Luke Brooks #167

I was at that game at the SCG and he also had one Benji Marshall in the centres. We also had a brief successful period where Teddy was scoring tries at will. Halves need strike weapons to take some pressure off them.
Our strike weapons are our 9 and Bateman...

It's not good enough.
I've been harping on for years now how we need to recruit genuine centres.

Tupou is a threat but they often go to the other side... Tupou, to me looks like he could he an Izzy Folau like player. We should he kicking to him and letting him use his leap and physicality to compete for the ball and attempt for a try.

Naden has been good but that's 1 or 2 out of 5... as they've only opted to play Tupou in the last round...

I've got my thoughts on how to improve this but to keep it simple:

1 Kaeo Weekes ... Will Kennedy... Welsby
2 Jnr Tupou
3 Kayal Iro
4 Brent Naden
5 Staines

I'm hoping Feledy kicks on because from what I've seen of him, he strikes me as a Matt Cooper like centre

If you re watch his debut - he plays as he does now, just with much more enthusiasm, intent and interest in the game.

Surrounded by his friends Curtis, Teddy and others.

Just like the rest of us, within our professional lives or life in general - things become stale. Going through the motions, etc. Things do not excite us any more and things we use to enjoy just feel like a chore.

How many times have we heard players mention they aren't in love with the game any more or they have to take a break and return or join a new club to fall in love with the game again ?

There is no positives for Brooks or the club to continue this forced romance - things have ran their course and without further fracturing their family (which is the club) it is time for this partnership to call it a day.
Probably good for his mental health aswell

Luke's new performance technique, dealing with expectations:

Clears throat.
"mm bum ba dey
um ba ba dey
um bu bu ba dey
Pressure, pushing down on me ..........."

Bump, we should make Pascoe a mod. He has done an excellent job of shutting down the Brooks thread for almost a week. Wait, did I just use the word "excellent" in the same sentence as "Pascoe"? Punt them both.

I can’t take anymore of Brooks, we can’t win a game with him, he’s so incompetent! The dumb look on his face with those ‘no look’ passes is infuriating!!!

Stepped up big time 2nd half. Let's hope that builds his confidence and he can play 80 like that.

He let us down in the first half, but you could see he was playing within himself and lacked confidence. Second half he let his head go and just played. Need to find that mindset next week Luke.

Stepped up big time 2nd half. Let's hope that builds his confidence and he can play 80 like that.

He let us down in the first half, but you could see he was playing within himself and lacked confidence. Second half he let his head go and just played. Need to find that mindset next week Luke.
He can sleep in bed next week instead of in the field - we have the BYE

🤔 huh? Wtf? Omg 😳 10 years,,, he ain’t got it in him, we cannot win with him dragging the side down to his level

🤔 huh? Wtf? Omg 😳 10 years,,, he ain’t got it in him, we cannot win with him dragging the side down to his level

So, the point is, next game, round 8 mate. I'm not talking about locking him in our halves for the next few years, I'm talking about the best chance to win round 8.

You say we can't win with him, so answer me this, who in reserve grade looked a better option? Wakeham was terrible, Smith was terrible and isn't even eligible. Laurie will probably replace Doueihi. So please answer me who this weekend showed they can get us closer to a win than Brooks.

Like it or not, he is without doubt our best option. And if he can play like he did the 2nd 40 minutes then we will give Manly a shake.

Best game he's played for us in years. First half too much first receiver - he can't organise. Second half with Bateman moving to first receiver and Koroisau running sideways from dummy half giving Brooks the ball at second receiver made a huge difference. He needs to be running with the ball. He won't ever create anything from a standing start like other halves can but when he's on the move and there's runners outside he can at least do something.

Just watched the highlights - missed the game- and have to say Brooks in those minutes played pretty good. Credit where credit is due and let's face it the coach is always going to pick him.
Great kicking game from Moses and great chase from Parra'a outside men the only difference.

Back