Luke Brooks #167

why does it make zero sense? we have a plethora of back rowers that need nurturing. Friz has played at the highest levels of the game. surely his experiences would help them coming through and bridge the gap for a couple years while they jump between firsts and reggies? I reckon Papali'i would even learn a few things off him.
At the right money it would be a fine option. With IP coming (I will not discuss otherwise), you've got your young peaking backrower, and it would be sensible to combine with an older head who may be past his prime, but still a capable footballer.

In fact I would argue Frizell would be a Tim Sheens special - he LOVES older experienced heads in the forwards.

Frizell over the years…

2018 (23/26 games)
2019 (20/24 games)
2020 (20/20 games)
2021 (19/25 games)
2022 (18/20 games)
= 5 year AVG - 100/115

Missing 15 games over 5 years isn’t too bad. Average of 3 per year. Not to mention that 2018/19 he would’ve “missed” games due to origin duties.

If we truly are a rebuilding tigers side, maybe we can start with the halfback that has had 9 years in the top grade and has shown minimal development in regard to game management, decision making and leadership.

Michael Chee-Kam has won us as many games as our star half has in their respective WT’s careers. I don’t hate Brooks but at some point you have to ask whether he is the answer moving forward.
Missing more games as he gets older. There’s a pattern forming….

I'd take Frizell for two years in exchange for Brooks. We need second rowers and he's a decent defender and has a good offload. Can score himself as well. Anything after two years is a serious gamble.
Pascoe will trade him for half a KitKat and a promise of future favours.
Still a decent trade though.

Staines, Shuster Klemmer Woods why do we keep honing in on guys who rarely get in run on side where they are or those close to retirement
Surely we are better than that . These guys are not getting picked where they are for a reason . Please recruit a couple more that are regular 1st graders and playing well .Just like Isaiah and Api who I hope are honourable people
" a deal is a deal is a deal " signed and sealed .

Frizell over the years…

2018 (23/26 games)
2019 (20/24 games)
2020 (20/20 games)
2021 (19/25 games)
2022 (18/20 games)
= 5 year AVG - 100/115

Missing 15 games over 5 years isn’t too bad. Average of 3 per year. Not to mention that 2018/19 he would’ve “missed” games due to origin duties.

If we truly are a rebuilding tigers side, maybe we can start with the halfback that has had 9 years in the top grade and has shown minimal development in regard to game management, decision making and leadership.

Michael Chee-Kam has won us as many games as our star half has in their respective WT’s careers. I don’t hate Brooks but at some point you have to ask whether he is the answer moving forward.
Maybe I wasn’t clear. He’s getting banged up and older as time progresses as he plays hard all the time. I’d trade him for Brooks but I’d take Bradman Best or Saifiti. Frizelle is still good but he’s a player for a top 4 side.

Back