Luke Brooks #167

Very interesting and very different approach from both teams considering they're both travelling to the US
Rabbits are more settled, only 2 recruits so far for this season and one is a blues legend. Otoh, Manly have a new coach and 7 new players. Their prize recruit being a pivot. So, Im thinking Seibolt (that’s his number plate on the land cruiser) is keen to see how he can bring it all together?

I just don’t see what purpose there is even keeping this thread open. Brooks is the most divisive individual/topic in the history of our club. And think about what ground that covers. Wests v Balmain, Ctown v Leichhardt, Robbie Farah, Jason Taylor, Ivan Cleary, Pascoe/Lee, Noffa, Sheens, Anasta etc etc. Brooks stands tall above all of them. I feel like the forum was at its worst due to him. So much anger and hate spewed, caused so many flame wars, that lead to deleted posts and bans. Since he’s been gone, things have mellowed so much and things are somewhat normal again. Seems counterproductive to let this topic continue when he’s not even at the club anymore. It shouldn’t matter, and any topic/player should be open slather. But the topic of Luke Brooks is way beyond toxic. It’s cancerous. Keeping a topic open with the sole purpose of shitting on a him, will only cause more problems than it solves.

I just don’t see what purpose there is even keeping this thread open. Brooks is the most divisive individual/topic in the history of our club. And think about what ground that covers. Wests v Balmain, Ctown v Leichhardt, Robbie Farah, Jason Taylor, Ivan Cleary, Pascoe/Lee, Noffa, Sheens, Anasta etc etc. Brooks stands tall above all of them. I feel like the forum was at its worst due to him. So much anger and hate spewed, caused so many flame wars, that lead to deleted posts and bans. Since he’s been gone, things have mellowed so much and things are somewhat normal again. Seems counterproductive to let this topic continue when he’s not even at the club anymore. It shouldn’t matter, and any topic/player should be open slather. But the topic of Luke Brooks is way beyond toxic. It’s cancerous. Keeping a topic open with the sole purpose of shitting on a him, will only cause more problems than it solves.
Your post is why we should keep this thread open mate. Your argument began with the main WT cultural problem and the reason our club is unsuccesful, finishing with a Luke Brooks assasination.
Luke Brooks is not the reason we haven’t been able to get it together.

Many have wondered over the years how he'd go in a different environment.. Different team mates, systems, organisation coach etc

He's also a big part of our history... That is discussed daily here.

Just two reasons. The purpose of this thread

Time will take its natural course

A history im happy to forget but if we have a weekly check in thread on how Luke is going only adds to the theater of the forum.

C'mon mate? Manly were down 0/6 when Brooks took control of the game to score, then set up 3 tries, showing his class. Brooksy was often our best on park and won more Kelly Barnes awards than anyone. Not to mention the Dally M Half.
I still cant believe the club lowballed him and pushed him out with a BBQ when the Coach wanted him?
Thank God we did.

Agree!!! Time to shut down the Luke Brooks thread.

Many have wondered over the years how he'd go in a different environment.. Different team mates, systems, organisation coach etc

He's also a big part of our history... That is discussed daily here.

Just two reasons. The purpose of this thread

Time will take its natural course
good summation Ink. I think also a lot of the frustration comes from Brooks being such a skilful player and our club not being able to consistently get the best from him.
Theres always a tragic story behind those who fall short of reaching their full potential and this is one of them.
The club turned Brooks into a forest gump.

What’s the purpose of commenting on a post without purpose?

• Haha
Reactions: BZN
Agree!!! Time to shut down the Luke Brooks thread.
Well this thread was reopened because some of us were discussing the first pre season trial between Manly and Souths. There was a bit of Luke Brooks brought into it, actually Luke Brooks was the topic that the original poster mentioned but this has evolved far beyond a Brooks bash thread.
Are we going to putting all our conversations about other teams under former player banners as they arise?
How about a pre season challenge general thread and these topics regarding Brooks’ potential outcomes and others for that matter go there.

You can keep the specific comments about Brooks as a player or person in this thread but I’m more interested in discussing what’s coming up not what’s been and done.

Back