Luke Brooks - Mega Thread

100%. What's he going to do? Attack me? I'd let him so he would get the sack for off field indescretions.
Forum rejoices Brooks is gone.
Can you say it to these peoples faces

Kepaoa
Talau
Noffa
Roberts
Madden
Musgrove
Tamou
Kelma
Garner
Seyfart
Gildart
Pauga
Tupou
O’reilly
Peachey
Noddy
Pascoe
Lee H
The Board

I agree. Brooks to me has also been one of our better players for a number of years. He is also really good defensively.

There is no way though I'd be playing him as a starting half in our team without injuries. He isn't in the same class as AD and Hastings. He is probably a little better than Madden but it's close. Madden is also young and developing his game. Brooks isn't improving much.

It doesn't have to be a black and white decision to state Brooks shouldn't be our starting half in that we need to make a lot of changes rather than just sacking Brooks to improve as a team.

I think the best thing for Brooks is for it to be made clear he won't be our starting half and then he can work through the best option out of the available options for him.
Who says he has a problem with playing in the 6? They are actually pretty bloody close to the same thing nowadays.

Honestly, change the record already. FFS.

I agree. GNR has made it pretty clear the only player he thinks is half decent is Stef. He doesn't rate Brooks or Nofo at all.

He has consistently been pessimistic on the club and unfortunately rightly so.

I can't wait until GNR is wrong and we improve. Unfortunately that is not going to be this season.

Reactions: BZN
We will be unbeatable once he’s off our books … cause the rest of our squad is sooooo good.

Can’t wait

This is of course delusional. I don't know why people are so extreme. Maybe it's people in general.

We can improve if we pick the two best options out of the available halves to play in the halves. That means Brooks plays elsewhere - as a utility or at fullback (it's worth a shot) or in reserves or elsewhere.

I completely agree with the sentiment. Who would have replaced Tommy at center last year? Did they earn their spot in first grade?

I would argue there was quite literally no one who earned or had the ability to earn their spot.

I agree with this as well. You don't sack underperforming players to send a message. That is stupid.

You sack players when you have better options available.

It's professional sport not under 12's.

Has anyone considered that the club won’t make any decisions on him until a new coach is appointed, and the decision might be up to him?

This is of course delusional. I don't know why people are so extreme. Maybe it's people in general.

We can improve if we pick the two best options out of the available halves to play in the halves. That means Brooks plays elsewhere - as a utility or at fullback (it's worth a shot) or in reserves or elsewhere.
At fullback .. lol sheenius is that you?

Our team won’t improve until we have the forwards that roll up their sleeves 80 mins week in week out.

Last edited:
What we've been doing (for years) hasn't been working.

It's time to make adjustments.
I would keep Brooks because of the money we need to give another club to take him. I agree his form is poor, however, and you do need to try something different if it is not working. There are 3 or 4 forwards that should also be spending a bit of time in reserve grade - Garner, Tuilagi to name two off the top of my head. Who do you replace them with - anyone who wants to hit the opposition hard with his shoulders and work hard off the ball.

I agree. GNR has made it pretty clear the only player he thinks is half decent is Stef. He doesn't rate Brooks or Nofo at all.

He has consistently been pessimistic on the club and unfortunately rightly so.

I can't wait until GNR is wrong and we improve. Unfortunately that is not going to be this season.
Since when does logic matter to Brooks bashers. They are like political extremists. “If you’re not 100% with us, you’re against us”

Has anyone considered that the club won’t make any decisions on him until a new coach is appointed, and the decision might be up to him?

Only people like Paws and yourself who want to throw a downer on things.

I keep on coming on here hoping for good news but it's always shit.

Can someone make up another rumour like Brooks to Hull or how about Angus Crichton and Payne Hass want to come to our club to start a dynasty.

Only people like Paws and yourself who want to throw a downer on things.

I keep on coming on here hoping for good news but it's always shit.

Can someone make up another rumour like Brooks to Hull or how about Angus Crichton and Payne Hass want to come to our club to start a dynasty.
I remember years ago around 2013 I used to be on the Magpie fanatic Facebook page. They were all convinced that the Magpies would eventually take over the WT’s and be back in the NRL. You could not convince them otherwise. But I’d try, and guess what, they hated me. Because people hate being told the truth if it isn’t convenient. And being told this club sucks and is a bottom 4 side for the foreseeable future is about as inconvenient as it gets on a forum dedicated to this club. Not so much during the season, because everyone has eyes and can see it for themselves. But damn, it’s a long summer when everyone reverts to blind faith, forgetting what happened the previous season.

100%. What's he going to do? Attack me? I'd let him so he would get the sack for off field indescretions.
Forum rejoices Brooks is gone.
Years ago when I said the tigers needed to get rid of Benji (people have rise coloured glasses about him now -

You could not convince them otherwise. But I’d try, and guess what, they hated me. Because people hate being told the truth if it isn’t convenient.

Not all people are like this but people yeah some people go bonkers in this situation.

Well,for starters, we’ll have a chance to buy a REAL marquee player with his money.
And which marquee players are frothing at the mouth to come play for us?

According to reports we are way under the salary cap and that’s even with brooks estimated figures

And which marquee players are frothing at the mouth to come play for us?

According to reports we are way under the salary cap and that’s even with brooks estimated figures

We had cap problems when we had Mbye, Reynolds and Packer earning a fortune and doing nothing.

We've also just recruited Api and IP.

I don't want and I can't see Brooks getting a spot in our top team in the halves unless we have injuries but he isn't a problem for our cap at all.

Back