Marina Go: A letter to Wests Tigers Members

So you are going to tell the captain of the club 3-4 months into your tenure that he is unwanted….not sure about that. It seems that he was told about 3-4 weeks ago when our season was done....problem is no-one wants Robbie...is that not telling you something?

@Knuckles said:
@Boonboon2 said:
A good statement from the club and Marina continues to impress and show that the board and club now won't shy away from the hard decisions needed and the hard work including letting go players when necessary for the good of the club, putting the club above the individual as it should be but so often hasn't been for Wests Tigers. The easy way out of this would have been to keep Robbie and continue to struggle for the next few years but they have made the hard call and I am sure expected a tough time from those who let emotions rule over logic (which is legitimate as a fan).

I continue to be impressed by our new board and also the way our club is looking to the future - for the first time in years we are being run as a professional organisation and not a mates club

Agree … However they really need to learn how to handle the big issues. I know it's hard to keep things away from the media but maybe they need to be more up front and open with the members. They took too long to let us know what was going on. They need to do better.

I agree Knuckles. I am generally supportive of what I see but the handling of the media on this was another dropped ball. I can't believe there wasn't a media plan in place to manage this. If there was, they wouldn't have been caught out by the leak. The leak still would have happened but the WT response would have been better scripted and delivered. Live and learn I suppose.

Handling of the media was ill thought out because the timing of the announcement was not anticipated. Someone was going to go to the media… Gee... I wonder who?

If anybody thinks this has been done well, or a bit of fluff from Marina Go makes it better simply ask someone who supports another club - any club.
Without a doubt the WestsTigers management, team and brand are nothing but a joke

@NT Tiger said:
@Knuckles said:
@Boonboon2 said:
A good statement from the club and Marina continues to impress and show that the board and club now won't shy away from the hard decisions needed and the hard work including letting go players when necessary for the good of the club, putting the club above the individual as it should be but so often hasn't been for Wests Tigers. The easy way out of this would have been to keep Robbie and continue to struggle for the next few years but they have made the hard call and I am sure expected a tough time from those who let emotions rule over logic (which is legitimate as a fan).

I continue to be impressed by our new board and also the way our club is looking to the future - for the first time in years we are being run as a professional organisation and not a mates club

Agree … However they really need to learn how to handle the big issues. I know it's hard to keep things away from the media but maybe they need to be more up front and open with the members. They took too long to let us know what was going on. They need to do better.

I agree Knuckles. I am generally supportive of what I see but the handling of the media on this was another dropped ball. I can't believe there wasn't a media plan in place to manage this. If there was, they wouldn't have been caught out by the leak. The leak still would have happened but the WT response would have been better scripted and delivered. Live and learn I suppose.

My 2 cents worth is the club and board are taking the heat in respect for Farah ..obviously he was told a couple of weeks before the last Liechardt game , but I would say his manager and himself wanted to do as much damage as possible ! so the issue of being treated disrespectful comes back on Farah who waited until the last Liechardt game was gone to make it again all about him.

@Cultured Bogan said:
Handling of the media was ill thought out because the timing of the announcement was not anticipated. Someone was going to go to the media… Gee... I wonder who?

True, but some organisations I've worked for automatically start formulating a media plan as soon as they have an issue that could explode on them. My point was, given that WT had known about this in a general sense for some time, I would have thought a media plan would have been framed to deal with the very possibility of a leak.

@cktiger said:
If anybody thinks this has been done well, or a bit of fluff from Marina Go makes it better simply ask someone who supports another club - any club.
Without a doubt the WestsTigers management, team and brand are nothing but a joke

This is a big concern to me.
The mud sticks and it will take a long time to fade away. :blush:
It may hurt long term prospects of future sponsors.
At the moment if you were approached by someone from wests-tigers and asked for sponsorship, would you sponsor them. I doubt it.
No doubt a reply would be, " **Why, you have got to be joking, you can't even get your own place in order "**

@cktiger said:

As big a joke as Manly/ Parramatta and Cronulla ,making a decision of this magnitude there is no way the club and board were not going to get burnt in some way your in between a rock and a hard place .
To make such a move shows a real desire to move forward ,Farah can belly ache all he likes but all will come out in the wash it always does ,but I commend the board for this decision it shows some real leadership and far and away more than the spineless previous boards ,who just let these types do what they wanted well done and you have my support !

