Knights V Tigers live game thread

@Spacecub said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199732) said:
I'm not blaming any of the players, Maguire has stuffed this side, it's clear he's lost the dressing room....its time for him to go...Newcastle were like this last year,they made the decision to punt Brownie after he was in the same position...Maguire has to go

It’s the cattle mate...IF he has lost the players, the players are not the players to bring us a premiership.results show this year after year.Madge is trying to “polish a proverbial” with what he has now.it has made them better players short term,but long term they cannot find the consistency in their performance because they just don’t have it pure and simple.

Watching what Cleary Snr has done at Panthers, tell me it’s not the players?? He was here and didn’t take us Any where near top spot.

Also agree with others, Hodgo and Webster need to move on.Keep Millard As he only just arrived.Griffin,pay or Insert name here.

@Spida said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199849) said:
Watching what Cleary Snr has done at Panthers, tell me it’s not the players?? He was here and didn’t take us Any where near top spot.

Also last year, basically same team at Panthers, but not the same results.

Benji is a year older and unfortunately Madge fell into the Brooks illusion that many have fell for over many years now

@voice_of_reason said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199845) said:
We made 7 errors and completed around 55% in the first half. Neither the coach nor the ref can be held accountable for this. The players made fundamental errors which cost us field position, possession and points. Once you're losing the possession battle you then face fatigue.

It doesn't require Mensa analysis, it's a simple game with predictable outcomes based on flow of possession. It's safe to say if we played an error free first half the result would have been different.

Many overlook this unfortunately. Disappointing to watch, but the team sure as hell didn't play the way they train.

@avocadoontoast said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199844) said:
@Sco77y said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199812) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199750) said:
@cochise said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199745) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199743) said:
@JoshColeman99 said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199721) said:
@cochise said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199708) said:
@JoshColeman99 said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199695) said:
@cochise said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199682) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199639) said:
@hobbo1 said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199636) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199628) said:
@happy_tiger said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199606) said:
What about Brooks

Koepka ....champion golfer

Brooks was terrible

7 or 6 he’s rubbish
He’s so robotic and has no rhythm or feel for the game

He’s gone backwards under Madge (as has every back).

100%, not one back has improved outside of Nofa

Talau has been really good. Leilua is brand new, we’ve had two debutants on the wing along with Jennings who’s woeful and Corey was just as good as last year on the wing. Doueihi has been solid too. Not a very fair comments

I think it is, Doueihi has got worse as the season progressed, Talau has been ok but its his 1st year, BJ has not had the same impact for us, Mbye speaks for itself, Benji is not getting any better, Brooks is a shadow of the player he was, Reynold's game is not improving. I'm not suggesting we sack him, but there are things to be concerned about as I stated last week.

Doueihi has been injured and has still been quite solid. Been less involved when our forwards have been getting rolled which is a lot lately, we’ve won 1 out of our last 5 don’t forget hard for anyone to look good. BJ went from a grand final team to us of course he won’t look as good. Benji has played a year too long, Brooks is the big one that I’m questioning. Don’t think you can blame the coach besides Brooks, but he was great last year under Madge as well so who knows

You are really clutching at straws. Madge is not doing a good job, it’s as simple as that.

I have concerns, but I think it would be a mistake to get rid of him now. We do need some stability on the coaching front.

I don’t think it would make a difference mate. We’re regressing under him. It hasn’t worked.

So what coach is going to get this club going? We’ve already burned through about 5 in as many years.. Can we keep blaming the coach every time we suck? Half of our squad is talentless. Any coach is going to need a steady period to iron out this mess.

No idea. But what is fact is that this years team is more his team than last years, and we’re worse.

i understand what your saying but id say what he has brought in gives us at least hope.
Blore, Aj, Lucy, Bj, harry grant (if only for a year) musgrove stefano douhei.
Thats not bad for the cap space he has at his disposal.

Not much you can do with the other boys but ride them out because no other clubs is taking them.

@jirskyr said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199852) said:
@Spida said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199849) said:

Also last year, basically same team at Panthers, but not the same results.

Respect your opinion mate so I'll ask you what do you put that down to? Do you think it is has the media has suggested to influence of Barrett on their halves?

