KOE NSW Cup Team List: Round 7 v Rabbitohs

I mean it’s not a surprise. We generally have had 10 of our top 30 nrl squad unavailable which means 10 of your top 13 for NSW cup missing too. That level of injuries has more of an impact on a nsw cup team then the NRL team because you naturally don’t have nsw cup depth of quality. We are playing in nsw cup what is virtually a Flegg team against teams with experience first and reserve grade players. As long as we are giving experience to the right young blokes then the results mean nothing. I’d rather young blokes getting a go and losing but learning then picking up a few wins with players who will never get out of nsw cup
Yeah definitely a big impact from our injuries, no denying that. Happy to see the right young ones get the experience. Giving players like Peni, Camroux, Kautoga, Pole a go is a step in the right direction.
Issue probably more with the nature of the losses. Getting done by 30 each week and never seem in a match. Surely some brilliance from a few players can jag us a few more tries to compete.

just left lidcombe, another ordinary display, yeah Ogden looked ok, until he sprinted up into the line on the second try and they kicked behind our short side, but carried the Ball strong, dillon was out jumped twice but two try’s went begging down his side in the first half cause junior tupou can’t pass, said before he will get umpteenth chances atm but he’s ordinary tupou. Rua ordinary, didn’t see any forwards out the re today that look anything close to top grade, camroux ok, but nothing special, only young i would persist with him moving forward, did Dias even play I see this bloke named on the nrl reserves list every week , wow, anyway freebairn good talker,says all the right things so he would be a coaching staff dream, shame his ability isn’t up to his talking.

Tupou that bad?
He wasn’t terrible, but just seems to be going through the motions. He was the least dangerous outside back in the team, and I’d expect more from someone with an NRL contract.

Tuki Simpkins barely noticeable. Our best forward was Freebairn which says it all really.

He wasn’t terrible, but just seems to be going through the motions. He was the least dangerous outside back in the team, and I’d expect more from someone with an NRL contract.

Tuki Simpkins barely noticeable. Our best forward was Freebairn which says it all really.
Tuki seems to be a really big disappointment. I had high hopes midway last year, but when I saw his pre season stuff his body shape looks nothing like a kid wanting to break into the NRL. He looks a lot like a club rugby union prop.

Tuki seems to be a really big disappointment. I had high hopes midway last year, but when I saw his pre season stuff his body shape looks nothing like a kid wanting to break into the NRL. He looks a lot like a club rugby union prop.
That’s probably where he’ll end up. Not agile enough for the NRL IMO.

Back to union I'd say for Tuki.

This side just needs some nrl Hardened pros too help them take it to the next level. And a halfback. Stefanovic has been carried by his halves partners, he's an awful halfback. This side just needs some leadership and direction

This side just needs some nrl Hardened pros too help them take it to the next level. And a halfback. Stefanovic has been carried by his halves partners, he's an awful halfback. This side just needs some leadership and direction
Saw him coming in the other week - Big kid...
Is he another talented kid who came through in the halves
who didn't find his real spot?

Saw him coming in the other week - Big kid...
Is he another talented kid who came through in the halves
who didn't find his real spot?
He's like a Brooks without the good running game, defence and passing game. They just need someone to organise them a bit, if Madden dropped down i think they'd start winning. Though they need to cut out the players who have no chance of moving on and play actual prospects. Stapleton already gone, Pauga needs to go too and a few more. they can't only have last years flegg players playing against men.

He's like a Brooks without the good running game, defence and passing game. They just need someone to organise them a bit, if Madden dropped down i think they'd start winning. Though they need to cut out the players who have no chance of moving on and play actual prospects. Stapleton already gone, Pauga needs to go too and a few more. they can't only have last years flegg players playing against men.

Fair to say, We have 4 NRL halves on the books atm - You'd think there'd be one spare to play Ressies....
Madden be back there soon enough you'd think - Hopefully he can put them where they need to be.

Haven't been watching KOE cup this year, but apart from coach moving up to NRL assistant, what else has happened to what was a competitive side last year until the comp shut down?

Haven't been watching KOE cup this year, but apart from coach moving up to NRL assistant, what else has happened to what was a competitive side last year until the comp shut down?
A lot of young guys coming up from Flegg coupled with injuries to the NRL squad meaning not many NRL players getting game time in Cup..

It seems there's more 2022 flegg guys in cup than 2021 guys.
I agree with you here. My opinion (which could be wrong of course), is that last year we had a very strong Flegg team and then a KOE team that were both winning regularly.

Huge mistake in that very few of the Flegg got game time in the KOE. I think only one or two of them got one or two games.

Covid hits - Flegg from 2019 - 2021 have only 1.5 seasons and now these are coming through to KOE playing mainly against men with heaps of experience. It’s not surprising to me we are getting flogged each week not that I would like to make excuses.

Back