Luke Brooks #167

This is a massive misconception. When have the press ever singled him out over anyone else in at the club. No one has been more vitriolic than his own clubs supporters for 10 years.
Pretty sure the press have been happy to share what he was being paid and his failure to ever play finals footy. You think that doesn't serve in winding fans up when your team is consistently losing.
Every clubs fans judge their highest paid players when their team is losing and the press feed off it.
Plenty going on in the Souths forums at the moment about their stars and disappointment about their performance and the coach who is not reeling them in. While ever their losing the press will feed of the fans dissatisfaction and continue to share it which results in bandwagon mentalities.
We live in a world now where the press have access to what the fans are thinking and if it means stirring the pot to attract interest they will throw anyone under the bus.

You would think that…
We didn’t replace Brooks with Galvin - Lachie was already here, and basically emerged over the off season.
If we’re looking for optimism, How’s Bud going you think?

There’s also been trials for reference…
You would think that…
We didn’t replace Brooks with Galvin - Lachie was already here, and basically emerged over the off season.
If we’re looking for optimism, How’s Bud going you think?

There’s also been trials for reference…
One game in and i'm not counting anyone out as yet.
it might take some time to sort out the best combinations although after his first game it would be hard to drop Galvin.
Funny, though, how you are waxing on about Brooks being the whipping boy for losses when Bud is the whipping boy this week and Ilias from the Bunnies looks like getting the flick for their bad form.
Notice the one constant here?
The half back gets the flack (and the flick).
Actually worse for Ilias who is getting paid diddly squat and is surrounded by high priced under performers... instead of being a high priced under performer like Brooks was here.
Brooks is now where he should have been here playing at five eighth.
A shame he wasn't keen on doing so here.

As critical as the Clowns here? Yeah Right!!
You've been here long enough to know how far from the truth this is....
Just as it was for Farah on here. I was here to witness that garbage too and the press had a field day with it. It shaped plenty of peoples beliefs and still does.

I see. So we’re getting rid of players who don’t think? That’s the secret behind our success? Manly otoh are heading for the finals on the back of recruiting a 200 game half who doesn’t think and therefore playing the best footy of his career?
struggling to get my head around all that?
1. We didn't get rid of Luke Brooks. He decided to leave.

2. He's played 2 games for Manly.

3. You're correct, he's a 200 game half. Astoundingly, he still needs coaches to tell him how to play almost as if he's a 22 year old rookie.. Anthony Seibold has done a rather brilliant thing in dumbing it down to one word for him... 'RUN'. Do you think the likes of Cooper Cronk would go into games on the back of such simple instructions? Lets wait until there are a few injures and setbacks at Manly and see how he reacts.

My point is that he was never going to be the main man you build your whole team / roster around and we wasted a decade trying to do it.

1. We didn't get rid of Luke Brooks. He decided to leave.

2. He's played 2 games for Manly.

3. You're correct, he's a 200 game half. Astoundingly, he still needs coaches to tell him how to play almost as if he's a 22 year old rookie.. Anthony Seibold has done a rather brilliant thing in dumbing it down to one word for him... 'RUN'. Do you think the likes of Cooper Cronk would go into games on the back of such simple instructions? Lets wait until there are a few injures and setbacks at Manly and see how he reacts.

My point is that he was never going to be the main man you build your whole team / roster around and we wasted a decade trying to do it.
He’s in the top 5 players in Dally M voting after rd 2 and his current form indicates he’ll probably stay up there. Something he routinely did at WT before Pascoe’s era mind you.

Makes me laugh when people call him a running half. Tommy Talaus try on the weekend came from brilliant instinctual ball play, after he routinely carved them up with his passing game the whole first half. The same Roosters who routinely put 50 on WT by the way. 70 even.

As for the media, I quote the wisdom of Gus Gould.

“Wests Tigers don’t have a Luke Brooks problem, Luke Brooks has a Wests Tigers problem”

Truer words were never spoken.

