Knights V Tigers live game thread

Unfortunately it took two great players of the past 250 games to show the skeleton of our team. Now that we are at our lowest we can see we need some brains and skill in the halves that we were hoping would start to emerge But benji must retire and brooks needs to be shopped

@cochise said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199772) said:
@willow said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199766) said:
Suspected ACL for Walters.

That's a shame, is he signed for next year?

He had a 1 year option in his favor which he took.

@JoshColeman99 said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199765) said:
@cochise said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199737) said:
@JoshColeman99 said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199721) said:
@cochise said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199708) said:
@JoshColeman99 said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199695) said:
@cochise said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199682) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199639) said:
@hobbo1 said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199636) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199628) said:
@happy_tiger said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199606) said:
What about Brooks

Koepka ....champion golfer

Brooks was terrible

7 or 6 he’s rubbish
He’s so robotic and has no rhythm or feel for the game

He’s gone backwards under Madge (as has every back).

100%, not one back has improved outside of Nofa

Talau has been really good. Leilua is brand new, we’ve had two debutants on the wing along with Jennings who’s woeful and Corey was just as good as last year on the wing. Doueihi has been solid too. Not a very fair comments

I think it is, Doueihi has got worse as the season progressed, Talau has been ok but its his 1st year, BJ has not had the same impact for us, Mbye speaks for itself, Benji is not getting any better, Brooks is a shadow of the player he was, Reynold's game is not improving. I'm not suggesting we sack him, but there are things to be concerned about as I stated last week.

Doueihi has been injured and has still been quite solid. Been less involved when our forwards have been getting rolled which is a lot lately, we’ve won 1 out of our last 5 don’t forget hard for anyone to look good. BJ went from a grand final team to us of course he won’t look as good. Benji has played a year too long, Brooks is the big one that I’m questioning. Don’t think you can blame the coach besides Brooks, but he was great last year under Madge as well so who knows

To be honest, I don't really see anything that much different from Doueihi to what I saw at Souths, Mbye has dropped away enormously as well. I'm not arguing against Madge, just concerned about the lack of improvement in our skill players.

Mbye was never that good in the first place. I would argue he played just as good at bulldogs. Our forwards have improved a lot but it’s clear we need to sign some new halves and give Mbye the boot.

I agree our forwards have improved, Lucy is playing great football. I just feel Madge is a better coach of forwards than backs.

@Tcat said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199739) said:
@Snake said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199702) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199665) said:
@hobbo1 said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199657) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199639) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199628) said:
What about Brooks

Brooks was terrible

7 or 6 he’s rubbish

I received info today from a semi reliable poster on here that Madge DID put his hand up for both the Cowboys gig and the Warriors gig .

I would believe that 100%

Whether that is the case or not .. I have been a fan of this game for over half a century , when a teams form drops so quickly in a couple of weeks there is something big brewing within a club . It could be positive for the club but negative for many of the playing group that the realisation is many will
not be at the club for to much longer . Body language tells a lot as well and without naming anyone there was a lot of that there tonight ! But there is something brewing make no mistake ..

I really hope for the positive mate. I hope Daleys comments last week have some truth to them and they all know something we dont. It's so disheartening for the supporters and I can't see the club being able to handle too many more years of non finals football. How does our marketing team even find sponsors for our club? How do you sell the pitch to them? We desperately need to revamp our brand and revamp the organosation as a whole.

One home ground will be a major step forward for the organisation this needs to happen !

@cochise said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199780) said:
What about Brooks

Brooks was terrible

7 or 6 he’s rubbish

Talau has been really good. Leilua is brand new, we’ve had two debutants on the wing along with Jennings who’s woeful and Corey was just as good as last year on the wing. Doueihi has been solid too. Not a very fair comments

I think it is, Doueihi has got worse as the season progressed, Talau has been ok but its his 1st year, BJ has not had the same impact for us, Mbye speaks for itself, Benji is not getting any better, Brooks is a shadow of the player he was, Reynold's game is not improving. I'm not suggesting we sack him, but there are things to be concerned about as I stated last week.

Doueihi has been injured and has still been quite solid. Been less involved when our forwards have been getting rolled which is a lot lately, we’ve won 1 out of our last 5 don’t forget hard for anyone to look good. BJ went from a grand final team to us of course he won’t look as good. Benji has played a year too long, Brooks is the big one that I’m questioning. Don’t think you can blame the coach besides Brooks, but he was great last year under Madge as well so who knows

To be honest, I don't really see anything that much different from Doueihi to what I saw at Souths, Mbye has dropped away enormously as well. I'm not arguing against Madge, just concerned about the lack of improvement in our skill players.

Mbye was never that good in the first place. I would argue he played just as good at bulldogs. Our forwards have improved a lot but it’s clear we need to sign some new halves and give Mbye the boot.

