Lachlan Galvin #277

Me starting my reply with “ probably not” in regards to your comment regarding Fainu shows I did you see your point and acknowledged you may be right.
I said probably only Sullivan.

You replied with 'probably not'.

Generally, to reply with the opposite sentiment indicates disagreement with a point. I can't fathom how 'probably not' in reply is you agreeing with what I've said.

I said probably only Sullivan.

You replied with 'probably not'.

Generally, to reply with the opposite sentiment indicates disagreement with a point. I can't fathom how 'probably not' in reply is you agreeing with what I've said.
You then went on to talk about Fainu, to which is what I was replying to

If I’m coaching none of our proven first graders play trials. Sean McVay approach.
probably the best idea if we had a team established, but we don't. personally I think we probably need every single minute we can get to allow these new guys to gel as best as they can.

we've got two new halves who need to work with their edges, and for that reason I'd be rolling out our first choice 1-7 plus Bateman and Papali'i, all fitness depending, for at least 25 minutes. the middles + Api can have a week to prepare further, but I'd probably have Seyfarth doing some time at 13 to ensure that if he is going to be the guy that he has time to work on things.

Simpkin and Da Silva will be fine for a week, although I could potentially see Api there as well given he does run things from the middle corridor a fair bit.

probably the best idea if we had a team established, but we don't. personally I think we probably need every single minute we can get to allow these new guys to gel as best as they can.

we've got two new halves who need to work with their edges, and for that reason I'd be rolling out our first choice 1-7 plus Bateman and Papali'i, all fitness depending, for at least 25 minutes. the middles + Api can have a week to prepare further, but I'd probably have Seyfarth doing some time at 13 to ensure that if he is going to be the guy that he has time to work on things.

Simpkin and Da Silva will be fine for a week, although I could potentially see Api there as well given he does run things from the middle corridor a fair bit.
I’ve heard a whisper and think it’s highly likely we will be close to full strength for at least half a game in both trials.

I’ve heard a whisper and think it’s highly likely we will be close to full strength for at least half a game in both trials.
that's the right call imo. while I'll be cursing Marshall if one of our key players go down, we've got brand new left and right edges and apparently a new 13 (Red) and for that reason we probably need every possible minute available to gel.

I hope so because playing the Raiders, Sharks and Eels first up is gonna be one heck of a test & all 3 will be physical encounters. Boys need to have miles in the legs and hits to the body.

Some young players just get better with every challenge that's thrown at them .. usually only the special few.. fittler, benji, haas, Lawrence.. all looked comfortable with each higher grade they played.. Bula didn't look exceptional in his couple Cup games but just excelled when playing with classier players.. Is Galvin going to be in that category.. who knows ? But don't think for a minute they wouldn't be running Stef, Klem, Ipap straight at him at training to see if he is up to it.. doubt they'll set him up for failure.. only the coaching staff and his future first grade team mates would know if he's ready.. how good it is it to have a few good kids coming through..

Or you treat the first two comp games as your trials and hope to jag a win, knowing that we normally get an advantage around origin time to make up the lost points. I see the benefits of a trial but personally I wouldn’t risk your Bula’s / Api’s. Plus a few others.

Some young players just get better with every challenge that's thrown at them .. usually only the special few.. fittler, benji, haas, Lawrence.. all looked comfortable with each higher grade they played.. Bula didn't look exceptional in his couple Cup games but just excelled when playing with classier players.. Is Galvin going to be in that category.. who knows ? But don't think for a minute they wouldn't be running Stef, Klem, Ipap straight at him at training to see if he is up to it.. doubt they'll set him up for failure.. only the coaching staff and his future first grade team mates would know if he's ready.. how good it is it to have a few good kids coming through..
Bula scored a freakish try at Leichhardt in round one of Reggie’s. Went into the black book off one run.

That makes sense to me.
The halves need to be tested with a close to our top pack is IMO very important for Benji and Morris to scrutinise how they handle their roles of attack and defence.
At least half a game to test what they have been doing at training.

I’m tipping we will go into both trials strong to try and get wins and build confidence.
And if the wahs go into trial 1 with basically reggies and Flegg players, we run up a cricket score... That really achieves little

Trials aren't about results they're about putting work at training into practice, forming combos and new players gelling

What guarantee is there the club will even want him for 2025.

I cite Cameron Munster as a comparative player, or Benji. Where are they best for the team? I get it we paid him huge marquee money, but why not pair him with a steady playmaker? What’s worked his whole career?
Fittler towards end of career.

Members online

Back