Lui

simonthetiger

IMO…..Sheens has got this wrong.

The bloke has Morris like araldite stuck to his hands.

He cant step,or kick,and isnt fast.

Sheens has to bite the bullet,this is a mistake,put Moltzen back to seven,I dont give a hoot who he plays at 1.

Honestly,I reckon if Moltzen plays at 7 we win that game.

Thoughts???

I wouldn't agree on your assessment of Lui as a player but I do agree with you on the situation.

Lui is a fluid player who has zero control over where he gets the ball currently. Farah had a bit of a clanger and the "going to do this myself" switch flicked on for Benji.

That said Sheens & Royce blowing their wad over Moltzen as a fullback after pummeling the hapless Sharks was wrong. He is a halfback. He scores halfbacks trys and needs to be there. Hanbury, Meaney or even Collis could cover the 1 jersey as needed

Moltzen HAS to be 7…..........Lui tries,but he doesnt have the spark of Moltz who is wasted at one.

Agree. Moltzens positional play at the back is also utter rubbish

I dont think it's Lui's fault. They didnt give him the ball for the first 10mins and the same thing happened last week against Cronulla. Either use him off the bench for the last 30mins, use him for the WHOLE 80 or dont use him at all.

IMO Moltzen and Benji have to be the halves next week.

why on earth we weakened a position to fill another one in is beyond me.
once gallant was out, we should have put collis or lawrence at fullback or even hanbury n left the halves untouched.

Ball playing lock in the making is Lui….ball playing's his strength, hes either not got the confidence or been coached not to play that way in firsts.

He just needs time, its his second game. He is as good as any player in the club at putting players away, just needs time with the NRL team.

Not 100% whether it should be in these last 2 crunch games however, but I'd still have him no 7 next year when he has more time to work with the rest of the squad.

@innsaneink said:
Ball playing lock in the making is Lui….ball playing's his strength, hes either not got the confidence or been coached not to play that way in firsts.

You know thats not a bad call.

IMO he doesnt have the "zing" of a top half,but he is solid and can tackle and pass.

Lock sounds right to me.

@innsaneink said:

he dosent have the defensive skills to play 13 ….and please dont tell me you can teach him ......

@tiger tigers said:
@innsaneink said:

he dosent have the defensive skills to play 13 ….and please dont tell me you can teach him ......

Gee….I must be under your skin, getting personal enough for TWO threads.

He's DEVELOPING, I dont need to teach him, the club has COACHES for that...he will LEARN.

@tiger tigers said:
@innsaneink said:

Nah, can't teach him

hows that getting personal… you have tickets on yourself ink....

i coach kids ... some can tackle from day one ... others take time ... nrl isnt the place you will learn ....

Aaaah, so YOU coach…what its all about eh?

And you reckon I have tickets.....BWAHAHAHA

btw...where did chris lawrence learn to tackle?

@innsaneink said:
btw…where did chris lawrence learn to tackle?

He found some notes in the sheds at Campbelltown written by Band Aids O'Halloran.

The rest is history

Aaaah, so YOU coach…what its all about eh?

On one hand you say he dont have what it takes

he dosent have the defensive skills

Then you say

some can tackle from day one ... <big>others take time</big>

So, which is it?
And you reckon I have tickets.....BWAHAHAHA

btw...where did chris lawrence learn to tackle?

Lui was never ready for the NRL this year and definatly defensivly.. let me assure you you as long as a player wants to learn the art of tackling it can be taught….case in point Lawrence this guy has applied himself and is now a good defender
What on the other hand you cant teach is what you are born with TALENT and this part of the puzzle R Lui has in spades.

I have read Tigers fans bagging Lui on 3 different forums now and find this wrong.

I think, considering his age and inexperience, he has been ok. Sure, no world beater yet but I can see enough in him to suggest we need to hang onto him.

He'll be great for us, given time.

I'm not havin' a shot at those saying he shouldn't have been playing yet, I'm kinda 50-50 on that, just those that are bagging his performance/effort.

Back