But haters gonna hate.

He’s in the top 5 players in Dally M voting after rd 2 and his current form indicates he’ll probably stay up there. Something he routinely did at WT before Pascoe’s era mind you.

Makes me laugh when people call him a running half. Tommy Talaus try on the weekend came from brilliant instinctual ball play, after he routinely carved them up with his passing game the whole first half. The same Roosters who routinely put 50 on WT by the way. 70 even.

“Wests Tigers don’t have a Luke Brooks problem, Luke Brooks has a Wests Tigers problem”

But haters gonna hate.
Like getting kicked to the curb for botching a try on the sideline…
He had a meter to work with on the opposite side of the feild to which he plays - but he was there…

He’ll have more than a little luck in the future… just by doing what he does.

Like getting kicked to the curb for botching a try on the sideline…
He had a meter to work with on the opposite side of the feild to which he plays - but he was there…

He’ll have more than a little luck in the future… just by doing what he does.
One of the main reasons he was always bagged on here was because he was always in the frame.

Funny they never seemed to get that the other players were out of shot doing sweet FA.

But haters gonna hate.

Saying that someone is in the 'top 5' of something after round two is the most hilariously Wests Tigers Forumish of sample sizes I've seen yet. (he's coming fifth, which is OK i guess). You might as well say we are in the top 12!!

The only time Luke Brooks was anywhere near anything on the (final) Dally M charts was in 2018 when Benji Marshall was his halves partner at the club and Pascoe was already into his 3rd full season as CEO. From from 2014-2017, Brooks was never ever routinely, decisively, consistently winning us games, or up there on the Dally M charts for that matter. Not ever. Woods had a great year in 2014 or so, and I think Moses was somewhat high in 2016 as too.

Haters going to hate?? I love this club. Take your pills and get your facts right.

Some here are jumping the gun i feel... On both sides of the 'argument'
We didn't see the WTs version of Brooks Last Sunday against the chooks? Dud passes and kicking into opponents legs etc etc...
I did occasionally ( I imagined some forummers quickly taking notes)
I also saw a free-er, confident running Brooks which thanks to his forwards gave him room to do this...he was good in the first 40 when they played mainly his side. They had a ridiculous amount of field position and possesion in that first half... (they seemed to focus on cherry Evans side in the 2nd half)
He went ok...

Some time ago when his contract was up I wanted him gone as I felt we needed a Change and I wanted to see how he'd go elsewhere... He's playing to my own predictions so far.
I think he possibly has some more improvement in him, not a great deal... I doubt we'll see him regress...Gus' quote earlier was spot on.

It will live with him all his days he had a stellar junior career in Balmain & Holy x... Dreamed of playing for WTs and did but in a rabble of a club... I hope he's enjoying his footy finally... He always gave his all for us.
His mental strength to get thru what he copped here is
pretty impressive... Good luck to him except against us

Please delete from our forum. He is no longer with us, thank goodness!!!!
No, Its hilarious to read. The same old tiresome fangirls flicking their bean overjoyed with him wining for another team, while having zero cares about him being the largest contributor to the Tigers losing week in week out year after year while he was here. The 4 or 5 of them have been outed embarrassingly on how little they care/d for the Tigers over petty revenge thread posting and will never be taken seriously on this forum ever again. Leave it up to show who they are.

One of the main reasons he was always bagged on here was because he was always in the frame.

Funny they never seemed to get that the other players were out of shot doing sweet FA.

Ahhh....
The old days of him getting blasted for not quite getting to a winger scoring in the corner when the 2 guys outside him aren't even in the shot....
Be sure he'll look back on those days fondly...

As others have said, the pressure is off somewhat at Manly.

He has a great half and fullback to work with who will do the heavy lifting, all he has to do is not have a shocking game and be serviceable. And that's why Manly lucked out, they picked up a player who has been paid world class money and not lived up to it on a serviceable contract where he will do his thing wedged between two class players in the spine and will benefit for it.

