Lachlan Galvin #277

Agility..speed off the mark..lateral mofbility can all be compromised at that size when he muscles up.Sirro best example
Greg Inglis was about that height,and an athletic freak,but u wldnt play him half back,and was more of a runner
And if he doesnt bulk up,he cld end up like Papenhauzen ..brittle
If hes good enuffie continues to develop..theres definitely aspot for himin outside backs or full back
You’d play him at fullback or centre? The two positions where you need the most agility and speed off the mark.

Brad Fittler played for the Panthers as a schoolboy at 17 .. he was an absolute prodigy as a schoolboy though, broke all kinds of records from under 8s at Mt Pritchard on to Australian schoolboys 5/8 where he outplayed a Qld 5/8 named Julian O’Neill that also had huge wraps on him at the time..
tim brasher played in a GF for balmain at centre when he was still at school

Since 1908 it's been true that if you're good enough, you're old enough.
Galvin however is a bit of a stick insect, so I'd let him hit puberty before throwing him in.

Last edited:
I've seen this 'too big for a 6 or 7' comment a few times here. Can someone explain this to me? Probably the same people that said that Matt Bowen, Billy Slater and Brett Hodgson were too small to be a fullback. He's been the most impressive 18yo half I have seen in a while but because he has just hit 6'4'' he can't play there anymore. Ok.
I've seen Dave Taylor play at #7. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Tim Brasher was also still in year 12 when he debuted for Balmain and played in the 89 GF!!

Big difference between Fittler and Brasher compared to the current crop of young gifted prospects is that they were also exceptional defensively from the moment they debuted!
Tim Brasher was not great defensively when he started. He could run like the wind and could sniff out a gap. Over the years his defence improved but like 99% of young kids it’s the hardest part of the game when you’re first starting. Fittler was a exception for sure

Golfed at Manly yesteday..they think theyve got him,planned to replace DCE .Being pushed by Moses
Pretty clear pathway

Golfed at Manly yesteday..they think theyve got him,planned to replace DCE .Being pushed by Moses
Pretty clear pathway
Tenpin bowling at Penrith yesterday and they reckon they've got him.
Day before I played tennis in Brisbane and they reckon they've got him.
Last week I played ice hockey in Melbourne and they reckon they've got him.
Last month I did a bit of head hunting in the PNG backwaters and they reckon he'll be their inaugural half and they're very pleased with the size of his head.

Last month I did a bit of head hunting in the PNG backwaters and they reckon he'll be their inaugural half and they're very pleased with the size of his head.
I’m pretty suss on this

You need to get out more!

Any word of PNG interest in Noffa? Tasty brain. Never been used.

Tim Brasher was not great defensively when he started. He could run like the wind and could sniff out a gap. Over the years his defence improved but like 99% of young kids it’s the hardest part of the game when you’re first starting. Fittler was a exception for sure
Rubbish!!

Brasher replaced Pobjie at centre and was a defensive rock from his debut game in 89!

He was always an exceptional defender!

Latest posts

Back