with him.

They spoke about his agility and speed at the time.

Hopefully he becomes a prospect.

Yeah he’s very quick, not much of him but if a defence blinks ... he’s GONE !!!

A mate of mine who has kids at the same school as the Large brothers said Onitoni was belatedly recognised as the player of the Championships for the Australian Schoolboys Champs. This was the write up in the school newsletter he forwarded

Onitoni Large (Year 9) - Australian Schoolboys Rugby League Carnival

At the Australian Schoolboys Rugby League Championships held in the holidays, they traditionally name a player of the tournament. This year, the 15 and Under player was not announced at the event. The selectors have now, however, announced that the player of the championships was Year 9 Scots student, Onitoni Large.

Onitoni represented NSW Combined Independent Schools (CIS) with distinction and is highly regarded by his teammates, coaches and opposition. Onitoni is currently at Glengarry and will be presented with his trophy in the coming weeks. This is a major accolade for a Rugby League player. Congratulations Onitoni!

A mate of mine who has kids at the same school as the Large brothers said Onitoni was belatedly recognised as the player of the Championships for the Australian Schoolboys Champs. This was the write up in the school newsletter he forwarded

Onitoni Large (Year 9) - Australian Schoolboys Rugby League Carnival

At the Australian Schoolboys Rugby League Championships held in the holidays, they traditionally name a player of the tournament. This year, the 15 and Under player was not announced at the event. The selectors have now, however, announced that the player of the championships was Year 9 Scots student, Onitoni Large.

Onitoni represented NSW Combined Independent Schools (CIS) with distinction and is highly regarded by his teammates, coaches and opposition. Onitoni is currently at Glengarry and will be presented with his trophy in the coming weeks. This is a major accolade for a Rugby League player. Congratulations Onitoni!
Nice, thanks for posting.

In further promising news for our juniors, Sydney South West won the 12 years PSSA state carnival this year. The last SSW side to win a state total was the side with the Large brothers and and Isdale. Previous to that win the SSW hadn’t won a state carnival for a long time. The 2 standouts from this year’s team were Lincoln Lamese and Uriah Brown( who was playing up a year. Both boys were selected in the NSW side.

20 Stars for 2023 | Jordan Miller
Tom Gibbs
Timestamp
Tue 27 Dec 2022, 09:01 AM

Wests Tigers are building an impressive stable of up-and-coming forwards, with Stefano Utoikamanu, Alex Seyfarth, Fonua Pole, Justin Matamua and Sione Fainu already on the books, but there’s another promising front-rower coming through the junior pathways who fans should look out for future.

His name is Jordan Miller.

The success of the UNE Harold Matthews Cup Western Suburbs Magpies side was one of the highlights of 2022 for club, and Miller has been a constant in the engine room during his two seasons (19 games) in the NSWRL’s Under 17s competition.

The Magpies finished the regular season unbeaten with seven wins and one draw, before taking out the Premiership with a 20-16 Semi-final win over the Canberra Raiders, and a dominant 42-16 victory against Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks in the Grand Final.

After a 2021 junior representative season where Miller missed just one game as the Magpies reached the Semi-finals, the young prop played all nine matches in 2022 with his team going one better to secure the trophy.

In that time Miller averaged 13 runs, 142 metres and 66 post-contact, scored five tries and set up two, produced two line-break assists, had 33 tackle busts, threw 10 offloads and made 168 tackles (18 per game).

Miller’s form was rewarded with a pair of respected accolades at the club’s Junior Representative Awards night in September. He was recognised as Players’ Player alongside fellow prop James Folaumotu’i and named Best and Fairest by the Magpies’ coaching staff.

Given Miller has now conquered the ultimate prize at Under 17s level, and also represented NSW City Under 18s in a 42-12 victory in 2022, Rugby League fans might see much more of this front row prospect as he makes his way through the grades.

Does anyone know if the SG Ball & Harold Matts squads have been finalised?

Season starts in 1 month so surely players have been told. Nothing announced by Club publicly yet for whatever reason.

Does anyone know if the SG Ball & Harold Matts squads have been finalised?

Season starts in 1 month so surely players have been told. Nothing announced by Club publicly yet for whatever reason.
The club’s information on the lower grades has been absolutely pathetic over the last couple of years, especially when they’ve been the only success stories we’ve had

Back