Lui Bash

Rambo2714

This thread is for all the people who want bash lui for his lack of defensive ability . ….... The floor is yours ......,
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

his defence was terrible tonight.first time ive ever watched 1 player for flaws and i was shocked at his attempted arm grabs

R.Lui = 5 missed tackles tonight. Highest for both teams.

Source: [www.nrl.com.au](http://www.nrl.com.au)

I am a fan of Lui - but that defence was again horrifying - something has to be done I think - I know you could say the same about Sandow's defence and a few other halfbacks but they make more of an effort. In attack he needs to do a lot more although when he does get involved it is great - try and another linebreak but he needs to do more when he gives away at least a try a week with hsi defence. Short term I think the anwser would be Moltzen to Half and Mckinnon or Brown into FB but long term he needs to spend the off season with props running at him

Nothing new. At least he played well in attack. Probably dont need a thread on this though….everyone knows its the case.

@stryker said:
Nothing new. At least he played well in attack. Probably dont need a thread on this though….everyone knows its the case.

Played well in attack ?? If he had not run on to that pass from Benji the most running he did was running on and off the field

He cant tackle at all. He is shit at reading plays as well. And arm grabbing and getting bumped off with hardly any force is embaressing for A so called NRL halfback. Wheres Miller. He has the potential to be the next big thing. He just needs games and to build confidence. Why persist with someone who hasnt played well since 2010\. And even that was only 6 or 7 games.
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

i felt it was more like 8-10 misses. nrl stats is being very nice to him. some of them he missed by so much that maybe they didnt even count as misses, like he didnt even get a hand on them.

i couldnt understand why he wasnt taken off with 3 or 4 to go and we just needed to tackle. i was terrified that he was going to miss a very costly one.

he was a passenger tonight. terrible in atta ck and defence. the only good thing he did was run hard for that try. we won with 12 on the field. but as we won, sheens wont be changing anything. im a sheens fan but lui has to be dropped if we are to give the comp a shake.

I'll try an be upbeat here, on the positive side - he's a great ball runner…... and that's all I've got really.

I like Rob, but obviously confidence is an issue with him, and he has many deficiencies in his game that need to be ironed out.. chief among them his tissue paper defense.

Why are you guys looking at his game to find his flaws? Get off his back and accept him for what he is…a good kid with amazing attacking ability and a good football brain for someone so young..
This thread is pathetic because of your agenda...

His attack was ok tonight…..but he still is a huge liability in defence.....not sure he has a future in the top grade

Jesus can someone change the channel
just had our best win and a couple yrs all you people want to do is to continue to bash the guy about something every man and his dog know about
YAWN

I think one of Lui's relatives was recording the missed tackles- double figures by my count
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

@Muffstar said:
@stryker said:

Played well in attack ?? If he had not run on to that pass from Benji the most running he did was running on and off the field

He made a couple of breaks and gave reasonable service to the outside backs. Its painfully obvious that he isnt a halfback but you cant tell Sheens that because he hates halfbacks for some reason.

@Rambo2714 said:
This thread is for all the people who want bash lui for his lack of defensive ability . ….... The floor is yours ......,
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

I counted three, including one that resulted in 30m line break that would have been a try had Moltz not put his body on the line

Give him a break. Pace, runs a great line, tries his arse off - sure he misses tackles, but remember he is an attacking 1/2 who has just turned 21 - he should have played the last two years in NYC - give him time and a defender - lockyer had Tonie Carroll for years, Soward has Scott, - at this point in time he is still a better option than Miller - or should we promote him before he is ready and have all the knockers hit him up as well whilst learner what it take sin the NRL?

It's bad when my 11yr old Daughter who's only got into watching football this year is calling him a turnstile

I think his issue is his lack of fitness. He seems to slow when ever he breaks the line and seems to always be huffing and puffing, something you dont really associate with halfbacks or any backs for that matter. Hence his defence is shocking and usually involves arm grabbing and no real effort

Shocker in the first half. Switched Ellis with Fulton for second half and made a huge difference.

His attack was fine but needs Ellis next to Him 247 now.
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Back