Lachlan Galvin #277

It’s hard to grasp that he’s 18 and would have no concept what 05 was like. He was only 3 months old when we won the comp. That’s crazy. I was 18 in 05. You don’t realise just how young you are until you get older. Would be like someone my age now, thinking it’s crazy I’m too young to remember 1989.

It’s hard to grasp that he’s 18 and would have no concept what 05 was like. He was only 3 months old when we won the comp. That’s crazy. I was 18 in 05. You don’t realise just how young you are until you get older. Would be like someone my age now, thinking it’s crazy I’m too young to remember 1989.
Ugh thanks for making me feel like a dinosaur.

I truly thought our day was done when Lachie went to the bin. we weathered the storm and a few minutes after coming back on he produces a world class play at a time when his team needed it most.

similar to last week the Bula try was textbook Galvin. it’s where he has always been lethal. terrorising the three man has been his bread and butter since Harold Matts. yet again he proves his worth on the biggest stage in his third game of first grade.

there is no ceiling here. appreciate that we get to watch this star rise in our colours. now let’s get to fighting this hip drop charge.

So who replaces him next week I don’t want BUD in the team , bring maybe fainu in , but I think it’s to early , as in his return from injury

If anything with his power Fainu and his tackling and body shape I would play him at 13 would be sensational there Galvin at 6

Fainu at 13 would add another dimension to the attack
Im hoping we see this spine for the next half decade +

1. Bula (needs to keep developing backup qualities like Hodgo around the ruck, attacking weapon)
6. Fainu (skills galore)
7. Rommy
9 Api / TDS (After Api retires)
13 Galvin (6'3'' 85kg, Big lanky kid will fill out with a few more off seasons, 100kg ball playing lock Tigers have needed for a long time)

I truly thought our day was done when Lachie went to the bin. we weathered the storm and a few minutes after coming back on he produces a world class play at a time when his team needed it most.

similar to last week the Bula try was textbook Galvin. it’s where he has always been lethal. terrorising the three man has been his bread and butter since Harold Matts. yet again he proves his worth on the biggest stage in his third game of first grade.

there is no ceiling here. appreciate that we get to watch this star rise in our colours. now let’s get to fighting this hip drop charge.
Everything you said is correct except fighting the charge.
He is guilty and losing at the judiciary will only lengthen his suspension.

It's hard to get excited about Galvin, KNOWING that he is definitely leaving us because his agent is Moses...

Hand up I was doubtful because of his build and age. Egg on my face
You have no egg on your face and neither do I or many others.
It was right to be concerned. We’ve seen this club and others destroy the careers of young guys many many times. As Braith pointed out, this isn’t like how Sam Walker was elevated into a team of stars who were killing it, he has come into a team of losers and thrived.
The boy is playing like a 10 year veteran. What he is doing is astonishing. Silly old Rothfield thinks the race for rookie of the year is already over lol…
I don’t feel stupid for criticising the way we were talking about him. I thought it was dangerous and possibly harmful to his development considering the less than stellar showings of TDS and Matamua when elevated too early.
We are witnessing the birth of something special here.

Nice to be able to trust the process that those making the decisions know what they are doing more than the fans. It's hard to argue that Benji/coaching team didn't know what they were doing with this one and those who were doubting must at the very least be pleased about that. It may even help us retain him.

It's hard to get excited about Galvin, KNOWING that he is definitely leaving us because his agent is Moses...
Really? The people that were there when Moses vowed to bring the club to it's knees are gone ( namely Pascoe) If we keep winning, Lachy gets what he's worth along the way, and the club isn't the basket case it previously was, he won't move him on.

You have no egg on your face and neither do I or many others.
It was right to be concerned. We’ve seen this club and others destroy the careers of young guys many many times. As Braith pointed out, this isn’t like how Sam Walker was elevated into a team of stars who were killing it, he has come into a team of losers and thrived.
The boy is playing like a 10 year veteran. What he is doing is astonishing. Silly old Rothfield thinks the race for rookie of the year is already over lol…
I don’t feel stupid for criticising the way we were talking about him. I thought it was dangerous and possibly harmful to his development considering the less than stellar showings of TDS and Matamua when elevated too early.
We are witnessing the birth of something special here.
Astonishing when I heard him say that. Fox are taking the piss using Rothfield for comedy.

As for the Galvin suspension, in a round about sort of way, might not be bad for his young body to have a couple of weeks off. Not so good for the team short term, but better in the long run.

As for the Galvin suspension, in a round about sort of way, might not be bad for his young body to have a couple of weeks off. Not so good for the team short term, but better in the long run.
That’s what I was thinking. Put in him cotton wool for a couple of weeks.

Everything you said is correct except fighting the charge.
He is guilty and losing at the judiciary will only lengthen his suspension.
looking back on it today there's a few different ways you can look at it. the fact that it was Galvin making a 1-on-1 tackle can either help his case or hinder it. I guess we'll know later today what the club thinks.

Reactions: BZN
If Wests Tigers want to keep him long term, I don’t think he’ll be looking to leave, particularly if Benji stays on as our coach.
Three games do not make a season, but a good start is certainly very important for the confidence levels and I’ve never seen a happier looking player than Galvin, I don’t think he’s even contemplating going anywhere else at this stage.

Who was it about 6 weeks ago that kept saying Galvin was too skinny and too young to play NRL ?
Those comments have aged well.
Well it shows the coaches are decent judges, with the offseason noise that they were impressed by how well Galvin was training and performing.

Staff online

Back