The frustrations about Brooks are misdirected anger with the club. They persisted when it was clear he was not more than a ball running 6 and remunerated him with what they expected of him despite not being able to live up to it. One thing I'll not take away from Brooks is that he always tried. But he was never it for us.

At the end of the day he'll just be another player who went on to greener pastures. Next.

Saying that someone is in the 'top 5' of something after round two is the most hilariously Wests Tigers Forumish of sample sizes I've seen yet. (he's coming fifth, which is OK i guess). You might as well say we are in the top 12!!

The only time Luke Brooks was anywhere near anything on the (final) Dally M charts was in 2018 when Benji Marshall was his halves partner at the club and Pascoe was already into his 3rd full season as CEO. From from 2014-2017, Brooks was never ever routinely, decisively, consistently winning us games, or up there on the Dally M charts for that matter. Not ever. Woods had a great year in 2014 or so, and I think Moses was somewhat high in 2016 as too.

Haters going to hate?? I love this club. Take your pills and get your facts right.
Bookmarking this for dally m medal night

Some here are jumping the gun i feel... On both sides of the 'argument'
We didn't see the WTs version of Brooks Last Sunday against the chooks? Dud passes and kicking into opponents legs etc etc...
I did occasionally ( I imagined some forummers quickly taking notes)
I also saw a free-er, confident running Brooks which thanks to his forwards gave him room to do this...he was good in the first 40 when they played mainly his side. They had a ridiculous amount of field position and possesion in that first half... (they seemed to focus on cherry Evans side in the 2nd half)
He went ok...

Some time ago when his contract was up I wanted him gone as I felt we needed a Change and I wanted to see how he'd go elsewhere... He's playing to my own predictions so far.
I think he possibly has some more improvement in him, not a great deal... I doubt we'll see him regress...Gus' quote earlier was spot on.

It will live with him all his days he had a stellar junior career in Balmain & Holy x... Dreamed of playing for WTs and did but in a rabble of a club... I hope he's enjoying his footy finally... He always gave his all for us.
His mental strength to get thru what he copped here is
pretty impressive... Good luck to him except against us
Well said mate. People saying they love the club give me a break. A club is about people and he gave WT more than most did.

Look forward for the haters replies>>>>>>

The club also gave plenty to Brooks tried to build a team around him - unsuccessfully. Fool them for backing him to develop into the leader that we needed
Moved coaches on, payed him well for out put, and tried to find what sort of players inside and outside him, best suited his game, that didn't stifle him, and or allowed him to play his "natural" game. We moved on 7's that had no path because of Brooks only for him to be considered a running 5/8 th. It has all been about Brooks since he came to grade.
There is always accountability for key players it didn't work for us or him - the last two years from where I sit have been particularly difficult knowing he wanted out.
Not surprising he has slotted in so well at Manly. Bet he is training harder than ever with something to prove, but without the pressure of being the main man. Good luck to him.

One thing I forgot to add is the blowtorches will come out if DCE and Turbo both cop some time on the sideline. If Manly are relying on him to take the reins they will be in for some vintage WT era Brooks.

The club also gave plenty to Brooks tried to build a team around him - unsuccessfully. Fool them for backing him to develop into the leader that we needed
Moved coaches on, payed him well for out put, and tried to find what sort of players inside and outside him, best suited his game, that didn't stifle him, and or allowed him to play his "natural" game. We moved on 7's that had no path because of Brooks only for him to be considered a running 5/8 th. It has all been about Brooks since he came to grade.
There is always accountability for key players it didn't work for us or him - the last two years from where I sit have been particularly difficult knowing he wanted out.
Not surprising he has slotted in so well at Manly. Bet he is training harder than ever with something to prove, but without the pressure of being the main man. Good luck to him.
They hung Brooksy out to dry the minute his two mates left and we replaced them with journeymen and nuffies (on marquee money) for 7 years.

Back