Luke Brooks #167

Pretty embarrassing and telling, the guy that's played 180 odd games, the main playmaker for a decade, plays a position that's considered the 'General' of your team, the on field leader/talker/director, a one team player isn't thought of first as captain material among the wider public. Sums up Brooks career as sub par NRL material perfectly.
Alright mate we get it. Re hashing the same thing over & over ain't gonna change anything.

So if we’re using Brooks doing the interview as a captaincy guide then maybe we can slot in Klemmer as well.
Or maybe it’s DK captain and LB vice captain ?
Or isn’t that fashionable anymore.

No, he doesn't, if we get there it'll be off the back of the forward pack, not Brooks.

I backed Brooks for years Chunk, years!! However insane it was to back a losing horse year after year. I do however question 'fans' that are not calling for the head of the teams playmaker that has failed at his job in a decade resulting in the Tiger's not making the finals in his entire tenure and think magically the yearly call of "one more year" is going to mean something. Think of any other professional sport/team on the planet that would have persisted with their main playmaker for a decade of failure. These threads and opinions have been going on about him since 2015 with every excuse under the sun. Each year without fail, its always give him one more season.

Until he looks like having a go, which he hasn't for years, I wont support him as a player at all. He doesn't deserve the respect and support with what he has produced in a decade. I make no apologises for pointing out a blatant issue with the team and for actually caring about the well being of the team I support in contrary to the obvious apologists on here that put Brooks getting a run over whether the team wins or not. Please grow some balls and call for his head when he inevitably fails again this year....or will his 12th season be his season?
Yeah all fair points and we all know it but he is our halfback, our playmaker, 'our only hope' (well one the major ones) so I'm saying lets get behind him.

So if we’re using Brooks doing the interview as a captaincy guide then maybe we can slot in Klemmer as well.
Or maybe it’s DK captain and LB vice captain ?
Or isn’t that fashionable anymore.

It shouldn't be any of the new recruits getting the captaincy. I think Joe O, Brooksy or Doueihi.

It's gotta be Joffa surely. He'll lead and the new guys will rally behind him, When they were at the Meet and Greet in Brizzy, Joffa was kingdog, every player was following his lead.

The only issue is that he'll be off the field a lot. Brooksy and Doueihi will be on the park most of the time.

The only issue is that he'll be off the field a lot. Brooksy and Doueihi will be on the park most of the time.
I dont think it's an issue mate, what you do on the sidelines and at training creates the culture... we're also assuming what your saying is correct too.
At this rate, Johny might be here just in time for the finals.

It's gotta be Joffa surely. He'll lead and the new guys will rally behind him, When they were at the Meet and Greet in Brizzy, Joffa was kingdog, every player was following his lead.

Joffa would be my choice,to me it honestly looks like he has found a club where he wants to become a part of the history and leave a positive mark

Back