Luke Brooks #167

Haha. I've definately questioned his decision making
& communication, but never have I questioned his
footballing qualities or heart, he's never ever tanked it
Brooksy gave all he had with his limited skills. It was just was never enough to get the job done. Nobody though should say he tanked it. We aren't talking about Beau "Pea Heart" Ryan here.

Brooksy gave all he had with his limited skills. It was just was never enough to get the job done. Nobody though should say he tanked it. We aren't talking about Beau "Pea Heart" Ryan here.

100% Winny. Can question his capacity to get a job
done all day but never his output or heart, he put in!

100% Winny. Can question his capacity to get a job
done all day but never his output or heart, he put in!
I distinctly remember him tanking and stinking it up big time in one particular game.
End of Madges stint i think.
Don't think he tried his best in a few games last year either to be honest.

I distinctly remember him tanking and stinking it up big time in one particular game.
Don't think he tried his best in a few games last year either to be honest.

Think he was done with us (as we were with him) CK.
11 years at the 1 club is a feat in itself to be fair lol

This one I reckon, he put in a real 'captain's effort' and led by example - the whole team looked like they were tanking by the end of it:

Last edited:
This one I reckon, he put in a real 'captain's effort' and led by example - the whole team looked like they were tanking by the end of it:

Cini was dropping balls and running team mates into touch. Madden was equally awful. The front row rotation, Joe O aside had about 50 games experience between them. Both backrowers got binned. 2 other players were injured in the first half. But sure that result was all because Brooks was tanking.

As awfully written as this is, it still deserves comment
There is no longer a competition between the WTF and Brooks. He lost as did we all.
Today marks a new era for him and in 2 weeks it’ll be a new era for us. He played pretty well today and looks to be settling in nicely with the Manly backline that has lots of points in them.
It remains to be seen whether we’ll be better off without him. I’d suggest we will be.
Congratulations to Brooks in his first Manly game------------and for convincing around 4 Tiger coaches he can run the show from halfback.
Raspberries for the coaches in believing him and persisting in him for 8 years.

Cini was dropping balls and running team mates into touch. Madden was equally awful. The front row rotation, Joe O aside had about 50 games experience between them. Both backrowers got binned. 2 other players were injured in the first half. But sure that result was all because Brooks was tanking.
Glad you agree. The first 20 minutes was putrid and they just got worse from there.

The second half sin binnings were the only highlights.

100%

Cini - another pretend first grader...

But Brooks was to blame!

Everything you mention may be true.
No one said Brooks tanking was the only reason we got spanked.
Doesn’t change the fact that he was tanking it big time.
Call it ‘throwing in the towel’ if it makes it feel better.

And there ladies and gentleman is the new world record for conclusion jumping.
You've shown you're a person of integrity coivtny in your reply to batboy.
I suggest he [batboy] looks up the definition of integrity.

“the job” was impossible under previous hierarchy.

Back