@avocadoontoast said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199834) said:
@Blacknwhite said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199799) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199750) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199743) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199639) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199628) said:
What about Brooks

Brooks was terrible

7 or 6 he’s rubbish

Talau has been really good. Leilua is brand new, we’ve had two debutants on the wing along with Jennings who’s woeful and Corey was just as good as last year on the wing. Doueihi has been solid too. Not a very fair comments

I think it is, Doueihi has got worse as the season progressed, Talau has been ok but its his 1st year, BJ has not had the same impact for us, Mbye speaks for itself, Benji is not getting any better, Brooks is a shadow of the player he was, Reynold's game is not improving. I'm not suggesting we sack him, but there are things to be concerned about as I stated last week.

Doueihi has been injured and has still been quite solid. Been less involved when our forwards have been getting rolled which is a lot lately, we’ve won 1 out of our last 5 don’t forget hard for anyone to look good. BJ went from a grand final team to us of course he won’t look as good. Benji has played a year too long, Brooks is the big one that I’m questioning. Don’t think you can blame the coach besides Brooks, but he was great last year under Madge as well so who knows

You are really clutching at straws. Madge is not doing a good job, it’s as simple as that.

I have concerns, but I think it would be a mistake to get rid of him now. We do need some stability on the coaching front.

I don’t think it would make a difference mate. We’re regressing under him. It hasn’t worked.

blaming the coach for the schoolboy errors we made tonight is next level...

player ineptitude was directly responsible for almost every scoring raid Newcastle made.

Madge didnt instruct Benji to play turnstyle, wouldnt have told Mbye to give away set restarts in our 20, wouldnt have directed them to drop ball in our own half every set for the first 10 sets... After that our squad for the most part turn to water.

He’s chopped and changed every week, thrown hissy fits and we’re 1 win from our past 6. Whatever he’s doing ain’t working.

We’ll be lucky to win 1 more game all year
9th is a dream

@JoshColeman99 said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199847) said:
@old_man_tiger said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199841) said:
@Snake said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199814) said:
@Spida said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199806) said:
I'm not blaming any of the players, Maguire has stuffed this side, it's clear he's lost the dressing room....its time for him to go...Newcastle were like this last year,they made the decision to punt Brownie after he was in the same position...Maguire has to go

It’s the cattle mate...IF he has lost the players, the players are not the players to bring us a premiership.results show this year after year.Madge is trying to “polish a proverbial” with what he has now.it has made them better players short term,but long term they cannot find the consistency in their performance because they just don’t have it pure and simple.

I will not go after the coach with the rabble he has at his disposal .. as we see week after week a large portion are just pretenders on huge salaries what a mess !

Terrible situation, we have to keep paying Mbye for a couple more years and he has nothing to offer atm.
That's 8% or the cap or more, it's literally the salary of 4 - 6 promising juniors tied up in a bulldogs reject because of the Penrith coach.

I think some things Madge has done warrant criticism but he is not the problem and currently is the only card in our hand that might lead to a solution
solution.

The sad truth is we can only work from where we are, anger and regret are as useful as tits on a bull.

Exactly mate. Madge has a genuine plan for the future unlike our previous coaches and there aren’t better coaches on the market.

Can’t believe people are whining about Madge dropping players who haven’t been performing. That’s what good coaches do

he has done what alot called out other coaches for not doing and still his wrong lol cant win i guess

@Lauren said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199848) said:

I just feel Madge is more structured and methodical in his coaching.
Don't think there's anything wrong in that itself except the game has moved onto what would have been perfect for 2005-2012 WT team, and that we require as much emphasis on our attack.
He's been a great coach for our defence but due to our young inexperienced squad there needs to be someone on hand who understands the modern game, to help us incorporate a more variable style of game.

Tonight's game sucked but don't think it's enough to call for his head.
Realistically we needed a complete overhaul and we simply need to tinker with our defensive and attacking structures. Unfortunately for fans, having a team like ours means it's gonna take some time to steady the ship.

Lauren I hear you and agree he would have been great for us earlier.
On the other hand, defence is the cornerstone of nearly every good team.
Apart from us in 05 and the odd flash in the pan from parra or the warriors the examples of teams relying on attack and getting to the GF are very rare.

@hodgo said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199738) said:

quite possibly the stupidest comment i have read on the forum lol. Browny had how long 6 years madge has 2 lol

Let people have there opinions mate

@Spacecub said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199863) said:

quite possibly the stupidest comment i have read on the forum lol. Browny had how long 6 years madge has 2 lol

Agreed mate, even people with ridiculous opinions should be allowed to express them, they do need to expect people to counter them though.

@Spacecub said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199863) said:

thats fair and poor form on my behalf
apologies

@hobbo1 said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199859) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199834) said:
What about Brooks

Brooks was terrible

7 or 6 he’s rubbish

player ineptitude was directly responsible for almost every scoring raid Newcastle made.

