Justin Olam #281

Or is it just that no players have really shown much form for us in the last decade or so, regardless of how they came to us?
We haven't been able to develop players, we haven't been able to help players regain form, and the very few players who came to us that were in form generally went backwards. (although hopefully that's all starting to turn around)
Hopefully some of the younger blokes reach their potential this year. I'm expecting breakout seasons from T'oa, Fainu, even Tupou before he leaves. I know it's popular opinion in here to rag on our backs but I think they are yet to be given an opportunity. Let's see how Sezer gets things moving.

I have no doubt John Morris will be playing a major part in the resurgence. I'd say in equal measure.
No interviews, fan fare but his previous coaching experience should help Benji. Obviously keeping a very low profile coz he knows talk is cheap and all that matters is on field outcome.

So, holding out hope for two non natural centres in a few years is better than recruiting an established centre, Dally M and premiership winner?
I don’t get it.
A guy that belemy is trying his hardest to sod off. Because he’s burnt out, and Belemy knows it. Last season he had a bunch of crap players ahead of him. My issue is spending loads of cash, and top 30 space on a 30 year old. And losing talented juniors because of it. As I have said previously he’s a one trick pony, who’s lost his one trick! He’s not highly skilled player just solid that bashes through the line, that’s it. And people doing a rain dance hoping he will come good!?!?
Get it??

A guy that belemy is trying his hardest to sod off. Because he’s burnt out, and Belemy knows it. Last season he had a bunch of crap players ahead of him. My issue is spending loads of cash, and top 30 space on a 30 year old. And losing talented juniors because of it. As I have said previously he’s a one trick pony, who’s lost his one trick! He’s not highly skilled player just solid that bashes through the line, that’s it. And people doing a rain dance hoping he will come good!?!?
Get it??

You've staked your claim about 5 times now,
and keep repeating yourself. We get it buddy.
I'm content to ride this one out and let the
coaches call it, for 350-400k it's a good
signing imo, guess we'll all find out soon...

What wait another two years , by that time our pack will be old and done , if u want to keep waiting we will never get of the bottom
It’s just the money being offered and the roster spot for 3 years. U guys have Ben harping on about Nofa’s contract, and yet a guy on the slide u want to lock up? If it was much less money and one too two years then fine, worth the gamble.
I dont get that.

Look if he comes I’ll back him, but I don’t think it’s a smart move. Next year is basically a right off, dress rehearsal fir the new halves and fir the new coach. A lot of players may get pushed out next year that might be better. I’d rather back a kid than a has been.

You've staked your claim about 5 times now,
and keep repeating yourself. We get it buddy.
I'm content to ride this one out and let the
coaches call it, for 350-400k it's a good
signing imo, guess we'll all find out soon...
I agree mate, at 350-400k it's a good signing and even if Olam doesn't regain his form it's still a good signing if we are able to get the Storm to pay 200-250k freight on Olam's contract.

If nothing else it shows that we have turned the corner and are no longer the push overs of the NRL when it comes to negotiating deals.

I agree mate, at 350-400k it's a good signing and even if Olam doesn't regain his form it's still a good signing if we are able to get the Storm to pay 200-250k freight on Olam's contract.

If nothing else it shows that we have turned the corner and are no longer the push overs of the NRL when it comes to negotiating deals.

He's a pro too Hank, the youngsters who aren't
quite ready yet will learn a lot from him as well

put some pressure on To'a and Naden to
perform too. No competition at centre ATM

Good one white boy...you're on a roll lately
Thanks, didn’t appreciate being called a moron. I have a fair opinion on the matter, it’s not an outrageous thought process to be labelled a moron over.

Thanks, didn’t appreciate being called a moron. I have a fair opinion on the matter, it’s not an outrageous thought process to be labelled a moron over.

Fair enough. Every1 has their opinions I suppose

He's a pro too Hank, the youngsters who aren't
quite ready yet will learn a lot from him as well

put some pressure on To'a and Naden to
perform too. No competition at centre ATM
Are u happy with paying him $600,000 in his 3rd season with us??
I’m not

If nothing else he will bring a lot of experience to our backline and help mold young blokes for first grade,we have very little talent in the centres applying pressure in the near future.I can see only positives on having him with us

It is when you continually repeat that it's a waste of 600k per year when we won't be paying anywhere near that

Holbrook said he had a knee injury hence why he didn't play Pacific Champs end of the year. 100% PNG pick him if he is not injured. Not sure Id believe internet rumour over that
Fair enough, I didn’t see that.

Let’s hope he’s over it and he can get back to his best form.

Back