Lachlan Galvin #277

Lachlan will play first grade now whether that is at West Tigers or Manly we can only hope it is with us. The kid can play yes his defense needs work but he is not the only one, But has the skills to be a success but he needs time to develop physically at NRL level. The other plus for West Tigers he wants to stay and play for us.

But the club needs to stop Ronald Mcdonald from spreading his Manly spiel.
Ronald Mcdonald?
Please....just use real names....who do you mean, Warren McDonnell?

He said in his interview on the Wests Tigers podcast that he has to work on his strength as he has not had to tackle men, so I would assume he knows what he needs to do and whilst he is killing it with the conditioning work leading many drills, we have seen the physicality on the young players take its toll.

If he is given a plan and time is invested I think he will stay with us for a long time as he will be playing with his mates from the Wests side.

it's Isaac Moses you have to worry about, he knows he has a top talent on his hands clubs will want.
When we sign Luai to play 7 and Fainu 6 hoping Galvin can play some centre.
Doubt we keep him at next contract

If he's 6 4,he will be well over 100kgs to handle the physicality of nrl....maybe more
Too big for a 6 or 7...
.if he has speed it will be outside backs..
If not,Curtis Sironen/Matterson type
..if he has Moses as his agent,he will be repo$itioned as a fullback
We already have one of them

If he's 6 4,he will be well over 100kgs to handle the physicality of nrl....maybe more
Too big for a 6 or 7...
.if he has speed it will be outside backs..
If not,Curtis Sironen/Matterson type
..if he has Moses as his agent,he will be repo$itioned as a fullback
We already have one of them
I've seen this 'too big for a 6 or 7' comment a few times here. Can someone explain this to me? Probably the same people that said that Matt Bowen, Billy Slater and Brett Hodgson were too small to be a fullback. He's been the most impressive 18yo half I have seen in a while but because he has just hit 6'4'' he can't play there anymore. Ok.

it's Isaac Moses you have to worry about, he knows he has a top talent on his hands clubs will want.
When we sign Luai to play 7 and Fainu 6 hoping Galvin can play some centre.
Doubt we keep him at next contract
It’s a big step up from a junior star to an NRL star. Luai is proven and has leadership qualities. Hope we keep Galvin but he’s got a long development period and anything can happen. The Roosters let the WTs develop Tedesco then poached him and we’ve done the same to Penrith with Luai. Once you have a good working spine with Api, Luai , Bula..then juniors will be able to slot in around solid first graders. That’s something we haven’t had in quite some time.

18 years old. How old was Brad Fitler in comparison when making the big time. And thank you KR.
Brad Fittler played for the Panthers as a schoolboy at 17 .. he was an absolute prodigy as a schoolboy though, broke all kinds of records from under 8s at Mt Pritchard on to Australian schoolboys 5/8 where he outplayed a Qld 5/8 named Julian O’Neill that also had huge wraps on him at the time..

I've seen this 'too big for a 6 or 7' comment a few times here. Can someone explain this to me? Probably the same people that said that Matt Bowen, Billy Slater and Brett Hodgson were too small to be a fullback. He's been the most impressive 18yo half I have seen in a while but because he has just hit 6'4'' he can't play there anymore. Ok.
I get your argument. Galvin would be the first “legend” 6’4 7 ever? Is he that good?

Brad Fittler played for the Panthers as a schoolboy at 17 .. he was an absolute prodigy as a schoolboy though, broke all kinds of records from under 8s at Mt Pritchard on to Australian schoolboys 5/8 where he outplayed a Qld 5/8 named Julian O’Neill that also had huge wraps on him at the time..
In an era where everyone worked a day job and trained twice per week. Much bigger leap these days.

Tim Brasher was also still in year 12 when he debuted for Balmain and played in the 89 GF!!

Big difference between Fittler and Brasher compared to the current crop of young gifted prospects is that they were also exceptional defensively from the moment they debuted!

Tim Brasher was also still in year 12 when he debuted for Balmain and played in the 89 GF!!

Big difference between Fittler and Brasher compared to the current crop of young gifted prospects is that they were also exceptional defensively from the moment they debuted!
Imagine being that young and immature and coming up against Big Mal and Daley and co. You’d be shitting bricks. That’s what these young fellas need to still overcome. Hopefully they’re the real deal.

Well I do wonder, does his size make it easier for him to stand out in his current grade / age group.
Watching a few of the school boy games the forwards were a lot more physically developed to LG so he wouldn’t dominate in the backrow but having the stature of a backrower in halves can be a point of difference especially as he has really good hands and timing. Let the boy take on the challenge of playing vs men before judging him appropriately.

Clontarf actually explained it well. Galvin is a skinny kid. Way to skinny for NRL or probably even KOE. He hasnt even played Flegg yet. In order to survive NRL he needs to put on a lot of muscle mass. On a 6'4" frame by the time he build sufficient muscle to survive, he is well over 100kg and this will definitely impact his speed and acceleration and will not be suited for halves.

Clontarf actually explained it well. Galvin is a skinny kid. Way to skinny for NRL or probably even KOE. He hasnt even played Flegg yet. In order to survive NRL he needs to put on a lot of muscle mass. On a 6'4" frame by the time he build sufficient muscle to survive, he is well over 100kg and this will definitely impact his speed and acceleration and will not be suited for halves.
He is a classic all-arms and legs kid going through puberty.

Agility..speed off the mark..lateral mofbility can all be compromised at that size when he muscles up.Sirro best example
Greg Inglis was about that height,and an athletic freak,but u wldnt play him half back,and was more of a runner
And if he doesnt bulk up,he cld end up like Papenhauzen ..brittle
If hes good enuffie continues to develop..theres definitely aspot for himin outside backs or full back

1703706358085.png
This guy's 6'4" and still manages to have a little bit of acceleration and speed.

Latest posts

Members online

Back