Luciano Leilua quits Wests Tigers

@tigerwould said in [Luciano Leilua quits Wests Tigers](/post/1515428) said:
They must be getting worried that he will pork up

Too late

No time pressure on the WTs on this one. Happy to have Lucy here for 2022, unless the Cowboys make a very interesting swap deal.

@harvey said in [Luciano Leilua quits Wests Tigers](/post/1515404) said:
Seriously, we need to hold players to their contracts and let them kick stones.

We are a laughing stock in this regard.

Or secure a suitable player in return ala Storm

They can request it formally, informally, quasi-formally... I don't see the answer changing? Yes if we can have one of the young fellows, no if we cannot.

I cannot imagine:
Cowboys: givvus Leilua?
Tigers: Nope.
Cowboys: Whilst thou give'st Luciano thine blessing to depart?
Tigers: well, seeing as you asked formally... still no.

@jirskyr said in [Luciano Leilua quits Wests Tigers](/post/1515437) said:
They can request it formally, informally, quasi-formally... I don't see the answer changing? Yes if we can have one of the young fellows, no if we cannot.

I cannot imagine:
Cowboys: givvus Leilua?
Tigers: Nope.
Cowboys: Whilst thou give'st Luciano thine blessing to depart?
Tigers: well, seeing as you asked formally... still no.

Slow news day, just rehashing last weeks column.

@tiger05premier said in [Luciano Leilua quits Wests Tigers](/post/1515426) said:
@rex2ce said in [Luciano Leilua quits Wests Tigers](/post/1515422) said:
Meant to finish with lol , not lo.

Jason Taumalolo?

Sorry mate thought Thurston

I have full faith in Sheen's on this..
Unless we get something back from Cowboys OR we need the spot and funds to get a top line player elsewhere is the only way it happens..
Keen to see how this plays out

@tigers_tale said in [Luciano Leilua quits Wests Tigers](/post/1515530) said:
Maybe we should swap LL to Storm and get Smith up here.

Not a chance, a decent player but comes with a lot of off field baggage and there is no future in it. I know some lads will raise the Harry Grant thing, but with him we were at least a chance, remember the get out clause in his contract(1 in 1000, but still a chance).
Beside, didn't the club try to talk to this bloke and he refused to even speak to /meet our officials. So stuff him, let him live with the consequences of having a big mouth, playing for a club where no one wants him .

I am surprised something has not happened yet with a trade for LL ..
I actually thought he would of been gone by now so the players involved could prepare their families etc before Xmas..
We must not be happy with a deal or maybe NQ thinks we will just release him for nothing which would be no chance
Either way I would keep him until we get something in return as Eels and Panthers are not releasing the guys we signed.

@spartan117 said in [Luciano Leilua quits Wests Tigers](/post/1517316) said:
It needs to be in our favour.

Were finally standing up for ourselves.

100% agree it does or no release.. We are not paying him 700k next year so he is worth keeping unless it suits US.

This happens a lot of times when things settle down and home the victim withdraws their complaints, end of story until next time (unfortunately).
If there is evidence the victim can't just withdraw the charges. Police must proceed unless prosecutor thinks evidence is flimsy and it's withdrawn.

Back