Luke Brooks - Mega Thread

Maybe you have forgotten how many poor performances he's had over the years and are just remembering his good debut.
Doubtful.....
Very doubtful.
Unlike you blokes - I can see when he does good stuff.

You're all experts - But there's more than a few blokes here in the game that rate him.

I just hope we don't get caught paying too much freight if he goes...
Then you blokes will have something else to kick into him - when we're paying him to play decent footy somewhere else.
Funny the halves have a decent game when there's a back rower that actually does something in the team.

Doubtful.....
Very doubtful.
Unlike you blokes - I can see when he does good stuff.

You're all experts - But there's more than a few blokes here in the game that rate him.

I just hope we don't get caught paying too much freight if he goes...
Then you blokes will have something else to kick into him - when we're paying him to play decent footy somewhere else.
Funny the halves have a decent game when there's a back rower that actually does something in the team.
The halves had a decent game when he wasn't in the halves 🤣

It's been talked about so much.
I find it seriously concerning there's some that think he's a gun player - Sheens included.

The evidence is there, of the last 9 years to show enough to rule against it, imo.

The halves had a decent game when he wasn't in the halves 🤣

It's been talked about so much.
I find it seriously concerning there's some that think he's a gun player - Sheens included.

The evidence is there, of the last 9 years to show enough to rule against it, imo.

I find it moreso concerning that you rate the opinion of yourself and half a dozen idiots here over blokes that have spent their lives in the game....

I find it moreso concerning that you rate the opinion of yourself and half a dozen idiots here over blokes that have spent their lives in the game....
I believe Cooper Cronk has said the same things regarding Brooks and how he should find a fresh start at a new club.

I believe Cooper Cronk has said the same things regarding Brooks and how he should find a fresh start at a new club.

Probably hates to see a decent half playing in a shit side....

It's funny
- No one has ever been to blame that Wests Tigers don't play finals Football until Luke Brooks started playing for us.....
Before then - It was never anyones' fault.

Probably hates to see a decent half playing in a shit side....

It's funny
- No one has ever been to blame that Wests Tigers don't play finals Football until Luke Brooks started playing for us.....
Before then - It was never anyones' fault.
Is there any other halves that play close to 200 games with 0 finals appearances ?

In the modern game.
I can't think of any...

Even Jeff Robson played in a GF.

Cronk was a good player but you need to remember he only ever played for strong teams with good rosters. It's all relevant.

Is there any other halves that play close to 200 games with 0 finals appearances ?

In the modern game.
I can't think of any...

Even Jeff Robson played in a GF.

How many halves come in at 18 and are the senior half in a side?
- You won't find any of those either.

If Benji had've stayed - He'd have been there or there abouts.

Brooks and Madden are compared to no end - When Brooks was Maddens age he'd have had 80 odd games under his belt....

We didn't play finals before Brooks...
Was that his fault as well?

How many halves come in at 18 and are the senior half in a side?
- You won't find any of those either.

If Benji had've stayed - He'd have been there or there abouts.

Brooks and Madden are compared to no end - When Brooks was Maddens age he'd have had 80 odd games under his belt....

We didn't play finals before Brooks...
Was that his fault as well?
Sounds like something to add to the never ending list of excuses for Brooksy.

Sounds like something to add to the never ending list of excuses for Brooksy.

More that there's no real validity to your argument to blaming the performance of a poor team over many years on one bloke.

Farah couldn't get us to finals either....
Somehow he remained a club hero - Your favourite even...

More that there's no real validity to your argument to blaming the performance of a poor team over many years on one bloke.

Farah couldn't get us to finals either....
Somehow he remained a club hero - Your favourite even...
Apart from the finals he got us too...

Two different occasions.

Lot of support for a guy who allegedly, reportedly asked for a release in the off season.... twice.

Then denied it.
"It was my managers, not me."

Apart from the finals he got us too...

Two different occasions.

Lot of support for a guy who allegedly, reportedly asked for a release in the off season.... twice.

Then denied it.
"It was my managers, not me."

Show me where he said that?

I am just watching the game tonight and Reynolds has made quite a few "rookie" mistakes but little mention is made of it.

I also noticed no one made mention of his abysmal defence and organising of his edge last week as we kept strolling through....

Brooks misses 1 tackle we've got him in the toaster - Reynolds can barely make one.

exactly
can't see why in 2023 we can't have Hastings Brooks and douhie all in the starting 13
Madden may be a good player down the track who knows, I have my doubts but if he was this prodigious talent that some on here claim him to be someone would have snapped him up last November.
As for Brooks he keeps getting mentioned by other teams because he is a good solid 7

Brooks can play.

He isn’t a player who will guide the team around the park. He is like AD a 1 sided player. Hastings at lock with AD/Brooks could work it’s more a case of if Hastings wants to play long term at lock but probably more importantly if his body will be able to handle the load thrown at him as well. It’s a massive ask for anyone to play 80mins at lock today let alone a halfback converting.

Get Brooks on the left and he will create opportunities for sure if given the space.

Alot actually hedges on Hastings more so than Brooks himself to be successful here and that’s the biggest concern I have.

Back