Luke Brooks 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

He's been a massive disappointment thus far, IMO. There was massive hype on him and then he had that sensational game on debut against the Dragons. From there, IMO, he has gone down hill. I see his partnership with Reynolds his last chance. If he cant produce some high quality games by round 5 or 6, I'd give Benji the number 7 jersey and give Brooks permission to find another club while he plays for the Mighty Maggies in ISP.

If I had a dollar for every ' Luke Brooks' title thread I'd be a rich man. But in all honesty it's make or break for him. Just hope he earns his spot for a quality pre season and not because he's incumbent. We all know he's not the best pre season trainer. I'd like to hope he's quashing those rumours but we'll see how it goes.

Cleary has pretty much given him an ultimatum by addressing the Nathan rumours and acknowdging that Nathan coming here is on the cards, so if that isn't a good enough reason to get motivated, idk what is.

Personally, and I've mentioned this a couple of times, I think a significant reason why Brooks has struggled is due to his personality. The guy looks scared of his own shadow. Don't think I've seen a player ever, shyer than Luke Brooks. Not a particularly good trait for a halfback to have. I wouldn't be surprised if he has a hard time barking orders.

Brooks will improve a lot in 2018 with Cleary, Reynolds and a good forward pack.

I think he needs to concentrate on his kicking game as well as running the ball more often, because that's when he looks most dangerous.

But in 2018, you have to perform or someone will take your place. Brooks hasn't had this pressure to perform ever before and I think he will form a great combo with Reynolds.

Ivan will get the best out of Brooks and he will make everyone eat their words.

Not the best half in the comp, nor the worse, so happy enough to have him on board.

Luke has shown that his ceiling is higher than most and whilst disappointing that he has not consistently performed to that level, it doesn't stop him being a first grader, which he clearly is. With a few percentage points of improvement in fitness and defence, along with consistency of his short kicking game, he will be amongst the top halves in the comp.

@ said:
Cleary has pretty much given him an ultimatum by addressing the Nathan rumours and acknowdging that Nathan coming here is on the cards, so if that isn't a good enough reason to get motivated, idk what is.

Personally, and I've mentioned this a couple of times, I think a significant reason why Brooks has struggled is due to his personality. The guy looks scared of his own shadow. Don't think I've seen a player ever, shyer than Luke Brooks. Not a particularly good trait for a halfback to have. I wouldn't be surprised if he has a hard time barking orders.

Spot on mate, in contrast Yappy Moses can't control himself even when there is nothing to yapp about - even giving orders to the ref. that the captain is over there. love it

I like Brooks and I don't think he is that bad. He is in a tough position where mistakes which include poor options are really highlighted. I can't see him ever being Andrew Johns like but he could get his game together and be a player who is good enough to lead a quality team into the finals.

@ said:
I like Brooks and I don't think he is that bad. He is in a tough position where mistakes which include poor options are really highlighted. I can't see him ever being Andrew Johns like but he could get his game together and be a player who is good enough to lead a quality team into the finals.

To me Luke looks frightened, maybe he lacks confidence. He needs to be fearless. For our sake and his I hope he can become more confident in what he is capable of achieving. :pray:

I believe that rumours that Nathan Cleary could come to the club eventually, would not be boosting Luke's confidence at all Best of Luck Luke. (Be Fearless)

@ said:
@ said:

To me Luke looks frightened, maybe he lacks confidence. He needs to be fearless. For our sake and his I hope he can become more confident in what he is capable of achieving. :pray:

I believe that rumours that Nathan Cleary could come to the club eventually, would not be boosting Luke's confidence at all Best of Luck Luke. (Be Fearless)

If that happens it's two years away. Broooks has the raw ingredients to become a good NRL halfback. He just needs to focus on becoming the best General he can be. I'm sure Ivan and the coaching staff will be working on his 4th/5th tackle plays.
That being said. He will have pressure on him from Benji which will be a good thing for him and the Tigers

He's never been consistent. He's put on some special plays on odd occasion, but we never see it week in, week out. Defensively we've been weak for years which has really highlighted one of Brooks deficiencies which is his defence. His short kicking game is another…

Now whether this is just who Brooks is, or he's been held back by a less than dominant forward pack and halves partners, we'll find out next season. I would suggest if he doesn't improve next season, then this will be his last contract with the Tigers.

It will be interesting if Reynolds can be that positive influence that he needs. Confidence is such big factor in sport that you can be a Jeckyll/Hyde depending on what your mindset is.

I'd agree he's on his last chance, and so he should be.

Can someone smarter than me give a ranking for all halves based on try assists over the last 2 years?

@ said:
Can someone smarter than me give a ranking for all halves based on try assists over the last 2 years?

https://www.totalfootystats.com.au

Brooksy doesn't even feature in the top 50 for this year. His stats were pretty bad.

https://www.totalfootystats.com.au/nrl-player-stats/wests-tigers/luke-brooks&disp_year=2017#.WhlLc7ZL3Vo

@ said:

Oh, come on Old Man Tiger, don't be shy, we all know there's nobody smarter than you!

@ said:
@ said:

Oh, come on Old Man Tiger, don't be shy, we all know there's nobody smarter than you!

My wife and 2 year old disagree.

@ said:
@ said:

https://www.totalfootystats.com.au

Brooksy doesn't even feature in the top 50 for this year. His stats were pretty bad.

https://www.totalfootystats.com.au/nrl-player-stats/wests-tigers/luke-brooks&disp_year=2017#.WhlLc7ZL3Vo

Thanks mate

@ said:

Name Games Try Assists TA/Game
1\. Johnathan Thurston 31 32 1.032258065
2\. Michael Morgan 49 42 0.857142857
3\. Shaun Johnson 42 35 0.833333333
4\. Cooper Cronk 48 39 0.8125
5\. Daly Cherry Evans 44 35 0.795454545
6\. Matt Moylan 39 29 0.743589744
7\. Mitchell Pearce 35 26 0.742857143
8\. Ben Hunt 47 33 0.70212766
9\. Gareth Widdop 45 31 0.688888889
10\. Cody Walker 44 30 0.681818182
11\. Adam Reynolds 37 25 0.675675676
12\. Ash Taylor 46 31 0.673913043
13\. Corey Norman 38 25 0.657894737
14\. Anthony Milford 49 31 0.632653061
15\. Luke Brooks 38 23 0.605263158
16\. Mitchell Moses 49 29 0.591836735
17\. Kieran Foran 26 14 0.538461538
18\. Trent Hodkinson 40 19 0.475
19\. James Maloney 45 21 0.466666667
20\. Luke Keary 43 20 0.465116279
21\. Brock Lamb 24 11 0.458333333
22\. Nathan Cleary 41 18 0.43902439
23\. Blake Green 48 20 0.416666667
24\. Tui Lolohea 39 16 0.41025641
25\. Chad Townsend 52 21 0.403846154
26\. Moses Mbye 48 19 0.395833333
27\. Aidan Sezer 48 16 0.333333333
28\. Josh Reynolds 42 12 0.285714286
29\. Blake Austin 43 11 0.255813953
30\. Kodi Nikorima 35 6 0.171428571

Thanks Nelson. That's interesting, I'm surprised he's ahead of Maloney, Moses, foran, keary and cleary.

I'm not..

but it's just a stat..

Interesting Brooks running metres increased substantially from about mid way into the season to the back end…him taking the line on more will create opportunities for others..it's a clear direction from Cleary..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back