Man of the Match Award

Chipofftheoldblock

I have been thinking about this for while but has anyone else noticed that the MOM award given out on Channel 9 has not risen in prize money for some time. I reckon for the last 10 years the MOM award has been about $1000.
As players salaries go up and the money being spent in NRL, does anyone else find it strange that MOM prize money has not risen?
Although the players are well paid, i just find it strange.
Happy to be put back in my place if i am wrong :slight_smile:

If it was an official NRL award, sure, but if it's just a bit of coin from the broadcaster then there's not much else to say.

_Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0_

TV Glory Piece… Players wouldnt care too much after they have received one.

They play as a Team, not individuals!

It should be doubled and give the additional $1000 to a charity of the player's choice or one that the club supports.

@cunno said:
It should be doubled and give the additional $1000 to a charity of the player's choice or one that the club supports.

Love this idea… Every player could nominate a charity at the start of the year!

@Tiger Watto said:
@cunno said:

Love this idea… Every player could nominate a charity at the start of the year!

Good for the player, good for the club, good for the NRL/Ch9 and importantly a help to a charity.

The way ch9 give them out they should be renamed MY Mate From The Match Awards

I have a novel idea - don't think it has been tried before on Channel 9.

Give the award to the best player in the game - winning or losing team.

50% of the time they get it wrong. Maybe they are angling to be video Refs!

They usually give it to the highest ranked rep player on the winning team.
Agree 1K is such a pittance it's a slap in the face. I suggest 5k worth of eckies and rails. The players will bust their arses for that.

I think most players chuck their MOTM money in a kitty with their team for an end of year trip.

Back