Luke Brooks

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's true he does look like a deer in headlights on and off the field. His pre-match interview before the loss to the Bulldogs looked like they were talking to a teenager on a parliament house excursion.

I think the onus is 100% on Luke Brooks to mature to NRL level, a man who can handle the pressure of the NRL. That is his CHOSEN profession.

A mentality that the club needs to help him with support and the players around need to be changed or adjusted is the type of helicopter parenting that has been dragging our club down over the last few years. We have been making excuses for him because someone f**ked up and paid him too much money, and now they're covering their arse "building the team around him" while simultaneously weakening our club.

Halfbacks must have the strongest mentality on the field, their job is to control their sides game, and they should be the first criticised on the results. The job he's chosen comes with a lot of pressures and he'll never be a great player without owning that responsibility.

@gnr4life said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1474008) said:
@hobbo1 said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1473927) said:
@gnr4life said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1473926) said:
@hobbo1 said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1473921) said:
@gnr4life said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1473917) said:
@hobbo1 said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1473914) said:
@tiger5150 said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1473911) said:
@hobbo1 said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1473908) said:
@demps said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1473904) said:
@tiger5150 said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1473903) said:
@demps said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1473901) said:
@tiger5150 said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1473897) said:
@gnr4life said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1473892) said:
Maybe if Brooks opened the doors of perception in his mind, he’d go to the next level. Maybe it’s what’s holding him back?

Been saying this for a long time and goes back to the support staff discussion. The club has let Brooks down by not having a full time sports psychologist in the support staff. I would like to see how Brooks performs next year with a full time counsellor and therapist looking after him before games and at half time.

What is everyones opinion on this important addition?

What more can we possibly do for this guy ?
Haha, therapists and psychs employed to get the best out of him?

He's a failed experiment.
He should be selling gym memberships by now.

We should cut our losses and build for a future beyond this guy and our years of mediocrity.

I think we have a duty of care to the guy and a moral responsibility to give him all he needs to be the best possible version of himself.

A fresh start is what's best for him and the club.

Don’t feed the trolls mate

Easy to throw out names and accusations Hobbo. How about you engage in the conversation and let us know what you would do to unlock the puzzle inside the riddle that is Luke Brooks. Would you move him to 6? What do you really think?

Go to bed !
I’d tell the douche bag to look elsewhere
Coles
Aldi
Woolies
Apparently they’re all hiring

I don’t think you are taking this very seriously.

True … he’d be too dumb to hold down a gig at a supermarket.
You reckon he could walk a dog without getting lost ?

I think he could be the player we all know he could be with the right people around him

Talk tomorrow kids.

Yeah way past your bedtime ..how’s your podcast coming along ?
Get Brooks on there as your 1st guest !
Remember to wear pants !

Look at you with your nose out of joint . This thread has been dead for weeks. There’s really nothing left to talk about this year, unless he somehow leaves. Everyone has said their piece 100 times over. So, in order to keep it relevant, you decided you’d troll it everyday. Then when the trolling got switched around you were the first to complain.

But your trolling is so lame .. even you know he’s diabolical ..
If you’re going to try trolling make a decent effort !
Sticking up for Brooks makes you look even dumber

@animal-mother said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1473934) said:
@tiger5150 said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1473841) said:
@animal-mother said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1473836) said:
@tiger5150 said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1473789) said:
@gnr4life said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1473726) said:
@animal-mother said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1473722) said:
@gnr4life said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1473454) said:
@yeahcaz said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1473444) said:
@tiger5150 said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1473439) said:
@hobbo1 said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1473438) said:
Makes me laugh when punters say it’s the pack that’s let Brooks down lol

More like it’s Brooks that’s continually let the pack down

Punt him ..
Pay him out
#noloss

What about at 9 Hobbo? He is a good defender.

What do you think, could it work?

No. Stop making excuses for this perennial loser and stop trying to fit him into a team he just doesn’t work in.

Maybe the team doesn’t fit into Brooks.

Lol what a ridiculous take on 8 years of failure.

I think it’s worth the discussion. What do you think @Tiger5150 ?

Its a good point, I havent seen it looked at from that perspective before. I think its important to consider it before discarding Brooks. Needs some looking into.

I agree let’s give him another 8 years at say a million per season?
Awesome.

Seems excessive to me.

Explain to us all what you are seeing that makes him worth that kind of investment?

I wouldn’t even use the garden gnome as a doorstop.

Im only going to say this once and whatever happens to Luke,either staying or punted.....
Look at Adam Reynolds,he is consistent and knows his job week in week out,yes he does have some faults as does any NRL player in their positions,however they are human,Brooks has had many chances ...known as excuses...he does have talent,but not the smarts or heart to take hold of a game and be THAT leader the team looks to....
In a nutshell what has been against Luke is his ...
Inconsistency..
lack of organising...
lack of controling games...
He probably is a fine person and human,but sometimes that doesnt cut it in the hard grind of NRL ....

I’d rather have a squad full of a-hole’s who are footballers than a squad full of nice guys with mediocre talent.
I was behind Madges decision to bring Joey and Jimmy to the club. They are both talented and fill positions we are weak in. They both have a-hole in them and aren’t intimidated. Unfortunately our coaching staff could not get them motivated and up to speed. In a sliding doors moment, we get those two firing and we make the 8. Everyone labels their recruitment a failure. I would argue it was the handling of them that was the failure.

Our no-dickheads policies of the past has produced a weak culture with a soft underbelly.
Luke seems a nice guy as does Mbye, Tamou and others. The saying related to where these guys finish isn’t too far off the mark.

