Luke Brooks - Mega Thread

He was terrible. I really hope we don't get him.

He can play but he isn't consistent. We have enough of those players.
In fairness he had a lot on his mind ,his first child born that day in Sydney and he's in Townsville and his grandmothers funeral on Monday

Reactions: 851
I was far from happy when JT got the job
Lets not pass the buck on whos fault it is that Brooks has been inconsistent for years with absolutely no leadership skills....I have backed him and critiqued him many times...This next season is his to own and show us he can be the player we always thought he could be...
Hastings,Donut,Api ,Brooks and maybe Laurie are all very talented NRL standard players,if the boys club play their cards right we maybe a threat to many top teams next year if they coach and recruit well in the next few months...
Sheens,Farah,Benji to me spell disaster...I hope Im wrong,but we can have a competative side if they are coached well and have some more talent recruited...

Fun fact for the Brooks constantly kicks dead or out on the full brigade.
On Friday night alone Moses equalled Brooks' season tally of kicks out on the full. And was one short of Brooks' season tally of kicks dead.
But it took Moses a few more games. Finals games. So he made just enough better kicks to make the finals. Sounds pretty good to me.
I think your argument may be flawed?

Reactions: 851
But it took Moses a few more games. Finals games. So he made just enough better kicks to make the finals. Sounds pretty good to me.
I think your argument may be flawed?
it didnt take him more games. Brooks' season total for kicks dead and kicks out on the full was 2 and 2. In that one game Moses kicked out on the full twice (equalling Brooks' season total) and kicked dead once (one short of Brooks' season total).
For me this point highlight two things. One that people stating Brooks is consistently kicking dead is wrong when he has only done it twice this year (according to Fox stats). Two, that Moses is not the answer when his kicking game is not much better than Brooks. We don't have the team to defend his errors or work up the field well enough to give consistent attacking opportunities.

it didnt take him more games. Brooks' season total for kicks dead and kicks out on the full was 2 and 2. In that one game Moses kicked out on the full twice (equalling Brooks' season total) and kicked dead once (one short of Brooks' season total).
For me this point highlight two things. One that people stating Brooks is consistently kicking dead is wrong when he has only done it twice this year (according to Fox stats). Two, that Moses is not the answer when his kicking game is not much better than Brooks. We don't have the team to defend his errors or work up the field well enough to give consistent attacking opportunities.
Brooks gets plenty of chances but he’s shithouse
🥾 him

Brooks gets plenty of chances but he’s shithouse
🥾 him
he was shit this year.
Last year i thought he was decent. He is no world beater, but he is as good or better than any other options we are likely to get.
I tend to agree with his detractors that Brooks' 2018 season means little now. But, i do think it is worth noting in that same season Moses was leading the Eels to a spoon. His impotent performances that year were similar to Brooks this year and exactly what you should expect if we sign him on big money without improving the pack.

I Pap n Brooksy confirm commitment 2 a new 3 year contract at their new clubs next week.a cross the desk from Buzz.s drinking buddy

On Friday night alone Moses equalled Brooks' season tally of kicks out on the full. And was one short of Brooks' season tally of kicks dead.
Haha that doesn’t suit the narrative mate. Both sides probably ran for more metres than our forwards did all season too.

Moses played a big part in lifting Parra from 8 points down with 20 minutes to go to win the game and reach the grand final in that same game, can't recall Brooks doing anything remotely like that

People were happy when we got Jason Taylor to coach the team, but it was the start of Brooks’ inconsistent form. What else happened during 2016?
What people, I went off my head, he is the worst signing in the clubs history, and the field is bloody strong, I said from the get go this will end badly

What people, I went off my head, he is the worst signing in the clubs history, and the field is bloody strong, I said from the get go this will end badly
Do you think when we hired Pascoe, his strong focus to have us evolve into the Wests Panthers clouded his judgement? He however pushed on and saw Taylor as the big step forward?
It’s so difficult to get a guide on where the club wants to go?
As LH said recently, “we’ve decided to move in a completely different direction.” I’m expecting to hear that more often.

he was shit this year.
Last year i thought he was decent. He is no world beater, but he is as good or better than any other options we are likely to get.
I tend to agree with his detractors that Brooks' 2018 season means little now. But, i do think it is worth noting in that same season Moses was leading the Eels to a spoon. His impotent performances that year were similar to Brooks this year and exactly what you should expect if we sign him on big money without improving the pack.

And Moses squad in comparison were streets ahead of ours...
They were top 4 both sides of that spoon year.

Do you think when we hired Pascoe, his strong focus to have us evolve into the Wests Panthers clouded his judgement? He however pushed on and saw Taylor as the big step forward?
It’s so difficult to get a guide on where the club wants to go?
As LH said recently, “we’ve decided to move in a completely different direction.” I’m expecting to hear that more often.
Marina Go liked Taylor for some reason, but the club done no due diligence before hiring him, and in my opinion did the same thing again with Madge

Marina Go liked Taylor for some reason, but the club done no due diligence before hiring him, and in my opinion did the same thing again with Madge

That's not true....

Taylor was the only one who turned up with a plan, Interviewed well and actually put any work into his interview / presentation.
Had stats on stats why we're so poor defensively, All the players contracted and where they needed to improve.
The other blokes interviewed like we were lucky to have their interest, and like they had the job sewn up and the interview process was just an informal discussion.
Taylor really blew them away with the work he'd put in....
He was the best of that bunch at the time...

I'm as critical of the board as anyone....
But I won't be critical of them for that, They picked the bloke who had put the work into getting the job and had the most passion for the role at the time
- Can't criticise them for that - No matter how it turned out.

Members online

Back