Luke Brooks #167

you forgot Paws too
FYI notice you didn't ask if you wanted to keep Doueihi
AD has a contract for 2023 and 2024.

He's young in his career and has shown some acceptable levels of talent here & there, hopefully he can get past his challenges and become a reliable first grader.

Brooks though, too far gone and if the club is stupid enough to give him a deal, it will be the nail in the coffin for this club - both as a competitive standpoint as well as a supporter standpoint, pushing many further out the door. Fantastic.

I want Brooks to stay, just as I want Doueihi and all our other juniors that are first grade level to be at our club. Being consistent on Brooks and others that I believe deserve a spot, just as I have been on his playing style and what he brings to a team.

On last week's form, well, that certainly was not at the required level, and cannot continue.

Go back to his time alongside Anasta. Luke did almost all of the kicking (apart from Richard's bombs), first receiver work, running etcetera, and was very good in the role. Simply because Anasta did the directing and most of the talking. Injecting himself only occasionally, and basically the same when Moses then came into the halves. Cleary also understood this.

It has always been his suited role, and hopefully still can be if left to play it. Tactics such as bringing in a new half last week, then having the one that you moved from there to fullback taking the first end of set kick, isn't conducive to any of the spine players knowing whether the role they are playing is as Arthur or Martha.

AD has a contract for 2023 and 2024.

He's young in his career and has shown some acceptable levels of talent here & there, hopefully he can get past his challenges and become a reliable first grader.

Brooks though, too far gone and if the club is stupid enough to give him a deal, it will be the nail in the coffin for this club - both as a competitive standpoint as well as a supporter standpoint, pushing many further out the door. Fantastic.
mate AD probably shot too as a 6 tbh, fullback maybe ?
As for Brooks seriously think all he gets is a 2024 contract. This then clears the decks for brooks and AD to leave in 2025 benji takes over and tigers get George Williams

mate AD probably shot too as a 6 tbh, fullback maybe ?
As for Brooks seriously think all he gets is a 2024 contract. This then clears the decks for brooks and AD to leave in 2025 benji takes over and tigers get George Williams
AD will never be a fullback
And Brooks will likely never win a game again.

Let that sink in.

Brooks will win another game. Just wont be in the NRL.

He'll carve up the group 6 as Captain / coach of the Warragamba Wombats.

Dempsy call me delusional I genuinely think if they gave up on trying to make him a 7 & paired him with a decent halfback we'd do ok.

Surely It's obvious to all and sundry what they're trying to do?
They've been linked to every 7 going round.
Moses, Pearce Williams - Whoever....

Brooks is still the best half at the club, That's obviously not great atm... But that's what it is.

He's only at 7 at the moment because there are no better options at the club.
He's not re-signed, And unless they get a 7 - He may well not be....

When do they look in the mirror?

Why are we constantly getting rejected?

What is the reason there’s no confidence in the organisation?

We get the same NRL grant as 16 other clubs yet the players who are the very best and can change clubs (Munsters, Burtons, Cleary’s, Mitchell’s) don’t believe in our organisation. Now halves in England can be added to that list.

Why??? Tip: it’s not coaches.
1a73d01d37621331e1b21b6ac3227ceec1fb9720

#FreeLukeBrooks

I still think he is a good player, and want to see him fulfill his potential, just not for us. It's not working and it hasn't worked apart from two good years in 2018 and 2019. A change of scenery is best for both parties.
If you re watch his debut - he plays as he does now, just with much more enthusiasm, intent and interest in the game.

Surrounded by his friends Curtis, Teddy and others.

Just like the rest of us, within our professional lives or life in general - things become stale. Going through the motions, etc. Things do not excite us any more and things we use to enjoy just feel like a chore.

How many times have we heard players mention they aren't in love with the game any more or they have to take a break and return or join a new club to fall in love with the game again ?

There is no positives for Brooks or the club to continue this forced romance - things have ran their course and without further fracturing their family (which is the club) it is time for this partnership to call it a day.

Key quotes;

"He'll be the one who gets moved because for whatever reason they love Brooksy"

"(Brooks) is well over due for a stint in reggies"

I don't know who these dudes are but this is an the common opinion against not just West's Tigers fans but the greater rugby league community as a whole.

Back