Luke Brooks #167

I have him as the 10th best halfback out of 16 heading into the upcoming season.

I have the Tigers finishing around 9th or 10th this year.

He's an average to below-average starting NRL halfback.

The Tigers are an average to below-average NRL side.

Could be a really good hooker if he trains their in the pre-season.

@kingrobbie said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1522903) said:
I have him as the 10th best halfback out of 16 heading into the upcoming season.

I'd have him about an average half in the NRL. I think with a quality spine, good outside backs and forwards that defend and go forward he may do the job.

The problem is we need better than Brooks or Brooks needs a much better team.

Good player. Luke Brooks sets up a try, no one says a word. Brooks puts up a spiral bomb which causes an error, no one says anything. Doueihi misreads a simple play which causes a try - no one says a word.

The haters are always gonna be hating. One day in the future when Brooks is gone, they'll find someone new to hate. Such is their existence, they can't live without spreading their negativity.

@gnr4life said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1522914) said:
@tig_prmz said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1522913) said:
Could be a really good hooker if he trains their in the pre-season.

Not sure why he hasn’t been trialed there. Just something different.

He doesn’t want to the clubs asked him but he said no he wants to be a 7 and to keep him happy they haven’t asked him since

Liddle is a fine hooker forward, Brooks is a fine halfback. These are crucial positions occupied by quality players. Money needs to be spent on higher priority areas within the team, most noticeably addressing a chronic lack of pace in the backline and second row.

@pawsandclaws1 said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1522926) said:
Liddle is a fine hooker forward, Brooks is a fine halfback. These are crucial positions occupied by quality players. Money needs to be spent on higher priority areas within the team, most noticeably addressing a chronic lack of pace in the backline and second row.

You need to ask who can we get instead of Brooks who would be better? There’s virtually no halfback in the bottom half of the 8 who is any worse than him. Hunt, Townsend, Clune, Johnson all on par at best with him. Liddle, no need to rush into deciding what to do with him. Anything could happen this year that would make us hang on to him.

@pawsandclaws1 said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1522926) said:

2023 we should see improvements across the issues.

Better understanding of our centre stocks hopefully, if we have quality or if we need to recruit.

Really hopeful Oli G shines and Tupou lives up to hype and isn't another Suli.

Like really... Many Many Many threads already exist..

Try this one... it's all been said..

https://weststigersforum.com/topic/32031/luke-brooks-yes-or-no

I challenge this Forum to give the Brooks bashing a rest. It’s boring and monotonous. We get it. Yep, it’s frustrating he hasn’t become the player we hoped he would be, but the constant bleating is such a bore. I challenge the Forum to go a week without whinging about Brooks!!!!

I challenge this Forum to give the Brooks bashing a rest. It’s boring and monotonous. We get it. Yep, it’s frustrating he hasn’t become the player we hoped he would be, but the constant bleating is such a bore. I challenge the Forum to go a week without whinging about Brooks!!!!
I've done my best to be supportive of him but I'm done. He isn't a leader, kicks are useless; and couldn't organise a poo in the toilet. Give him to Newcastle.

The only rest needed is the Wests Tigers from him

Latest posts

Staff online

Back