Luke Brooks #167

He had Teddy and Moses and still played like shit.
Yep.
Though his shit was less smelly when Teddy was around. Everything smelled better then.

Brooks does one good thing in 80 mins, makes one good tackle and then people somehow overlook the weak defense, hospital passes and shit kicks. Pundits going gaga.
Get used to it Manly fans. It’s rough. No one else will know your pain.
But we will.
Sorry not sorry.

Yep.
Though his shit was less smelly when Teddy was around. Everything smelled better then.

Brooks does one good thing in 80 mins, makes one good tackle and then people somehow overlook the weak defense, hospital passes and shit kicks. Pundits going gaga.
But we will.
Sorry not sorry.
Get used to what, winning? Have a feeling they will be doing a lot of that this year. As for us…No Brooks, so sky’s the limit right?

Go Brooksy!

I think he has a very limited set of skills to be honest. He can surprise you in clutch moments but I don't think you can rely on him to give you a 7/10 or above for 24 rounds.

I think Seiboldt will be able to play Brooks to his strengths.
You cant blame only the coaches for ruining brooks career
All he had to do was say i dont want to play halfback im a fiveeighth.

Yep.

But we will.
Sorry not sorry.
The same old bland tiresome crowd on here fluffing Brooksy as they did when he was here playing like shit. Once a terrible judge of footy/footy player, always a terrible judge. Just a pity they actually don't care about the Tigers winning games, seems odd being a Tigers forum. Pascoe, Lee and Brooks breeding a decade of losing mentality into the team and 'fans' has certainly taken its toll on some.

Yep.

But we will.
Sorry not sorry.
We had much much better players in the backline back then like Tim Simona.

Why does him not being up to it make him a dumb person? The first time in my life I have ever seen a players lack of ability in a certain aspect of the game blamed on them being a dumb person. There is no shock value anymore in regards to what his critics will say about him. Something I have very rarely seen in the entire time I have watched the game.
Never seen him interviewed in all these years?
If you think he doesn’t come across as dumb I think you may have a problem in perception.

You cant blame only the coaches for ruining brooks career
All he had to do was say i dont want to play halfback im a fiveeighth.

Absolutely. Didn't mind putting his hand up, playing
make beleive & collecting his cash the silly little man.
10 years of mediocrity with him at the forefront lol

He played well, but his impact been massively overstated. DCE was the reason they won. Brooks played his part.

For whatever reason everything he does is massively overstated or understated.

The worry is Galvin is already getting similar wraps and similar pressure will come.
I'm, sure that's fine with him... He's said as much as has his coach.. The manly powerbrokers, coaching staff the fans... I'm sure they're all cool with it... 2 points yes thanks that's what it's all about

Shouldn't it be those that have lauded him and put him high on a pedestal cop it should he not live up to the hype?
100%!!

It is this mentality:

Reality is - he was evidently never going to be the Messiah who could single-handedly change the fortunes of the club!!

*** NEWSFLASH - neither would Moses or Tedesco if the shoe had been on the other foot and one of them stayed while Brooks and the others moved on - and they had to play with the same Tigers squads Luke did over that time!

The original Joey Johns comparison from when he was a junior was utterly idiotic and based on body shape - not any other strength of their games so whoever bought into that needs to take a hard look at themselves!

For instance Brooks was always very quick - which was never Joey's strength!

But Joey was better at pretty much everything else...

He is also not a "naughty boy" or fraud that some people choose to depict him as @Kaito

He is a quality first grader who was loyal to his local junior club (that he & his family supported) - while also being naive enough to believe he could have some on-field success with us despite going through EIGHT head coaches (including interims Webster and Kimmorley) under an evidently dysfunctional administration!

He was paid his market value - and each one of the 8 coaches picked him every week when fit!

8 coaches since his debut in 2012 - and who knows how many seriously sub-standard spine combinations in that 12 year period is proof of a dysfunctional club - NOT a shit player!

I hope he continues to have a losing NRL record at Manly - because it's at Manly but I have respect for him as a player and former-Tiger!

Back