@animal-mother said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1474048) said:
I’d rather have a squad full of a-hole’s who are footballers than a squad full of nice guys with mediocre talent.
I was behind Madges decision to bring Joey and Jimmy to the club. They are both talented and fill positions we are weak in. They both have a-hole in them and aren’t intimidated. Unfortunately our coaching staff could not get them motivated and up to speed. In a sliding doors moment, we get those two firing and we make the 8. Everyone labels their recruitment a failure. I would argue it was the handling of them that was the failure.

Our no-dickheads policies of the past has produced a weak culture with a soft underbelly.
Luke seems a nice guy as does Mbye, Tamou and others. The saying related to where these guys finish isn’t too far off the mark.

You’re following the wrong team then

Maybe if Brooks opened the doors of perception in his mind, he’d go to the next level. Maybe it’s what’s holding him back?

People are Strange .....many of us have the Roadhouse Blues .....we need to Break on Through .....Benny's a back door man ...I'll let myself out

@tigerwest said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1474120) said:
@animal-mother said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1474048) said:

You’re following the wrong team then

Ain’t that the truth!

Some of the criticism Brooks is copping at the moment is warranted as this definitely hasn’t been his best season but to put this all on him is pretty harsh. Majority of the forum are willing to put a line through the whole squad bar a few like Stef, Laurie and Doueihi yet Brooks is expected to turn this team into world beaters by himself? The soft or weak argument seems silly as well. Who was the last bloke to throw some hands in a Tigers jersey?

@dyloh said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1474236) said:
Some of the criticism Brooks is copping at the moment is warranted as this definitely hasn’t been his best season but to put this all on him is pretty harsh. Majority of the forum are willing to put a line through the whole squad bar a few like Stef, Laurie and Doueihi yet Brooks is expected to turn this team into world beaters by himself? The soft or weak argument seems silly as well. Who was the last bloke to throw some hands in a Tigers jersey?

Bj leilua....

Roberts tried to throw some hands

No one is asking Luke to turn this team into world beaters by himself. That would be unreasonable and unfair.
Like it or not though, he is the senior member of our spine. Laurie and Simpkin are green as hell and are fast track learning their first grade roles. Doueihi and Liddle likewise are works in progress.
Brooks is a seasoned first grader who has played with proper experienced talent, boasting international experience. He has had 8 years to learn his position and role in the team. Every preseason for at least 4 years now, he has boasted to the media that this is HIS team. He talks the talk off the field but doesn’t walk the walk on it.
He needs to lead the side to positions on the field where the young guns can become effective. We need a simple game from him but it has to be consistent. Good kicking, repeat sets, dictate terms - I.e. purposefully position us where we need to be to score.

It is clear he doesn’t have it in him. Trade him out and see what Madden/Hastings can come up with.

@hobbo1 said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1474026) said:

Been saying this for a long time and goes back to the support staff discussion. The club has let Brooks down by not having a full time sports psychologist in the support staff. I would like to see how Brooks performs next year with a full time counsellor and therapist looking after him before games and at half time.

We should cut our losses and build for a future beyond this guy and our years of mediocrity.

I think we have a duty of care to the guy and a moral responsibility to give him all he needs to be the best possible version of himself.

Easy to throw out names and accusations Hobbo. How about you engage in the conversation and let us know what you would do to unlock the puzzle inside the riddle that is Luke Brooks. Would you move him to 6? What do you really think?

Go to bed !
Coles
Aldi
Woolies

I think he could be the player we all know he could be with the right people around him

Talk tomorrow kids.

Remember to wear pants !

Look at you with your nose out of joint . This thread has been dead for weeks. There’s really nothing left to talk about this year, unless he somehow leaves. Everyone has said their piece 100 times over. So, in order to keep it relevant, you decided you’d troll it everyday. Then when the trolling got switched around you were the first to complain.

That’s the point of trolling...

@gnr4life said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1474292) said:
@hobbo1 said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1474026) said:

Go to bed !
Coles
Aldi
Woolies

Talk tomorrow kids.

Remember to wear pants !

That’s the point of trolling...

So, what is he doing out on the field? Please make it a considered and relevant response

@thedaboss said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1474279) said:

Bj leilua....

BJ tackled a bloke who wasn’t looking and I don’t remember Jimmy doin anything other than a bit of push and shove.

@dyloh said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1474303) said:

Bj leilua....

BJ tackled a bloke who wasn’t looking and I don’t remember Jimmy doin anything other than a bit of push and shove.

What are you looking for? Brawlers?
Farah was probably the last WT player to snot someone.

@animal-mother said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1474305) said:

Bj leilua....

Brooks slapped Gagai

Mbye grabbed some ones collar too once...

?

I gotta feeling hobbo jnr aka Alex Seyfarth will floor some one in his career at some point.

@demps said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1474311) said:

Bj leilua....

Brooks slapped Gagai

Mbye grabbed some ones collar too once...

?

I gotta feeling hobbo jnr aka Alex Seyfarth will floor some one in his career at some point.

I reckon it'll be Blore that drops someone first.
When someone pizzes him off, you can see a look in his eye. He is all tempered and controlled now, but one day, on a footy field somewhere, a Nathan Brown type is gonna push his luck just that lil bit too far.

Bj leilua....

No, I’m arguing the Luke brooks is soft, weak or lacks passions narrative. One minute he’s too quiet and reserved, the next he’s arrogant and boasting about it being his team? Which one is it?

@dyloh said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1474325) said:

Bj leilua....

No, I’m arguing the Luke brooks is soft, weak or lacks passions narrative. One minute he’s too quiet and reserved, the next he’s arrogant and boasting about it being his team? Which one is it?

It’s both. He does the boasting about team ownership in the pre season, then when the comp starts he gets a reality check and resorts to type, which is quiet and reserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back