Luke Brooks - Mega Thread

well said, if it is not Brooks then it is Douhie.
12 games in to Brooks career he showed something more than Jock Madden
Jock Madden is not going to make it.
If we decide to get rid of Brooks we need better than Madden

NRL halfbacks don't tread water in ressies....
(Insert comp interuption excuses here)

It's a difficult argument to accept that our pack is soft yet the halfback is expected to weather that and be the star.
1,000%

Brooks can be blamed for Brooks.
Our pack was porus in the middle! We let through a stack of Bulldogs tries.
Sure a Cooper Cronk helps organise in defense with a Slater and Smith to back him up.
Brooks can't be blamed for us getting run over, for the injuries to players early (doueini or Twal that was taken out).

What Brooks/Hastings can be blamed for is our attacking structures and plan. Hastings moving to 7 is 100% the right move. I would rather see Brooks at hooker or 5/8 to see if he can fit in the team. Brooks can play and can cross the line.

When we let 1 defender face 4 attackers, we will loose. When we can't stop attacks in the middle (oh god that was bad) we will loose. None of that is on Brooks, whatever his faults are.

well said, if it is not Brooks then it is Douhie.
12 games in to Brooks career he showed something more than Jock Madden
Jock Madden is not going to make it.
If we decide to get rid of Brooks we need better than Madden
Your only taking the current physical output of Madden and comparing it to Brooks. Doing this makes a strong argument that if Brooks cant make it, Madden certainly can't. However your forgetting one major thing, personality. Halfback requires a certain personality to consistently play well. So while Madden does lack some of the natural flair and skill of Brooks, he has more of the personality to own that position and take advantage of the skillset he does have.

I'm not saying I think Madden will make a successful long term NRL seven, but I wouldn't write him off. It will take time with him, something we are all sick of, but Madden is a chance. IMO he equals Hastings in kicking game, and defence, has a slightly better passing game, and does everything much faster playing over the advantage line, good speed off the mark. Hastings has better experience and voice, but that's only because he is older. Madden will have that voice too.

With Hastings playing injured, I would rest him. No use pushing him through that. Then give Madden a good run at 7 with Doueihi at 6.

I think people might be slightly surprised by the outcome. That said, the forwards need to have a go.

In my opinion the club sacked the wrong person, Brooks should have gone not Madge. I don't want to see that useless bloke play another game for us this year. Let Madden play for the rest of the season.

Brooks is and
In my opinion the club sacked the wrong person, Brooks should have gone not Madge. I don't want to see that useless bloke play another game for us this year. Let Madden play for the rest of the season.
One of two things will happen Kimmorley will unearth what we have all been waiting for, or he will get sacked for not doing so.

Your only taking the current physical output of Madden and comparing it to Brooks. Doing this makes a strong argument that if Brooks cant make it, Madden certainly can't. However your forgetting one major thing, personality. Halfback requires a certain personality to consistently play well. So while Madden does lack some of the natural flair and skill of Brooks, he has more of the personality to own that position and take advantage of the skillset he does have.

I'm not saying I think Madden will make a successful long term NRL seven, but I wouldn't write him off. It will take time with him, something we are all sick of, but Madden is a chance. IMO he equals Hastings in kicking game, and defence, has a slightly better passing game, and does everything much faster playing over the advantage line, good speed off the mark. Hastings has better experience and voice, but that's only because he is older. Madden will have that voice too.

With Hastings playing injured, I would rest him. No use pushing him through that. Then give Madden a good run at 7 with Doueihi at 6.

I think people might be slightly surprised by the outcome. That said, the forwards need to have a go.
As others have said quality 7's do not yo yo up and down first grade to Reggie's and back again, they are in and stay in. Madden is not capable of that
Go with Hastings Douhie or Brooks Douhie and rest Hastings
do not waste our tine with Jock

I would offer Brooks to the Dolphins if they paid full freight. I think they'll be good for a year or two, then really drop off, once their aging pack starts to falter. Brooks will at least get one tilt at the finals and we clear up our cap space. I like Brooks, but both parties need a circuit breaker.

I would offer Brooks to the Dolphins if they paid full freight. I think they'll be good for a year or two, then really drop off, once their aging pack starts to falter. Brooks will at least get one tilt at the finals and we clear up our cap space. I like Brooks, but both parties need a circuit breaker.

Brooks needs to agree to the move & no way the Dolphins would pay his $1mil+ for next seasons contract.

How many of his players have now gone to the next level to make rep sides? You're arguing he got lucky but he's put the finishing touches - "finishing school":D on those players to take them to the next level . That doesn't seem to me to be luck, just maybe he is a very good coach. And also doing the same with Ciraldo.
Ciraldo is an unknown at NRL level
Ivan got lucky inheriting a top 4 team from Griffin.
If Madge had inherited a top 4 squad we wouldnā€™t be bitching .
As Iā€™ve said before you ainā€™t got a clue .
Weā€™re in this shit hole because Madge inherited this Shit fest that Ivan and Pascoe created .
But now the old fossil is here Pascoe seems to have exited through the side exit .. ā€œ nothing to seeā€
But you keep blaming Madge as it suits your agenda

Weā€™re in this shit hole because Madge inherited this Shit fest that Ivan and Pascoe created .
But now the old fossil is here Pascoe seems to have exited through the side exit .. ā€œ nothing to seeā€
Cleary has the Panthers firing with assistance from Ciraldo. It's nothing to do with luck but everything to do with being a very good coach and a very good assistant coach. The players respond to them. Seems our club agrees as we are trying to sign him. That would be another good move. You're in the shitfest because you enjoy it and have found your place.

Cleary has the Panthers firing with assistance from Ciraldo. It's nothing to do with luck but everything to do with being a very good coach and a very good assistant coach. The players respond to them. Seems our club agrees as we are trying to sign him. That would be another good move. You're in the shitfest because you enjoy it and have found your place.
Pascoe and Ivan created the shit fest and youā€™re the one deep throating it ..

Deflecting heat off Brooks..

Members online

No members online now.
Back