Let's be realistic

Tigerpete

Who outside of the 18 players named would do a better job. Okay, some of them are seriously out of form, a lot of them have been played out of form by their team mates brain dead, selfish football. What i hope is the Benji and Robbie take accountability for their own form and actions and get back to playing football. If they do then other guys will follow suit. I don't think mass changes were ever going to help, we've got the right players there, they've simply got to do their jobs.

The problem is that they turn up for 4 weeks and play like utter rubbish and nobody gets dropped at all.

It is why they don't have to correct their form. There is nothing going to happen if they don't.

Fitzy, Daniella & Lui are not NRL standard.

Edit: I think Lui will get there just like I think Lazarus will get there but defensively neither are up to the task.

When passing the ball you almost have time to make a cup of tea while you watch the cogs turn in Luis head for him to pass it and his outside man get mullered

ARRRGGGHHH!!!

PETE…if nothing changes......... NOTHING CHANGES!!

Last week was the most gutless pathetic display in a long time...oooh maybe they got a few extra laps around the oval.

The problem is that they don't deserve to be there. I would rather have seen five or six guys from State Cup brought in who are going to work their asses off than the crap that's been served up.

@Tigerpete said:
Who outside of the 18 players named would do a better job. Okay, some of them are seriously out of form, a lot of them have been played out of form by their team mates brain dead, selfish football. What i hope is the Benji and Robbie take accountability for their own form and actions and get back to playing football. If they do then other guys will follow suit. I don't think mass changes were ever going to help, we've got the right players there, they've simply got to do their jobs.

Mataka, Akeripa and Gower all better than Flanagan

Akeripa better centre than Daniella

Taumata better utility than Brown

MacDougall, and Pritchard better wingers than Fitzy

Who do we throw in though? Gower - Yes, Taumata - Similar situation to Lui, Dwyer - there this week. Other than that you'd be hard pressed finding players who are going to surely out play a player dropped the week before. Making changes is one thing, but you've got to have a balance otherwise your throwing the side to into a pack wolves.

We reward crap with a guaranteed position in the top grade. We will never know if the players in the other grade are up to standard because Sheens will not give them a go. Absolute joke

@Tigerpete said:
Who do we throw in though? Gower - Yes, Taumata - Similar situation to Lui, Dwyer - there this week. Making changes is one thing, but you've got to have a balance otherwise your throwing the side to into a pack wolves.

the wolves are at the front door, back door and jumping through the windows already mate.

Other than that you'd be hard pressed finding players who are going to surely out play a player dropped the week before.

a player that had 50 put on them? not hard, just turn up and play with a bit of passion and ticker and you've already outplayed that rubbish from last week.

i dont want wholesale changes either, but seriously, some changes needed to come

let's be realistic.

Sheens has been at the club for 7-8 years and made the finals once.
He has probably the strongest squad since 2005 including Australian, New Zealand and England representatives.
He has not one, not two, but three first grade coaches at his disposal.
He has not one, not two, but three feeder teams to choose players from.
He has not one, not two, but three love affairs - with Fitzy, Brown and Daniela.

Let's be realistic … the guy is a joke and he's giving our club a bad name.

1\. Ryan - staying, Form has been solid
2\. Tuqiri - staying. key player, had a bad day sunday
3\. Daniela - questionable selection but is contracted and had little chance so far
4\. Lawrence - will stay
5\. Fitzhenry - been solid, we could replace but the guy coming in isn't going to offer a lot more than him
6\. Marshall - needs to shape up
7\. Lui - give him time
8 Gibbs - done well this year
9\. Farah - see benji
10\. Payten - in a side that works well we get the benefits of payten. Gower though could play there
11\. Flanagan - questionable selection to start. Has done some good though
12\. Ellis - staying
13\. Heighington - staying

14\. Fifita - staying
15\. Moors - done okay but Gower or Mataka could offer the same
16\. Dwyer - 1st game of season
17\. Brown - nuffy selection. Why sheens continues to pick a back on the bench i'll never understand
18\. Davis - see brown, although to his fairness he can play back row and is untried
\
\
Fact is guys i don't really see a lot of room to move. Consider the fact we've got the salary cap to contend with and we know it's tight with the drama surrounding Gibbs and Farah's contracts beyond this season. We've got to be careful. Bottom line is i don't think we've got the room to move that we'd like to have. I understand where you guys are coming from, it seems accountability is zero and it's not just this week but i think weeks selection comes back to some shoddy additions to the squad for this season…..Brown, Daniela, Fitzhenry, Cayless and Tupou.

Pete, I think what most people are trying to get at is because Fitzy is "solid" (which i think is very generous), why not try a younger guy? Deadset, how much worse could he be?! Ok, he goes exactly the same as Fitzy. At least we know that the guys in reserve grade aren't being wasted.
If he sets the world on fire, Sheens can go away and stuff his face with some humble pie.

Its a very simple formula,& it works just like any other business…when the management arent accountable(in this case coaching staff),then how can u expect the employees(players)to be accountable?

@alex said:
Pete, I think what most people are trying to get at is because Fitzy is "solid" (which i think is very generous), why not try a younger guy? Deadset, how much worse could he be?! Ok, he goes exactly the same as Fitzy. At least we know that the guys in reserve grade aren't being wasted.
If he sets the world on fire, Sheens can go away and stuff his face with some humble pie.

I think as i've said before it's the money we woul dhave to pay another player coming up through the ranks. We just don;t have roomunder the cap this year to promote anymore players…

@IronTiger said:
@alex said:

I think as i've said before it's the money we woul dhave to pay another player coming up through the ranks. We just don;t have roomunder the cap this year to promote anymore players…

True.

But then I think it's a very poorly constructed top 25 that we have backs coming out of our you know what but find it hard to rotate other positions.

Fitzhenry has been "solid". Wow, i have heard it all now. A solid turd i assume you are talking about?

He is a 30 year old hack, who could not run out of sight on a dark night, scared of contact, no ability in the air, hasn't scored a try, has let in tries and totop it off he was rubbish 5 seasons ago.

If that is your definition of solid well i suppose you are spot on.

anyone who comes from state cup only recieve match payments on top of their state cup salaries which come under the second teir cap, so the notion that it will put us over the cap is BS as the payments come under the second tier cap which we should have an abundance of room for situations like this. if we are exceding the 400k second tier cap for both wests and BRET players then admin have questions to answer

Out of this week's team, I would like to see Rhys Pritchard on the wing ahead of Fitzhenry. In the centres I would like to see either Josh Davis or Nu Akeripa get a run ahead of Daniela as both players are bigger and can tackle and offer more impact. I'd prefer to see Gower start in the second row ahead of Flanagan and I'd rather see Taumata on the bench ahead of Brown. It's merely wishful thinking however.

same faces …... same result, this club has been going in circles for five years now, and it isn't going to change this year either.

Members online

Back