Lui

Sounds like he had a very good game. Radio commentators repeatedly praised his one on one defence. Looking forward to seeing how he went myself.

Great game, could be a real star in the future. Good backup support as well i saw from him which is very promising especially for someone fairly new into the NRL league.

Happy for him to stay 7 till Moltzen is back

That was his best game in firsts.

Some lovely balls…..but what really impressed me were the one on one trysavers he made in the first half.....one on Patterson that was pure arm strength and committment.

Im warming to him....

I dont want to be a party pooper, but if Lui had the exact same game and we lost would he be recieving such praise?

As a halfback in dour conditions i dont think his game was good at all. I think he showed glimpses of what he's capable of and with a decent coach he could be a sensation. But until Benji and Sheens actually let him play like a halfback, we wont see the best of him.

He's no Tim Moltzen…

But very much improved...

Needs to work on getting his kicks away...dont get as much time in FG as you do in 20's or State Cup....

You are a woeful judge of a player Sirro.

I reckon if you say someone is rubbish then they will come good….

Rhino???Ellis???

Rubbish???

@king sirro said:
I dont want to be a party pooper, but if Lui had the exact same game and we lost would he be recieving such praise?

Of course not. Do you Moltzen would have got the praise he has if we lost most of the games we did with him at 7? Of course not.

I havent seen the game yet so its hard for me to judge but it sounded like he showed some flashes of brilliance at times.

He went well. Needs to stamp his authority more but it was hard in this instance. Benji and Farah were working very hard and giving it their all, probably too much in the end. The more they play, the better the combination will be.

Sirro your way too tough.
Slotted in nicely for his first game back, few nice short balls, nice cutout to brown, good inside on a rampaging ellis run. What more can u ask for from the young chap? Take some time before he can get some control from benji and farah the controlmonsters. THen he will shine!

That was his third game in FG this season, and I thought he went alright. I would like to see him get more involved, but I'm sure this will evolve naturally as his match fitness and combo with Robbie and Benji improves. He threw some nice passes tonight but needs to work on getting quick kicks away. For a 20 year old, he's got plenty of talent and will only get better IMO.

@simonthetiger said:
You are a woeful judge of a player Sirro.

I reckon if you say someone is rubbish then they will come good….

Rhino???Ellis???

Rubbish???

I'd like it if just once you read a post of mine and TRIED to take it in the context its meant. Talk about a child who holds a grudge. Your like a sad little stalker. If u dont like someone who calls it how it is then dont read my posts. There not meant for someone like u anyway.

Lui is good and played well. But some in this thread are saying he played great. Sorry, but as a halfback in dour conditions he didnt play great. He showed some very good signs just like he did last week. Im a fan of his, had him for first tryscorer last week and had him for last tryscorer this week.

And mate wake up, i didnt bag Ellis, just said he could give us more because he's so good, and tonight he did.

On Heighno, i stand behind my crititism of him the past 12 months 100%. And i also stand by my praise for him the past 6 weeks.

he showed a lot of promise to night, he tends to use he gap runners better than benji does! i wish sometimes he was on the the left side of attack so lawerence or lote coyld be used better in attack! also i really liked his short kicking game tonight , to get repeat sets or build pressure is some thing the tigers really needed ! his defense is something that will ge better with age. there are a lot of number 7's who have struggle with there defence early in the career ie thurston and Prince!

Some good signs there, hopefully the combo with himself and Benji not only keeps improving, but is allowed to improve

I thought Lui went well.I'd like to see him take on the line more,as he can dummy and step and set up around him,best game so far.I hope coach Sheens keeps him in 1st grade.Its hard as a halfback to control the game when there are two playmakers,Benji and Robbie,running the game.Keep going Rogert Lui.

:sign: :righton: :supporter:

He created more at halfback last night than Moltzen did in all his games at halfback this year. Pretty good effort for a 20 year old with a handful of first grade games.

@king sirro said:

As a halfback in dour conditions i dont think his game was good at all. I think he showed glimpses of what he's capable of and with a decent coach he could be a sensation. But until Benji and Sheens actually let him play like a halfback, we wont see the best of him.

What are you talking about?
He took the line on,fed the ball to Marshall out wide & was very solid in defense.
He played a very good halfbacks role
What are you expecting him to do?
He needs work on his kicking game but besides that he did his job

I am a fan of Robert Lui, in my many years of watching the tigers he is the best young half prospect I have seen. Still think his best position in 5/8th.

Last night conditions didn't suit but he got better and better as the game went on.

In my opinion if he is dedicated he will go on to be a top player. I think he is the best 20 year old half in the game.

@ron burgandy said:
he needs to be more involved, he had some nice touches for the try the line break at the end and the grubber for a repeat set, other then those 3 things he didnt impose himself much in general play

In response to your signature, why is Steven Humphreys a "disease". Noyce was the disease and Longmuir was just incompetent.

Back