Ken Maumalo #246

After we signed Bateman, Sheens said we still had Cap space for 2023. With Maumalo going, we need to sign someone who'll improve our squad.
Are we forfeiting 2023 already, like the Club did in 2022?

He would've made a good backrower, but as a winger he had the turning circle of the Queen Mary.
It opens a spot for a young man on the market known as Momo.

After we signed Bateman, Sheens said we still had Cap space for 2023. With Maumalo going, we need to sign someone who'll improve our squad.

After watching our first 3 "performances" in the competition this year i would say it is quite likely

..unless Sheens has a genuine "difference making" back on the hook for THIS year(which I doubt)..its gonna be groundhog day 2022...another season written off,this time just 3 games in!!
Thats not fair to the other players ,the sponsors,and most importantly the fans!

Maumalo was very overated imo. He is really slow and I just can't stand a slow winger.
17 tries in first 20 games for us. Great in the air, great yardage out of our own end, solid defensively, elite finisher, and all effort. Was our best winger by a mile on one leg. While his injuries were an issue and probably should not have been re-signed, he definitely was not overrated. A very good player when healthy.

Personally I’m sad to see big Ken go fully fit I believed he was one of the best wingers in the comp as AL said 17 tries in 20 games such a shame injuries got the better of him during his time was one of my favourites. Good luck on the goldcoast Kenny hopefully I can see you around surfers

I liked Ken and wish him well..
I can only assume we need that spot for someone else as we don't need the cash so wonder what Sheens is up to
Does Shonky Sheens need to be up to something? @hsvjones :)
He may have let Ken go due to very personal Family reasons that hasn't been leaked by the club for a change.

Back