Luke Brooks #167

Doesn't have 4 current Origin Starters and a Farnworth / Staggs centre combination though now does it?

Every side in the 8 has a better side on paper than we do, And there's at least 2 sides not in the 8 that are stronger than us on paper...

I'm sure it's easy for you blokes just to say "We should be in the 8"
- But I swear you don't watch football - Or any other football...

Our side has improved... But anyone who thinks we're not a bottom 4-6 side on paper isn't looking at the other squads....
The fact that we could have won a few more games than we have is a more of a positive on the side we're building than a negative on the side we have.
You might be sick of excuses....
Without a side that is better, Or at least on par with more than half of the other sides in the comp,
(Which we simply don't have)
What else could you expect?
You would have to be extremely delusional, to the point of insanity, to argue against the fact that we have had little trouble getting into attacking quarter of the park with high consistency, yet failed to convert the field position to points.

Our, by your definition lesser roster, has more often than not, dominated other (again more highly touted in your eyes) rosters as far as field position, yet lacked the direction and craftsmanship to matriculate it into points. I suppose in essence I agree with you, their rosters are better, but not across the park, but only 2 positions. Stud halves...

You would have to be extremely delusional, to the point of insanity, to argue against the fact that we have had little trouble getting into attacking quarter of the park with high consistency, yet failed to convert the field position to points.

Our, by your definition lesser roster, has more often than not, dominated other (again more highly touted in your eyes) rosters as far as field position, yet lacked the direction and craftsmanship to matriculate it into points. I suppose in essence I agree with you, their rosters are better, but not across the park, but only 2 positions. Stud halves...

I'm not.... And it's not just my eyes... Most top 8 teams have more than 2 Origin Players...
We don't.

You'd also be delusional (Or just stupid beyond measure) to blame 100% of the lack of points converted solely on the halves...
I've seen Bateman bomb tries that probably win us games - I've seen upteen outside backs make stupid errors and cost us possession...
To the point - I'd almost argue that our halves own around 25% of our failings in the red zone...
Even then I'm being generous.

Losing Brooks would take us 3-4 years just to get back to being the Wests Tigers of 2017.
NUTS!!

I agree (with some provisos) but we cannot be held to ransom anymore. We need to realize that retention is really important. Brooks could come back and ask for a small increase or something. If he wants to get maximum dollars let him go.

The provisos about Brooks leaving are we are currently dead last so it's hard to go backwards, Brooks has had calf and hamstring injuries which could mean he isn't so robust anymore and sometimes you get lucky with development players.

I want to keep him but we need to build a better squad not retain Brooks at all costs.

Stud halves...

Sorry but this is a silly argument. It's sort of correct but getting stud halves is extremely difficult and Brooks would be fine as a secondary play maker. He'd be one of the best in the comp.

The issue isn't just the halves. The issue is the lack of stud players. We don't have a single game breaker now. Some teams have multiple game breakers.

I agree (with some provisos) but we cannot be held to ransom anymore. We need to realize that retention is really important. Brooks could come back and ask for a small increase or something. If he wants to get maximum dollars let him go.

The provisos about Brooks leaving are we are currently dead last so it's hard to go backwards, Brooks has had calf and hamstring injuries which could mean he isn't so robust anymore and sometimes you get lucky with development players.

I want to keep him but we need to build a better squad not retain Brooks at all costs.
It's this short sightedness that plagues us....
Being dead last isn't as far back as we can go.

Starting next year without any recognised halves and not winning games - Will stunt the development of the young blokes, Waste the last legs of blokes like Klem and Api - Make none of the next crop want to stick around.... Coming last with some upside coming through, Is very different to coming last with nothing to look forward to.

Also, Listen to any of the big 3 that left - You'll hear them all say that the clubs treatment of Farah was one of the reasons they moved on....
Now, I don't believe that to be true...
But if it's noticed, It's spoken about - And not just within the players at our club.

what is held to ransom though ?
Brooks for 700k or Lachlan Lam for 600k ? Brooks any day of the week

if I was Brooks I would look at Penrith as a 9 off the bench as the best option and a good half backup for origin at the right price it would be an astute buy for panthers

meanwhile we are getting Adam clune at 7 lol
I've stated before we don't know what a different set of halves will do behind the forward pack we have .as for Luke I wish him the best in Nq. Don't think they will win the come tho .there outside backs are pretty average

Reactions: 851
I've stated before we don't know what a different set of halves will do behind the forward pack we have .as for Luke I wish him the best in Nq. Don't think they will win the come tho .there outside backs are pretty average

When we've got 2 starting Origin OB's in the team - I'd like to see you call them 'average'

Back