Lachlan Galvin #277

I'm going to say one thing in particular about Lachie....It's great to see a kid play FOOTBALL the way he sees it,face up to experienced men and not fear them and he has enormous respect for Benji and is always willing to better himself and the team ..It's been awhile since I have watched a young guy go hard at it and not be intimidated by the big arena...I wish him well with his career...

I can just see Fainu getting shat on if he doesn’t reach the bar Galvin has set. And that would be unfair.
I just hope he provide some spark . By all reports Galvin is better pure footy player , but Fainu is the more skilful half .
For reference I thought Saunders was great for the eels today , and is not considered in the same league as our 2 , even though he’s extremely highly rated .
For me it’s like we have the last 2 number 1 draft picks at the club . Doesn’t mean they’ll both work out , look at brooks , but yea hopefully he gets time off the bench next week .
We really aimed up against 2 of the best forward packs in the comp to start the season . The middles go into the game next week with the same intensity , and dare I say it , I can’t see that workman like pack matching it with us .
In some ways coming up against red hot Dragons and Raiders packs to start our season , has shown us what nrl standard intensity is .
it seems to have made us lift . Outside of that first 20 mins against the raiders the pack has gone real well .

Galvin should accept the charge even though it means he'll miss his Campbelltown debut.

Galvin's suspension opens the door for the equally talented Fainu. Our halves depth this year (Fainu, Sullivan, Doueihi) is an order of magnitude better than last year (Wakeham, Smith).

Fainu played some hooker from memory in the test against England so it would make sense for him to come in at 14 with Bud to 6. Can't see Api playing 80 again considering the 5-day turnaround so whoever is in 14 is very likely to get some minutes.

When I compare his debut with Daine Lauries a couple of years ago he comes 2nd
Too many errors and he's is slower than Laurie was . Laurie went downhill from his early days as many at the tigers do ! However is debut was more impressive!
Galvin is green and will probably get better with time .As a Tiger supporter I want results now ! We lost Hastings and Brooks and the performance of our half's in game 1 says we are headed for another spoon .
Sezer is the most experienced so why he comes on for last 15 mins ?
Or is he another of the aging former champs that stop by at Concord for a nice pay check for a year or two on the way to retirement eg Ballin, Matulino ,Packer ?
The other half you call BUD -well he had a shocker ? Don't understand he is young looks fit and remember him having some great games at the Dragons .Whats gone wrong ?
??? 😅😂🤣

Fainu played some hooker from memory in the test against England so it would make sense for him to come in at 14 with Bud to 6. Can't see Api playing 80 again considering the 5-day turnaround so whoever is in 14 is very likely to get some minutes.
Totally agree Bud should slot in to 5/8 and Fainu to bench. He can definitely play 14.
Keep Seyfarth on the bench and give big Stef a pat on the back for another real strong game.

I agree but Latu they are managing Latu’s loads at present due to soft tissue injuries. He played half a game last week and a little more this week - not sure they will want to rush him in as he is only regaining his strength

I agree but Latu they are managing Latu’s loads at present due to soft tissue injuries. He played half a game last week and a little more this week - not sure they will want to rush him in as he is only regaining his strength
True. Could be Simpkin then who comes in. Not sure if he has done his 11 days though from the concussion he suffered last week? All reports suggested it was a bad one…

Benji hasn’t had an issue with Bud on the bench and today didn’t use Bud or AJ.

Starting with Bud and giving Latu the bench role makes sense as his game time would be limited anyway.

Bud’s defence has been atrocious which may be Benji’s concern.

Not only is Lachie doing great with his one on one defending, but his fast lateral movement is playing a large part in why opposing teams are not regular stripping is for numbers on his side of the field.
Another 2 try assists today, to go with his natural competitiveness and effort plays, he’s certainly a breath of fresh air.

Last edited:
Lachlan Galvin missed his first tackle in first grade today. In his three games, he has made 69 tackles to go with that. Unheard of for a rookie to put those numbers up in defence, let alone a rookie half.
He’s everywhere in defence. And he stands his ground.

Back