Luke Brooks - Mega Thread

Who was responsible for Brooks getting a million plus next year...Unbelieveable
Apart from the murdoch hack media pushing the 1m+ line and many of our supporter base (Brooks haters) pushing it there is zero evidence to suggest that figure is correct.I have no idea how much he is on but i would suggest it would not be as high as a million.

Who was responsible for Brooks getting a million plus next year...Unbelieveable

It's pretty bad right. It's not Mbye or Reynolds or Packer bad but it's pretty bad.

The only thing is he has been with us for years and he plays all the time. So it's one massively overpaid year and a couple of overpaid years.

It's not within like our top 50 stupid contracts.

Serious question, does brooks fall under the long service discount next year or year after ?

Maybe the idea of re-signing him is he will only cost a pie and a coke under the cap

This is not really true right. You get that money for all your players who are in that situation. Nofo is earning 500k. If Brooks is off the books we'd still save all that money and that is if it is approved.

Apart from the murdoch hack media pushing the 1m+ line and many of our supporter base (Brooks haters) pushing it there is zero evidence to suggest that figure is correct.I have no idea how much he is on but i would suggest it would not be as high as a million.

I think he is for next season and the only reason I state this is Sheens stated they were trying to extend him and pay him less because his contract for next season was way too high.

This is not really true right. You get that money for all your players who are in that situation. Nofo is earning 500k. If Brooks is off the books we'd still save all that money and that is if it is approved.
Well the only players who would qualify would be brooks and Nofa. No other player in the team are close to that 10 years

Brooks is an okay first grader being paid for his Dally M season

It's another backended contract, he took understand the first 4 years now next year he gets a massive lump sum, he might only be on a 700k deal but with the way the contract is structured is they pay " unders" initially then a massive amount in the final year. So he might technically only be on 700k next year plus the money owing from the back ended contract would easily push it north of a million

Fun fact for the Brooks constantly kicks dead or out on the full brigade.
On Friday night alone Moses equalled Brooks' season tally of kicks out on the full. And was one short of Brooks' season tally of kicks dead.

in march it was 900k then rothfield said in April 1.1 million
Some other news outlets are saying 1 million
All made up, nfi

People were happy when we got Jason Taylor to coach the team, but it was the start of Brooks’ inconsistent form. What else happened during 2016?

• Haha
Reactions: 851
Fun fact for the Brooks constantly kicks dead or out on the full brigade.
On Friday night alone Moses equalled Brooks' season tally of kicks out on the full. And was one short of Brooks' season tally of kicks dead.

He was terrible. I really hope we don't get him.

He can play but he isn't consistent. We have enough of those players.

Because he is behind a good pack

Definitely but that isn't an excuse for Brooks or Doueihi or Laurie. If those guys were good we would have won a lot more games.

We lose games when our forwards get us into the game.

Parra won that game because they were much better across the park excluding their halves.

Back