Laurie Spina Shield

Poppa

If anyone is interested this competition is conducted in Townsville for Junior Rugby League clubs all over Qld.There was 54 teams and this year under 11's competing in groups over 2 days with the final played at DFS prior to the Cowboys V Sharks.This year an interstate team from Marrickville Tigers (Sydney)took part.My grandson plays for Brothers reds were undefeated went into the finals and yes their opponents were Marrickville Tigers also underfeated.The result Marrickville Tigers won the Shield in a good hard game.Sadly for us we ran second but it was a great night for the young up and comers.The Shield was presented by Laurie Spina, to the winning team and I'm sure the young kids from Sydney will remember their trip up to Townsville for this competition for a long time to come.At half time in the main game a relay race was run again with the fastest kids from the 54 teams and again Marrickville Tigers won from Brothers red by a short half head, so my grandsons team went down twice to the same team on the same day.What might have happened had the Sydney boys not came up ha!ha!.Good to have them up here.Laurie Spina from Ingham was a fine NQ/Sydney Roosters/and Cowboys original halfback….Hope everyone enjoys this.

:sign: :supporter:

The Sydney team was the Matraville Tigers not the Marrickville Tigers as I stated in my previous thread.My apologies to all:Hope to see them again next year…......
\
\
\
:supporter: :sign:

I wish I was in your neck of the woods. It's been too cold down here in Sydney lately.

Hi alien:The weather is beautiful and June/July is the best time to be in NQ,the skies are blue with heaps of sunshine.I'm sitting here in shorts and my West Magpies polo shirt on.Temp today was 15-27.I often look at the temps in Sydney/Melbourne/Canberra and shudder…....
\
\
\
:sign: :supporter:

Staff online

Back