Luke Brooks #167

Everything you mention may be true.
No one said Brooks tanking was the only reason we got spanked.
Doesnā€™t change the fact that he was tanking it big time.
Call it ā€˜throwing in the towelā€™ if it makes it feel better.
any moments you want to point to that make you believe it was 'tanking big time'? or even just 'throwing in the towel'?
There was a poor miss on Meaney but could hardly be considered tanking. It was only early in the match and shortly after Brooks himself was within an inch of scoring. Additionally as poor as his attempted tackle was, where was the help from the centre who is supposed to defend the inside shoulder or the fullback in cover. Both just stood by watching.
Watch how often Brooks was leading the cover defence when the team conceded breaks or turned over possession. Count how many times he tackled Jackson front on one on one. These arent the actions of a bloke who is tanking.

Regardless of whatever anyone else thinks of Brooks, I think there was only one game that I saw Luke Brooks play where I thought he may have tanked, (but then I think most of his team mates did as well) and it was that round 25 game against the Dogs on 2021.

One of the games that I thought he showed a never say die attitude was in the same year against my most hated Souffs in round 6 when we went down 18-14 in extra time.

Tom Burgess plants the ball over the line in extra time to win the game for Souffs, but the grounding is questionable.

Luke Brooks picks the ball up off the ground and runs 100 metres to plant the ball under the posts with no one else in the frame except for the touch judge and Gerard Sutton.

Now I can't stand Gerard Sutton, but to his credit he runs the length and points to the spot and anyone even remotely associated with the Tigers share the elation until the bunker rules that the Burgess grounding is good.

Good on Brooksy, everyone else is standing around thinking the game is over but Brooksy displays a never say die attitude and seizes the opportunity, unfortunately in typical Wests Tigers fashion we get dudded.

Garbage....
Most good clubs are spending around the 2 mill mark on Halves...
Are they? Maybe Parra is at $2M+. Possibly Melbourne.
But the rest? Penrith around $1.8M. Brisbane around $1.6M. Sharks around $1.6M, Roosters around $1.5M. Rabbits around $1.5M, Wahs around $1.4M, Newcastle around $1.1M, Canberra around $1.1M.
Apart from Parra and Melbourne, Iā€™m not sure that any of the ā€œgood clubsā€ are spending $2M on their halves.

I was one that bagged Brooks many times and also praised him as well..
I will honestly say that he NEVER tanked at the club he was a junior at,he just didnt have the smarts to be a great playmaker but the coaches basically forced him to play 7 when he really was a running 6 without the pressure...

Are they? Maybe Parra is at $2M+. Possibly Melbourne.
But the rest? Penrith around $1.8M. Brisbane around $1.6M. Sharks around $1.6M, Roosters around $1.5M. Rabbits around $1.5M, Wahs around $1.4M, Newcastle around $1.1M, Canberra around $1.1M.
Apart from Parra and Melbourne, Iā€™m not sure that any of the ā€œgood clubsā€ are spending $2M on their halves.
lol how close to 2mil is considered ā€œaroundā€ ? For me 1.8m is definitely in the category of ā€œaroundā€ .
And the rabbits are 1.5? Yet theyā€™re paying thier centre who isnā€™t a half and definitely wonā€™t play in the halves , but will play in the halves 1 mil .

Back