Luke Brooks - Mega Thread

Punt him...Doueihi that is.
He's nowhere near talented enough to be making any demands regarding position and if he can't put the team first, then get rid of him.
I think he's actually TRYING to put the team first.... and yaknow, win a game.

If Brooks did what was beat for the team, we woulda took a deal elsewhere a long time ago.

And Doueihi is at 37.5...
He played 5/8 most of last year...
He didn't win those games either.

Can't wait till the penny finally drops he wants to play half because he doesn't like the tough stuff..
Brooks has LOST more games than Adam has played.

Punt him...Doueihi that is.
He's nowhere near talented enough to be making any demands regarding position and if he can't put the team first, then get rid of him.

If he was, He would have been playing that position when we bought him, After we bought him... and now that he's back from injury.

Seriously, If his name was Adam Jackson - Half the fanbase wouldn't even know who he was...

I think he's actually TRYING to put the team first.... and yaknow, win a game.

If Brooks did what was beat for the team, we woulda took a deal elsewhere a long time ago.
Brooks has at least gone from 7 to 6 to 9 without complaint. He may not be the best half going around but he is still, at worst, as good any of the halves at the club.

The article says Sheens smoothed it over and he'll play centre.

I'm sure you can understand his frustration.
This is his career.
I do understand that any player who joins this club can expect the unexpected. The club is still learning how to be a development club.

Douehi gone I reckon
Only way to know for sure is what the clubs gonna do with Brooks. If they move him on he’ll stay or if he’s at least guaranteed to play 6 but Brooks is back to 7. Personally, I think we need to cut Brooks loose. Clubs gotta try something else.

There are alot of people on here that are happy to bag younger players with <2 seasons of first grade, yet time after time back the lovely Brooks because he supposedly puts the effort in. Thats all there is to it, theres never any substantial weight behind why they think he's adequate at what he does, just happy to throw around the phrase "oh but hes got a shit forward pack", to suggest he'd do well in a better side. There are FAR FAR too many games over the last several seasons where Luke needed to step up, but didn't. Thats fact. No one is implying cutting him loose will immediately fix all the problems (another idiotic argumentative statement), but it's clear he doesn't have what it takes to accommodate any sort of success at this club. But sure, have a go at the other younger blokes that don't meet your personal appreciation, even though most of the shitty points you make also apply to them but hey, luke is wests through and through

Only way to know for sure is what the clubs gonna do with Brooks. If they move him on he’ll stay or if he’s at least guaranteed to play 6 but Brooks is back to 7. Personally, I think we need to cut Brooks loose. Clubs gotta try something else.
I'm not a brooks lover or hater but yeah he has got to be moved on .I prefer a bog body in douehi at 5/8

There are alot of people on here that are happy to bag younger players with <2 seasons of first grade, yet time after time back the lovely Brooks because he supposedly puts the effort in. Thats all there is to it, theres never any substantial weight behind why they think he's adequate at what he does, just happy to throw around the phrase "oh but hes got a shit forward pack", to suggest he'd do well in a better side. There are FAR FAR too many games over the last several seasons where Luke needed to step up, but didn't. Thats fact. No one is implying cutting him loose will immediately fix all the problems (another idiotic argumentative statement), but it's clear he doesn't have what it takes to accommodate any sort of success at this club. But sure, have a go at the other younger blokes that don't meet your personal appreciation, even though most of the shitty points you make also apply to them but hey, luke is wests through and through

That's going to upset the Brooks fan club.

The fact is they would rather see the team fail with Brooks than see it succeed with any other half.

The fact is they would rather see the team fail with Brooks than see it succeed with any other half.

For myself - It's not that at all.....

I don't see 1 player any better than the other. Both bring different things, Both have deficiencies.
Brooks is one of this teams best players - And should be picked as such.
AD when fit is also one of the better players in this team and should be picked as such...
Fitting them both in is where the issue lies.

Bag on Brooks all you like - He's been better than Hastings has since Madge left.
- Edit.... Most of the year he's been a better player than JH.
And Doueihi hasn't done anything to take anyones' spot.

#Embarrassment

Can anyone think of another player or club that persisted with such an abysmal player in such an important position for so long?

Man like Melb moved Croft on when they saw it wasn't working, much like Broncos did with Hunt & Milford.

Back