Luke Brooks #167

I think Brooks will get a more simple game plan given to him , it will be fast , head up footy , and I think he will be told to just keep bringing players of his hip at pace going forward , and Bark at the props to go hard , he will,be good under Sheens
He will benefit from playing with a good edge forward whether it’s Papali’i or Bateman. In both attack and defense class forwards will take a lot of weight off his shoulders. Also Stefano can run a line/hole. I think you’ll see the return of brooks as an actual playmaker.

Carrying a bad football team would be draining.

He's not in the class of any of those players. Over paying Moses is the same mistake as over paying Brooks.
100% mate. That’s spot on. We need build a forward pack that’s competitive with the likes of Penrith and North Qld. Then you take your coaches in Benji and Robbie and go out and grab some really class young spine players and educate them. Cleary and Walker style.

He will benefit from playing with a good edge forward whether it’s Papali’i or Bateman. In both attack and defense class forwards will take a lot of weight off his shoulders. Also Stefano can run a line/hole. I think you’ll see the return of brooks as an actual playmaker.

Carrying a bad football team would be draining.
when has he carried the team?

When he takes on the line 8-10 times a game and Garner has 3 runs, the cat. 😸
Come on, when the going gets tough, Luke goes missing. Its a trick he learned from Moses.
Garner did far more than Brooks did.

Do people honestly believe that Brooks would extend for less money if the club is offering Moses 1.4? That's not how managers work on behalf of their players.
You’re worth what the market is willing to pay for you. If brooks went on the open market how many clubs would pay more then $750k for him ??

So thought Id give youse an update here with some hard numbers.
As you can see, I told you a month ago he was asking for 1.4 mil a year, proving I wasnt lying, and now the tigers have indeed offered him 1.4mil a year over 5 years. 7 mil deal, last year might be an option so in reality its 4 if thats so.
This puts us in pole position.

He is still looking to see what Dogs and Eels come back with, and this is what Ive been told:
Dogs have offered a 4 year +option. 1.1, 1.1, 1.2, 1.2 +1.2 mutual option.

Eels have offered 1.1 over 4 years with some incentives.

Im told hes trying to up the figure on the dogs deal an extra 100k on top per year and if he gets it, he signs with them, but if not, he will announce he signs with us.

Not sure if eels will budge or not.

He wants to win a premiership so is favouring dogs but their offer is lower.
Based on your info or source do you think we get him. We need to break the bank and pay overs for that one superstar. We tried with latrell, tried with Munster, hopefully 3rd time lucky.

You’re worth what the market is willing to pay for you. If brooks went on the open market how many clubs would pay more then $750k for him ??
There are a shortage of halves in the game which means many clubs are paying overs for that position. I’d be surprised if many halves in first grade were on less than that. Don’t forget the Titans bloke who was on a million and lost the plot.

Im not sure you actually watch the footy that closely mate
Dont get personal.
Luke has had his turn and he comes up empty year after year.
Every year he is protected by a narrative of excuses, even though others can get the job done when they fill in on the odd occasion that he isnt there.
He should go well next year with a good pack of forwards, but I doubt it as he just doesnt have whats required to consistently perform.

Dont get personal.
Luke has had his turn and he comes up empty year after year.
Every year he is protected by a narrative of excuses, even though others can get the job done when they fill in on the odd occasion that he isnt there.
He should go well next year with a good pack of forwards, but I doubt it as he just doesnt have whats required to consistently perform.
Agree to disagree. You’re confusing the word excuses with the word reasons.

Correct. It’s a tough place to play when your team isn’t great and you’re considered the general. Hats off that Brooks gets on with it despite a mountain of criticism every year.
He doesnt get on with it.
Some games he makes 10-15 meters running and others he misses heaps of tackles.
He never leads the team and his kicking is poor.
This year, we had Hastings doing all the general stuff as well as playing lock. Brooks should have given him a kickback.

He doesnt get on with it.
Some games he makes 10-15 meters running and others he misses heaps of tackles.
He never leads the team and his kicking is poor.
This year, we had Hastings doing all the general stuff as well as playing lock. Brooks should have given him a kickback.
4-20 with Hastings ‘doing all the general stuff’ as you call it. That worked well. Maybe it’s not the halfback.

4-20 with Hastings ‘doing all the general stuff’ as you call it. That worked well. Maybe it’s not the halfback.
Well if he wasnt carrying the team so much, playing two positions, he may have achieved more success.
Also, Hastings only played 16 games FYI. Dont let that get in the road of your fantasy though...lol

Back