Luke Brooks - Mega Thread

brooks won rookie of the year in his 1st year, Madden has played 1 ok game in first grade against the worst team in the comp

Agree brooks isn’t the answer, but I think if madden had it, he would have shown it by now … Like I said before there’s been plenty of players that have come straight into grade and shown promise. If (big if) madden is to have a decent career, it probably won’t be at the tigers because we are a mess
He has regressed consistently for 9 years. He could compete in the rookie of the year now as a 150+ game veteran and not even make the top ten shortlist.

brooks won rookie of the year in his 1st year, Madden has played 1 ok game in first grade against the worst team in the comp

Agree brooks isn’t the answer, but I think if madden had it, he would have shown it by now … Like I said before there’s been plenty of players that have come straight into grade and shown promise. If (big if) madden is to have a decent career, it probably won’t be at the tigers because we are a mess
It's a darn shame Madden has had WT to hone his skills.
He's plays second fiddle to Brooks and if it wasn't for injuries and suspensions he wouldn't have any game time except maybe bench.
He has shown some brilliance, like that chip and regather try but I don't think he's the one to take us on a GF campaign trail.
It would be easier to select a backline if we had the best forward pack in the comp. 🤔

We will be looking for another 7 soon as well, I cannot see Hastings staying here now, he has looked disinterested the last two weeks and will be looking for a getting out plan sooner rather than later.

well said, if it is not Brooks then it is Douhie.
12 games in to Brooks career he showed something more than Jock Madden
Jock Madden is not going to make it.
If we decide to get rid of Brooks we need better than Madden

Pretty much .. walked into a dream job
How many of his players have now gone to the next level to make rep sides? You're arguing he got lucky but he's put the finishing touches - "finishing school":D on those players to take them to the next level . That doesn't seem to me to be luck, just maybe he is a very good coach. And also doing the same with Ciraldo.

Why do we single out players for the team going bad, when the game is a team sport?...as a collective we are a very, very poor side, probably the worst in the comp...we only won our games this year via extra effort, not by skill....put Brooks in the Penrith team and opinions will change....

Why do we single out players for the team going bad, when the game is a team sport?...as a collective we are a very, very poor side, probably the worst in the comp...we only won our games this year via extra effort, not by skill....put Brooks in the Penrith team and opinions will change....
It's a difficult argument to accept that our pack is soft yet the halfback is expected to weather that and be the star.

And our forward pack is absolutely rubbish.

Latest posts

Members online

Back