Lui Bash

@bradexl said:
Why are you guys looking at his game to find his flaws? Get off his back and accept him for what he is…a good kid with amazing attacking ability and a good football brain for someone so young..
This thread is pathetic because of your agenda...

Robert, just because you scored a try tonight don't think we will forget how many you nearly let in from your pathetic attempts at tackling. I'll admit you have potential but right now your defence sucks!

I watched him closely and he is often caught running out of the line and getting isolated. I think this not an attempt to put a big shot on but rather trying to get to the attacking player early in an effort to stop them building up momentum.

He is actually over committing. He does not have time to adjust when the player changes angle and tends to grab.

To my mind it's a technique issue and not a desire issue. He may be better served by tackling lower

Just got back from the game great win as far as Lui is concerned he can go Manly ran at him all night and his defence was so bad and it is not improving with big games comming up it is a big worry ,as far as Moltzen going to half back it would be the death nell of the the tigers season i dont like to bag our guys but this guy dogged it tonight and i am sick and tired of saying it must be lack of confidence with his knee rubbish he is not up to the nrl

how come there isn't any threads dedicated to Aaron Woods looking at the ref that gave Balin the chance to score from dummy half? or the thread about Benji missing a shot from in-front that could have been crucial? or Matt Groat giving away 2 consecutive penalties late in the game that gave Manly great field position?

we won't dedicate any threads to them coz its just easier to bash Lui

as if there aren't people on this forum with agenda's

pfft

He never involves himself in plays. Benji is always looking for someone to pass the ball to and usually finds a forward when he needs Lui there.

eheh, perhaps because their kids and not high paid professionals yet?

They are the future of the club so give them a break perhaps :slight_smile:

I will lough my head of if Lui leaves the club next year.

@habibsta33 said:
I think his issue is his lack of fitness. He seems to slow when ever he breaks the line and seems to always be huffing and puffing, something you dont really associate with halfbacks or any backs for that matter. Hence his defence is shocking and usually involves arm grabbing and no real effort

Fitness?

The guy runs like Justin Hodges - his pace is deceiving.

@GNR4LIFE said:
how come there isn't any threads dedicated to Aaron Woods looking at the ref that gave Balin the chance to score from dummy half? or the thread about Benji missing a shot from in-front that could have been crucial? or Matt Groat giving away 2 consecutive penalties late in the game that gave Manly great field position?

pfft

:master:

Amen!

It's all relative… Are we going to butcher a keen Matty Groat on his second full time first grade assignment for letting in two consecutive penalties? Or Moltzen for being caught out of position twice, Woodsy for being dudded by Ballin? Give Lui a break! He scored a bloody try and had a good go with the pill in hand... If Benji didn't set up Lawrence on the left corner you'd be bagging him out too.

@GNR4LIFE said:

pfft

Because all those guys more than made up for their errors.

lui is still very young, cant believe the endless posts on him to be dropped and the usual brag about his defence. that will improve over the years as will his fitness levels, at times he still looks like he's way out of his depth in the nrl based on the fitness levels alone. but he does create points and scores a few so sheens wont be dropping him anytime soon.

Defensively poor, no two ways about it. His attack was fine though and despite the missed tackle, tonight he did not cost his team a try and scored one of his own. He is a double edged sword in this regard.

@Cultured Bogan said:
@GNR4LIFE said:

pfft

Amen!

It's all relative… Are we going to butcher a keen Matty Groat on his second full time first grade assignment for letting in two consecutive penalties? Or Moltzen for being caught out of position twice, Woodsy for being dudded by Ballin? Give Lui a break! He scored a bloody try and had a good go with the pill in hand... If Benji didn't set up Lawrence on the left corner you'd be bagging him out too.

People do dedicate threads on Moltzen's shortcomings at fullback. People do dedicate threads regarding Benji's wayward goal kicking.

Aaron Woods doesn't consistently look at the ref from dummy half and give away tries like that.

As many have said Lui was solid in attack but his defense is a **constant** concern.

Wanna score a try? Go to Lui and get a free ticket!

I have NEVER seen a defender as bad as Lui. He's so bad sometimes he looks like he's trying to get out of position so he won't have to tackle.

Turnstile? Nah, you have to push them to get through!!! :roll

@tsjonathan said:
@Cultured Bogan said:
@GNR4LIFE said:

pfft

Amen!

People do dedicate threads on Moltzen's shortcomings at fullback. People do dedicate threads regarding Benji's wayward goal kicking.

Aaron Woods doesn't consistently look at the ref from dummy half and give away tries like that.

As many have said Lui was solid in attack but his defense is a **constant** concern.

And did Lui let in a try? Nope… Pretty sure he scored one though. Pretty sure the aim of a halfback was to score points and not leak them... Lui was the least of our issues in defense. We were caught out twice and you're still trying to tie in both Manly's tries (one by a pure genius offload by DCE and the other a poor judgement by Woods,) to Lui... Give it a bloody break! He didn't leak points, he actually scored some and he was involved in some movement, there's no excuse to lay the slipper in, and if there is, well I can think of three players who played just as well as him who stand in front of him for criticism! To take potshots after a particular game is pathetic, and most of us who support Lui will roundly criticise when it's warranted, but on this occasion its not!

@Defiant said:
eheh, perhaps because their kids and not high paid professionals yet?

They are the future of the club so give them a break perhaps :slight_smile:

I will lough my head of if Lui leaves the club next year.

Lui is 22 and is only in his second full season
i think that classifies him as a kid
i think Marshall would be classified as a 'highly paid professional' and not a kid
what about his shot at goal from in front that could have been costly?

@GNR4LIFE said:

pfft

Didn't think the first penalty was a penalty against Groat . Why is it some teams seem to be allowed to finish off their tackles and others can't . Usually a big fan of Ashley Klein but was disappointed tonight in his performance

@bradexl said:
Why are you guys looking at his game to find his flaws? Get off his back and accept him for what he is…a good kid with amazing attacking ability and a good football brain for someone so young..
This thread is pathetic because of your agenda...

Well said i couldnt agree more he is going to be an excellent half and i would hate to see it happen at another club

@happy tiger said:
@GNR4LIFE said:

pfft

Didn't think the first penalty was a penalty against Groat . Why is it some teams seem to be allowed to finish off their tackles and others can't . Usually a big fan of Ashley Klein but was disappointed tonight in his performance

Yes I was not impressed with Klein either. As for Lui, I hope he succeeds as a player and reaches great heights but to get there he is going to have to improve his defence.

He doesn't have many errors in him.
He can control the ball when necessary, which is important with attacking flairs such as Marshall and Farah beside you.
There is something about him like Hodges, Ayshford and that other Bronco, which makes him break the tackle so frequently.

As for his defence, he should try aiming for their legs,
he always tries dominating them, which I know is a good thing, but someone as small as him,
he should go low.
He never seems to complete a tackle unless its tackling from the back and rounding the guy up.

Offensively he is a weapon and a good foil to benji imo defensively he needs work

Latest posts

Back