@larrycorowa said:
So you are going to tell the captain of the club 3-4 months into your tenure that he is unwanted….not sure about that. It seems that he was told about 3-4 weeks ago when our season was done....problem is no-one wants Robbie...is that not telling you something?

The problem isn't that no one wants Robbie, the problem is that Robbie is owed money from previous seasons on a back ended deal, and no NRL club is going to take on two million in Wests Tigers debt for a 32 year old hooker. The situation has been spectacularly mismanaged.

@westTAHger said:
@cktiger said:

This is a big concern to me.
The mud sticks and it will take a long time to fade away. :blush:
It may hurt long term prospects of future sponsors.
At the moment if you were approached by someone from wests-tigers and asked for sponsorship, would you sponsor them. I doubt it.
No doubt a reply would be, " **Why, you have got to be joking, you can't even get your own place in order "**

It's not a concern to me. People looking to invest will probably see the media circus for what it is. They won't be relying on that for their decisions. They will be in contact with the club at a high level and may well see the recent changing of the guard as a big positive. This could even be the change some investors have been waiting for.

@Cosimo_Zaretti said:
@larrycorowa said:

The problem isn't that no one wants Robbie, the problem is that Robbie is owed money from previous seasons on a back ended deal, and no NRL club is going to take on two million in Wests Tigers debt for a 32 year old hooker. The situation has been spectacularly mismanaged.

But this says the market value for robbie is effectively 0…..in which case the previous board and CEO made a $2m, one which Potter warned them against and which Robbie got him sacked for opposing. We dodged a bullet with benji but weren't smart enough to deal with Farah.

Call his bluff, play him in NSW cup…...his ego is too big and he will quickly strike a deal with a NSW club or go to England.....i have no time for him and see him central to previous culture

Some people on here are too critical of Farah.
He's earned the right to have a say in what he wants for the club.

I've been a supporter of Marina Go but in my opinion this statement is embarrassing. It makes it look worse than it already was.

@Cosimo_Zaretti said:
@larrycorowa said:

seriously cosmo, if Robbie was as classy as half the forum made out, clubs would be climbing over each other to sign him, as they would be getting a sweet deal knowing that we would be covering about half of his current contract to move him on.

There is no possible way we could move him on and not be picking up a large portion of the slack, its a given.

Boils down to he is either not that good, or his reputation and dirty laundry precede him… or both.

Robbie is a great player and the best the wests tigers has produced, but his time is up. He needs to move on for his own and the clubs benefit. Looking at his interview it seems to me he looked very composed and quiet happy, which leads me to believe his future is secure.

He doesnt fit the new way taylor wants to play. Good on both Go and Taylor for making the tough decision had we not, we would be bleeding players like tapau and the likes for years.

I think the way its been handled is fine. sooner or later the media does find out. big deal. there will always be colateral damage when a decision like this is made. but the worst of all this was moltzens comments. what a disgrace… i would of terminated his contract immediately.

Serious question.
Who would you give more credit to in their opinion on the future of Wests Tigers?
Marina Go or Robbie Farah?

@Sabre said:
Serious question.
Who would you give more credit to in their opinion on the future of Wests Tigers?
Marina Go or Robbie Farah?

Marina. She is still valued by the club, hence isnt being shopped around, and thus will be here in the future to be able to do something about it.

Therefore hers is the only opinion with any weight.

Anybody in the world would have a better opinion on Farah than himself.

@cktiger said:

Well said…
All you Farah haters have every right to be so negative on him but whatever the outcome, to kick the current captain and longterm player, current NSW hooker out in this disrespectful manner is an outrage....a disgrace to any player coming to this club, I have had enough.

Sorry for being Lazy but does anybody have the contact details to cancel membership.

I will not support a group of pathetic amateurs, until I see a change both with admin and player treatment.

_Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0_

@cattivo said:
When will the lies with this club stop??

_Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0_

I don't understand.

Please explain each and every lie so I can. Thanks.

Await the list.

Back