I agree our forwards have improved, Lucy is playing great football. I just feel Madge is a better coach of forwards than backs.

You’re probably right in that regard. He’s always done well with the forwards

@hodgo said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199642) said:
@Goanna57 said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199553) said:
We can be as critical of players as much as we like but the question has to be asked,why have we gone backwards so fast.Maguire is putting a side on the field not a team ,we are going to finish the lowest on the ladder for a few years .I think The players have lost faith in Maguire’s coaching methods he has to own that like some of the players he is past he’s use by date

this is the stuff that blows my mind.
Yeah lets swap coaches again. Lets not let the coach make his team. He trains them to hard. Blah blah blah.

The reason we are in this position is because of these reactions at a higher level. If some players don't want to play for him move them on. If they think they are training to hard go throw them on a worksite for a few weeks. He is a carbon copy of Bellamy except Bellamy has the team he wants and has been allowed to develop a culture.

This is crap but we need a vision we have one we just dont have the cattle.

That’s your opinion but the only crap I see is what you have written

The season over Now it’s time for Madge to bite the bullet and play some young kids and get rid of the old rubbish I think Madge is more worried about he’s coaching career then the side

@haberfield_tiger said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199520) said:
This result is a by product of chop and changing halfs every week. No cohesion. Every half at the West tigers is shot to bits....

Hard not to disagree... All over the shop

@willow said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199779) said:
@cochise said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199772) said:
@willow said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199766) said:
Suspected ACL for Walters.

That's a shame, is he signed for next year?

He had a 1 year option in his favor which he took.

Luckily, an injury like that at this stage of his career could have been career ending.

What about Brooks

Brooks was terrible

7 or 6 he’s rubbish

Mbye was a good fullback once upon a time. He had pace and hit the line hard. Somewhere along the way he lost the pace and is pretty tentative when hitting the line.

Almost in permanent self preservation mode

@innsaneink said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199786) said:
@haberfield_tiger said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199520) said:
This result is a by product of chop and changing halfs every week. No cohesion. Every half at the West tigers is shot to bits....

Hard not to disagree... All over the shop

Same thing happened at the Dragons last year with the same result.

@JoshColeman99 said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199783) said:
What about Brooks

Brooks was terrible

7 or 6 he’s rubbish

I'd like to see us find him an attack orientated assistant, something like what the Panthers have done with Barrett. I don't know who but feel that would assist us greatly moving forward.

@avocadoontoast said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199750) said:
@cochise said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199745) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199743) said:
What about Brooks

Brooks was terrible

7 or 6 he’s rubbish

You are really clutching at straws. Madge is not doing a good job, it’s as simple as that.

I have concerns, but I think it would be a mistake to get rid of him now. We do need some stability on the coaching front.

I don’t think it would make a difference mate. We’re regressing under him. It hasn’t worked.

blaming the coach for the schoolboy errors we made tonight is next level...

player ineptitude was directly responsible for almost every scoring raid Newcastle made.

Madge didnt instruct Benji to play turnstyle, wouldnt have told Mbye to give away set restarts in our 20, wouldnt have directed them to drop ball in our own half every set for the first 10 sets... After that our squad for the most part turn to water.

@Spacecub said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199732) said:
I'm not blaming any of the players, Maguire has stuffed this side, it's clear he's lost the dressing room....its time for him to go...Newcastle were like this last year,they made the decision to punt Brownie after he was in the same position...Maguire has to go

It’s the cattle mate...IF he has lost the players, the players are not the players to bring us a premiership.results show this year after year.Madge is trying to “polish a proverbial” with what he has now.it has made them better players short term,but long term they cannot find the consistency in their performance because they just don’t have it pure and simple.

@cochise said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199798) said:
@JoshColeman99 said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199783) said:
What about Brooks

Brooks was terrible

7 or 6 he’s rubbish

I'd like to see us find him an attack orientated assistant, something like what the Panthers have done with Barrett. I don't know who but feel that would assist us greatly moving forward.

I have mentioned previously that the coaching staff needs replacing with new blood ?!

@avocadoontoast said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199750) said:
@cochise said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199745) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199743) said:
What about Brooks

Brooks was terrible

7 or 6 he’s rubbish

You are really clutching at straws. Madge is not doing a good job, it’s as simple as that.

I have concerns, but I think it would be a mistake to get rid of him now. We do need some stability on the coaching front.

I don’t think it would make a difference mate. We’re regressing under him. It hasn’t worked.

So what coach is going to get this club going? We’ve already burned through about 5 in as many years.. Can we keep blaming the coach every time we suck? Half of our squad is talentless. Any coach is going to need a steady period to iron out this mess.

Back