Luke Brooks #167

What the 2018 halfback highlighted to me was the fact that the awards are not voted on by what i consider well qualified people.I don't dislike Brooks but no way in the world was he best half back that year.The dally M's are voted on by News Limited stooges who would be far better off sticking to their normal occupation which is writing very poor fantasy novels
I honestly think the awards should only go to players who’s team are in the 8. While some players stand out in teams who are not in finals contention, there is gonna be someone better at least 99% of the time who’s playing for a premiership.

My response wasn’t about roster improvements which Madge was somewhat hamstrung. That I can somewhat agree with even though there there were several questionable signings under his watch ie Bj Peachy etc. The point I was making was his style of coaching and improvements to our players was non existent. Good coaches improve players irrespective of who they are coaching. Madge was not one of those as no one improved under his guidance. His time was up.
That also comes down to your players setting the standards on the field. No leadership on the field results, in no direction, no responsibility, no success and a whole lot of finger pointing. Until that mentality changes at this club any coach will be up against it.
Api K will hopefully be the one to lead the way with the knowledge of what lengths it takes to succeed, and hope Klemmer is there in the forefront with a few rockets for any loafers.

With all due respect JT, that was 5
years ago. It's now or never for him,
I'm backing him this year let's see...
That was a fluke him winning that award. Fact that he hasn’t won it since shows that. Most players can win the awards more than once. I highly doubt he’ll win the award under Sheens as well, but I’ll just settle for him finally doing good and leading the team.

That was a fluke him winning that award. Fact that he hasn’t won it since shows that. Most players can win the awards more than once. I highly doubt he’ll win the award under Sheens as well, but I’ll just settle for him finally doing good and leading the team.
He won it under Cleary which is significant.

He won it under Cleary which is significant.
No it isn’t. Cleary can coach I’ll give him that, but doesn’t matter who is your head coach. Michael Ennis won hooker of the year under Kevin Moore who didn’t even get the Dogs to a grand final. It’s irrelevant who the coach is. But Brooks winning the award will always be seen as a fluke.

No it isn’t. Cleary can coach I’ll give him that, but doesn’t matter who is your head coach. Michael Ennis won hooker of the year under Kevin Moore who didn’t even get the Dogs to a grand final. It’s irrelevant who the coach is. But Brooks winning the award will always be seen as a fluke.
I recall Cleary commenting that he played Brooks to his strength, which is his running game. Brooks' partner in the halves at the time, Benji Marshall, commented that Brooks was back to his running best and also getting repeat sets with his confidence. Interesting Marshall is back and wants him post 23.

I recall Cleary commenting that he played Brooks to his strength, which is his running game. Brooks' partner in the halves at the time, Benji Marshall, commented that Brooks was back to his running best and also getting repeat sets with his confidence. Interesting Marshall is back and wants him post 23.
Publically has said it, it doesn’t mean he’s telling the truth. Not everything that gets told to the media is going to be true. If Brooks doesn’t kick on there’s no justifying him staying after this season. If his best attribute is running, that means he’s more of a 6 than 7. I hope to god if there is one Brooks will do good this year, but am not getting my hopes up as he’s good at letting the fans and club down.

My favourite memory of Slater is how every time he jumped to catch a bomb he tried to kick people in the head. Great guy.
My favourite memory of Slater is the Mayor of Minto chasing him down at LO after Slater kicked him in the head. No-one deserved the Wanker chant more than Slater that day 🤣🤣🤣

2018 Dally m halfback of year L Brooks yes indeed
Amazing one player gets the blame
I know right, its obviously everyone else's fault and definitely not the play makers fault the team for the last decade struggles to score points and win games. Must have been the 100 players that came and went and definitely not the same constant numpty that's been there the entire time in the halves.

Members online

Back