Lui

softlaw

As the game wore on he started to look more like a half more of the time.
Hopefully that game really gives him the confidence to kick on & push Benji out wider where he plays so much better.
& if we're really lucky he might even turn into an organiser which would be really handy.

Good game young fella. (apart from the bad read that contributed heavily to Rogers' try)

he needs to be more involved, he had some nice touches for the try the line break at the end and the grubber for a repeat set, other then those 3 things he didnt impose himself much in general play

He definetly has the skills in attack, but his defence is a liability.

Thought he did quite well tonight though.

ill say this - he is a STRONG bloke. the amount of times he stands in tackles and tackles much bigger opponents is amazing, even if he cant stop the offload, at least he doesn't get steamrolled. if he were a bit bigger - superstar. great vision and pass for the last try

Great game for Lui. Was better than Marshall imo. He takes the right option far more often than Benji. I think he generally reads the game better than Benji tbh.

Too often Benji goes for failure kicks or the wrong direction whereas Lui generally does the right things with the ball in hand. Finds the right man, goes for the right kick (not always though) and even goes to ground at the right times instead of forcing passes.

@Cysquatch said:
ill say this - he is a STRONG bloke. the amount of times he stands in tackles and tackles much bigger opponents is amazing, even if he cant stop the offload, at least he doesn't get steamrolled. if he were a bit bigger - superstar. great vision and pass for the last try

Can't argue with that

was easily his best game in top grade and has to stay at 7 for the rest of the year combination looking to get better and better with robbie and benji

he's getting there…
good game lui, loved the pass at the end of the game, it was PERFECT in every way
if he could offload while in tackles we could be lookin at the tigers very own Feleti Mateo !

may need a bit of work in defence stil though..

@softlaw said:
As the game wore on he started to look more like a half more of the time.
Hopefully that game really gives him the confidence to kick on & push Benji out wider where he plays so much better.
& if we're really lucky he might even turn into an organiser which would be really handy.

Good game young fella. (apart from the bad read that contributed heavily to Rogers' try)

He was an organiser in the Toyota Cup and will be in first grade. Just hard for a quiet young kid to come in and start ordering the likes of Benji and that around. He is our best option at half long term, not only will he organise, but also takes on the line giving us another dimension in attack, and he more often than not makes the right choice when kicking. He gained in confidence after half time and will only get better.

lui has a great second half,simply because sheens decided to show a bit of faith and let him play the numbers 7s game ….

I must admit that when he moved into half in the second half and pushed Benji out wider, the whole attack looked better.

We all know that Benji is not an organiser, so I just hope Sheens shows faith in Lui and lets him mature and play his natural game.

I wouldnt say he was great, in fact i dont think he was even good. But i will say this….......i do have faith in him, but what i dont have faith in is Sheens. If Sheens would actually allow him to play half and give the kid the confidence to take some control, we may juyst see a halfback that could do great things.

lol ok great was getting a little carried away lol….and i agree with your comments .. but we all know sheensie controls it all .....

@stryker said:
He definetly has the skills in attack, but his defence is a liability.

Thought he did quite well tonight though.

I thought his defence was pretty good tonight.
He only missed 1 tackle all night from what i saw and he made a good one-on-one tackle on a forward in the 1st half.

Great stuff from Lui tonight. He should take a lot out of the game. The more he gets the ball, the better he, and the team, will be.

Latest posts

Back