Madge didnt instruct Benji to play turnstyle, wouldnt have told Mbye to give away set restarts in our 20, wouldnt have directed them to drop ball in our own half every set for the first 10 sets... After that our squad for the most part turn to water.

He’s chopped and changed every week, thrown hissy fits and we’re 1 win from our past 6. Whatever he’s doing ain’t working.

9th is a dream

I agree. We might not win again.

Thanks hodgo I respect everyone's opinion on here.....i don't like Maguire as a coach

@avocadoontoast said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199875) said:
What about Brooks

Brooks was terrible

7 or 6 he’s rubbish

9th is a dream

Dogs ❌
Roosters❌
Panthers ❌
Manly ❌
Souths ❌
Storm ❌
Parra ❌

14th

@hodgo said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199642) said:
@Goanna57 said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199553) said:
We can be as critical of players as much as we like but the question has to be asked,why have we gone backwards so fast.Maguire is putting a side on the field not a team ,we are going to finish the lowest on the ladder for a few years .I think The players have lost faith in Maguire’s coaching methods he has to own that like some of the players he is past he’s use by date

this is the stuff that blows my mind.
Yeah lets swap coaches again. Lets not let the coach make his team. He trains them to hard. Blah blah blah.

The reason we are in this position is because of these reactions at a higher level. If some players don't want to play for him move them on. If they think they are training to hard go throw them on a worksite for a few weeks. He is a carbon copy of Bellamy except Bellamy has the team he wants and has been allowed to develop a culture.

This is crap but we need a vision we have one we just dont have the cattle.

I agree, I wish I could just point the finger at one thing and say "that's the issue", but I don't know what the coach is supposed to do.

This same team took the best sides in the comp all the way to 80 mins and at one point we were all believing that this was at least a more robust Tigers side. But it seems like the energy or discipline to get us to that level has been fully used up, and we get the half-baked efforts like Souths, Warriors and Knights tonight.

Maguire drops a few players and he gets results. Why would he not think that's viable? You get these morons like Freddy in the media saying "no no pick and stick" and I think to myself, when has picking the same 17 every week regardless of negative performances ever helped Tigers out? Teflon Tim was accused of this constantly during his tenure, of not altering the team based on performance. And Moses Mbye is nothing but the new forum's Daniel Fitzhenry.

@Lauren above wrote a credible piece about the buck stopping with the coach. And if you take the mentality that the coach is primarily responsible for the wins and the performances, then yeah it's on him. But I wonder, again, what is he supposed to do? We all know he's got players on long-term deals that he didn't sign. He's got some really promising kids at the club but they are still green. He signed Luciano and BJ which turned out pretty good so far, as far as Luciano being our best player all season, but Doueihi isn't working out yet.

But tonight, the coach can have all the game plans or insight in the world, but it means nothing if you drop the ball 6 or 7 times inside your own 30 and then fail to defend the following set. That's the NRL nowadays, with the 6-to-go, if you don't respect possession and apply pressure the opposition will just roll and roll. Our line speed went to nothing very rapidly, inside 10 minutes, and the defence was absolutely woeful, like a Broncos performance - a whole bunch of 1-1 misses, soft tries up the middle and the expected Nofo RHS issue or two.

Then we do get some footy and we have to then contend with a fresh and buoyant Knights defensive line. Of course the Knights have great line speed, they've completed 30 of 32 and are basically rested because they've done no defending.

I've seen this team defend like men possessed, keep out better attacking units than the Knights for long periods. But tonight, I'm lost for ideas or remedies. Apart from Luciano they were all really poor, you'd near drop 16 players if you could. Even to the point where they all took turns at dropping the footy one by one, and almost couldn't defuse a kick if their lives depended on it.

@hobbo1 said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199881) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199875) said:
What about Brooks

Brooks was terrible

7 or 6 he’s rubbish

9th is a dream

Dogs ❌
Roosters❌
Panthers ❌
Manly ❌
Souths ❌
Storm ❌
Parra ❌

14th

Oh well, 9th was getting kind of boring.

@Spacecub said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199877) said:
Thanks hodgo I respect everyone's opinion on here.....i don't like Maguire as a coach

Really? Couldn't tell lol

Best thing for other teams playing us in upcoming game that they can rest players and still beat us.
Can't see where next win is from.
Should we send Grant back to Storm so he can hang out with winners.

Back