Luke Brooks #167

Wasn't the two years of 550 2018 and 2019? Which he signed in 2017 during the big four saga? He then got this current massive four year contract by Madge in 2019 for 2020-23.
Yes, I remember it being reported that he would sign the 4 year contract at the same rate for the first 2 years.
What is the massive contract youre talking about?

Sign under 650K or less.

Preferably 585K a year, then the veterans allowance gets him under 500K.

$0.188m – Veteran and Developed Player Allowance for eligible players who were either developed by the Club prior to becoming NRL players and / or have been a Top 30 player for at least 8 years at the Club or have been a Top 30 player for at least 10 years across the game

Meeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeooooooow

Looking forward to Luke's next stellar performance in his 300th game 🙄

This ought to win him another 4 year extension.

Sign under 650K or less.

Preferably 585K a year, then the veterans allowance gets him under 500K.

$0.188m – Veteran and Developed Player Allowance for eligible players who were either developed by the Club prior to becoming NRL players and / or have been a Top 30 player for at least 8 years at the Club or have been a Top 30 player for at least 10 years across the game
Bula i understand was not playing for two years then came to the Tigers would he be eligible for development allowance

It was the 4 year extension on way over market value money Madge gave him after that 2 year deal which was the killer

I honestly wonder how much if any say Madge or any of our coaching staff have ever had when it comes to Brook's been given contracts (just like being dropped).This is the sort of behaviour that i strongly suspect our management and board have far too much control over.
I have no facts to back this up just very strongly held suspicions.We are ran by muppets

Bula i understand was not playing for two years then came to the Tigers would he be eligible for development allowance
Good question.

I think it would be more go to someone like Seyfarth that has been throughout the juniors and no where else.

I honestly wonder how much if any say Madge or any of our coaching staff have ever had when it comes to Brook's been given contracts (just like being dropped).This is the sort of behaviour that i strongly suspect our management and board have far too much control over.
I have no facts to back this up just very strongly held suspicions.We are ran by muppets
Its more like a pee high club where, for the most part, organisational structure is overridden by the needs of the individual to garner authority. I still cannot believe that Luke Brooks had to make a public announcement to declare he wasnt being dropped. “I did see it. It was pretty disappointing that it came out in the media and in the end obviously it wasn’t true,” Brooks said.

Yep, with the way halfbacks are valued these days and the lack of them on the market at the moment, I’d say he’s worth about $750k.

Getting him for anything less would be good on our part IMO.
hopefully if he takes 750k the long service discount 200k can be applied and it is effectively 550k on the cap

If they have then they’re taking advantage of his strong desire to stay at the club.
Setting themselves up for a monumental backfire…
Sometimes you only get one shot at a potential employee - and lowballing them straight off the bat isn’t the best place to start.
Understand he’s overpaid at the minute…
But coming in at the some money that a bloke like Chris Sandow got at Parra 10 or more years ago isn’t the way I’d be expressing my interest.

Hopefully we’re being clever and reminding him that Skando has been working for the club since the day he hung them in different positions, and probably will for the rest of his life - these sort of positions are worth considering in your later years as a player

Wouldn't be a wild old ride for you boys being able to bag him for the first half of his career for staying at Wests Tigers,
Only to turn around and bag him for the rest of it for leaving Wests Tigers....
Luv it

Latest posts

Back