Luke Brooks #167

Remember all those years the narrative was "it wasn't Lukes team as Robbie was there", "It wasn't Lukes team because Benji was there" and then when he was on his own it was "finally his time", "his time to step up", it was "his time to take control and play his game". pfffff

13 years of pure shit for the Tiges no matter what role he was handed on a silver platter and protected for over a decade. He was complete shit when he wasn't in the limelight and it wasn't his team, and played equally as shit for a couple of years when it was "his team".

Glad he has moved on, zero loss to the Tigers as he did nothing and would have continued to do nothing this season if he was here.

Even a turd can be polished at surface level. One swallow doesn't make a summer. Lets see how well he plays for the entire season, or god forbid he is put in a position where he has to be the main playmaker for Manly. The hilarity and finger pointing at Manly fans will ensue.
I actually dread the thought of DCE getting injured and the mighty sea eagles running out with the magnificent Wakeham and Brooks combo …..😅😂🤣

Thats absolute tripe ….. this thread …. It’s litterally filled with dudes who are behaving like brooksy was thier ex girlfriend
“She wasn’t even hot! I was totally slumming it . My new girlfriend is soo much hotter “ …. Haha
Just close the thread .
It’s litterally filled with dudes who are behaving like brooksy is thier girlfriend …

See what I did there.

It’s litterally filled with dudes who are behaving like brooksy is thier girlfriend …

See what I did there.
No … that makes no sense ! You’re making stories up about Galvin playing better than brooksy . Galvin is a gun , and I’m glad brooks is gone , but that’s just horseshit and intellectually dishonest . It just reads as spiteful , petty and little bit of insight into the mindset of the guys saying it . Hot tip ! Not a good thing .
Close the thread and move on . Find yourselves a rebound root …

No … that makes no sense ! You’re making stories up about Galvin playing better than brooksy . Galvin is a gun , and I’m glad brooks is gone , but that’s just horseshit and intellectually dishonest . It just reads as spiteful , petty and little bit of insight into the mindset of the guys saying it . Hot tip ! Not a good thing .
Close the thread and move on . Find yourselves a rebound root …
Intellectually dishonest or just simply not that intellectual. We know which box you tick.

Intellectually dishonest or just simply not that intellectual. We know which box you tick.
What ? Mate you trying to be clever or witty ?
That doesn’t make sense outside of “I know you are, you said you are , but what am I “
If you don’t remember the many good games Luke brooks played for us , or won’t because it doesn’t suit your brooks sux narrative , then like I said before , it doesn’t paint you in a good light .
I personally really hate the way people debate Nowadays . A refusal to even acknowledge known truths , because it may (it doesn’t) undermine thier position.
You’re right about brooks . We did need to punt him , and I hope we pull 70 on the dirty sea eagles when play them , but that story is bullshit that he never played well for us !

I often wonder when I see people make up blatant BS when taking sport or politics ...
* if they really realise they're doing it
* are they exceptionaly passionate on that topic
* maybe they don't think people can see their BS.
* maybe I'm just not passionate enough anymore
*Maybe my priorities are just different.

I guess because this is an anonymous platform people can carry on like 9 yo's in the play ground at lunch time

It's easy to pick the genuine members

Brooksy and Manly back down to earth... I think thyre mid table team told by 14 and let that go... Probsy one they should've won but Parra are playing pretty good too atm... Won't be easy for us on Monday

What ? Mate you trying to be clever or witty ?
That doesn’t make sense outside of “I know you are, you said you are , but what am I “
If you don’t remember the many good games Luke brooks played for us , or won’t because it doesn’t suit your brooks sux narrative , then like I said before , it doesn’t paint you in a good light .
I personally really hate the way people debate Nowadays . A refusal to even acknowledge known truths , because it may (it doesn’t) undermine thier position.
You’re right about brooks . We did need to punt him , and I hope we pull 70 on the dirty sea eagles when play them , but that story is bullshit that he never played well for us !
100%

As for Winnie:

1711291504397.png

The other major factor is to not put the Brooks deal in isolation. Presumably both clubs didn't have funds for both the Fainu brothers and Brooks, so there was a bit of an exchange there.

When you consider they paid Brooks 4 years and we got the Fainu brothers instead for lower contracts for 4 years each, that just is an exchange I'd make every time. Even if Brooks goes to a level we haven't seen before, it's still a great deal for us.

Add to that we have Galvin playing 5/8 and there probably wouldn't even be a place for Brooks in our side. It's early days but Galvin looks a far more composed and intelligent player than Brooks.

All that said, I still follow Brooks' form with interest. He's doing a lot better than I expected and Manly look like a very good team. I'd prefer he didn't go so well over there as it feeds narratives that might impact our ability to recruit players. But recruitment probably depends on winning in either case.

Anyway, as bad as recruitment has been at our club, they did brilliantly in their exchange with Manly last year, even if it was more good fortune than planning in the way we went about it.

The other major factor is to not put the Brooks deal in isolation. Presumably both clubs didn't have funds for both the Fainu brothers and Brooks, so there was a bit of an exchange there.

When you consider they paid Brooks 4 years and we got the Fainu brothers instead for lower contracts for 4 years each, that just is an exchange I'd make every time. Even if Brooks goes to a level we haven't seen before, it's still a great deal for us.

Add to that we have Galvin playing 5/8 and there probably wouldn't even be a place for Brooks in our side. It's early days but Galvin looks a far more composed and intelligent player than Brooks.

All that said, I still follow Brooks' form with interest. He's doing a lot better than I expected and Manly look like a very good team. I'd prefer he didn't go so well over there as it feeds narratives that might impact our ability to recruit players. But recruitment probably depends on winning in either case.

Anyway, as bad as recruitment has been at our club, they did brilliantly in their exchange with Manly last year, even if it was more good fortune than planning in the way we went about it.
I see that Luke has 8 points in the Dally M ladder..4 off the lead...obviously the change of clubs and position is working for him and us...good luck to him and we had a great win Saturday....things could be turning around for both parties.....

I see that Luke has 8 points in the Dally M ladder..4 off the lead...obviously the change of clubs and position is working for him and us...good luck to him and we had a great win Saturday....things could be turning around for both parties.....

The Leader is Nicho IIRC?
Wasn't there also conjecture around one game where he got 6 Points and did nothing?

Judges feeling sorry for him.

Gosh he must be doing ok then? It can’t be easy to get Dally M points in a team full of stars. It just occurred to me that Brooksy already got a DallyM award in a team full of stars. As it in 2019?

Gosh he must be doing ok then? It can’t be easy to get Dally M points in a team full of stars. It just occurred to me that Brooksy already got a DallyM award in a team full of stars. As it in 2019?

He won halfback of the year in 2018 playing in a team with the likes of Godinet, Rochow, MWZ and Fonua.

Brooks is neither the superstar nor basketcase that some claim him to be.

He won halfback of the year in 2018 playing in a team with the likes of Godinet, Rochow, MWZ and Fonua.

Brooks is neither the superstar nor basketcase that some claim him to be.
Thats why he won it.
When the team wins and it comprises of mostly lesser rated players the named star gets the praise...earned or not.
The Dally M is not a true indication of the game's best players.

Latest posts

Back