Luke Brooks #167

Once some of our other known players left like Moses and Woods no one cared about how they went at their new clubs. Hell even Benji didn’t get mentioned as much once he left the club the first and second time around so personally I don’t see why we should keep discussing Brooks when we barely discuss the others that have left except when we do have to face them. We did see some glimpses, but we also saw inconsistency from Brooks. I still reckon we’ll see that from him at Manly, I didn’t see the game yesterday but from what of the others have said on here, sounds like it was the exact same as it was with us. Did some good with some bad and that’s just when he had a better game.
I beg to differ, they were often talked about.

I thought he was good in a good team performance. The few games we played well Brooks usually contributed positively and we were rubbish he made little difference. If Manly have a good season we are just going to have to get use to the talk around what a great move it was for him, and even more so if we stay camped at the bottom.

Look
I like brooksy followed him from the junior grades ti firsts. Just think to much has been expected from him which he can’t deliver.
But I have to laugh when he is spoken to in interviews and he says manly are great, they just simplify the game for me or words to that effect! Basically saying he was not smart enough to take the pressure or be a controlling half! Calling himself dumb in a way…
Controlling half = smart, articulate, etc
Running half = off the cuff, eyes up footy, see what’s in front of u. Basic dumb ass!

Look
I like brooksy followed him from the junior grades ti firsts. Just think to much has been expected from him which he can’t deliver.
But I have to laugh when he is spoken to in interviews and he says manly are great, they just simplify the game for me or words to that effect! Basically saying he was not smart enough to take the pressure or be a controlling half! Calling himself dumb in a way…
Controlling half = smart, articulate, etc
Running half = off the cuff, eyes up footy, see what’s in front of u. Basic dumb ass!
Why does him not being up to it make him a dumb person? The first time in my life I have ever seen a players lack of ability in a certain aspect of the game blamed on them being a dumb person. There is no shock value anymore in regards to what his critics will say about him. Something I have very rarely seen in the entire time I have watched the game.

He played 5/8 (a position everyone bar the coaching staff knew he was best at) and didn't have the burden of leading the side (again something everyone else could see), so, no shit he had a decent game.

Why does him not being up to it make him a dumb person? The first time in my life I have ever seen a players lack of ability in a certain aspect of the game blamed on them being a dumb person. There is no shock value anymore in regards to what his critics will say about him. Something I have very rarely seen in the entire time I have watched the game.
Have u heard him speak???
If u have, and u don’t get it, then u never will!
It’s quite obvious to most people.
Not up to it, yes not up to it, organising and performing a game plan at any stage in his 11 years was a rare site. Wow, he’s going great as a third wheel, congratulations.

Have u heard him speak???
If u have, and u don’t get it, then u never will!
It’s quite obvious to most people.
Not up to it, yes not up to it, organising and performing a game plan at any stage in his 11 years was a rare site. Wow, he’s going great as a third wheel, congratulations.
How he’s any different to the majority of other meatheads who play the game? Yet no correlation is ever drawn to their playing ability and overall intelligence.

He played well, but his impact been massively overstated. DCE was the reason they won. Brooks played his part.

For whatever reason everything he does is massively overstated or understated.

The worry is Galvin is already getting similar wraps and similar pressure will come.

The detractors can minimise his game all you like. They knocked off a good footy side with Brooks playing a strong hand. The wins will keep coming for them and he’ll record plenty of Dally M points along the way. Haters gonna hate.
All it does is let’s everyone else know where they’re at…
They’re calling a bloke dumb while looking like dikkheads….
Every man and his dog can see he had a good game, not all (supposedly grown) men can admit it… SMH…
Read endlessly about his bad pass, haven’t seen anyone here mention the DCE Knock on….

Saw 2 good games of footy - where Brooks made no more mistakes than any of the other 3 halves that played in LA

I thought he was good in a good team performance. The few games we played well Brooks usually contributed positively and we were rubbish he made little difference. If Manly have a good season we are just going to have to get use to the talk around what a great move it was for him, and even more so if we stay camped at the bottom.
Yep sadly that’s what will happen. Let’s face it Manly are a 70% better team than we are, Brooks is going to have a good season and the media will rub it in as usual.

Back