Marshalls form a concern !!

gatorman

Great kicking from Benji tonight but once again his general play was abysmal. !

Obviously playing at half doesn't suit him but he had been playing poorly even at 5/8.

I remember back when Moltzen was half and the backline has some pizzazz. Now it sputters and stutters, all this down to Sheens and his lack of ability in buying a half to replace Prince.

This has created uncertainty in Benji and resulted in his lack of confidence in general play. Basically now he is a turnstyle standing there handing off the ball rather than attacking the line and creating opportunities.

Not sure how to fix this short of Moltzen coming back.

Agree totally!
Several plays left me shaking my head.
Some were from side to side but on the stroke of halftime my head was moving up and down! :wink: :wink: :wink:

Some of his options were truly dire. It was just sad. Bits of brilliance with the field goal and goal kicks which won us the game really. So there is value there,they are huge plays in the context of this game. However his general field play at the moment is really poor and getting worse. Not sure why but it is a big concern.

I agree - he is not on his game. Moltzen at half and we are a different side. On another note - I am liking Lawrence at 5/8\. Very green and a lot to learn - but I can see a big future in the No.6\. Where does that leave Marshall?

Whilst I was very critical above, one positive in his game was he found space with long kicks. He picked the right time to turn the wingers around. Some of his other short attacking kicks were some of the worst of the season though.

he has been on the scene along time now but just dosnt seem to get it. Your leading by 7 with ten to go, you play the percentages, you dont try and pull a rabbit out of the hat, you grind them into the dirt. Sheens has to solve the no7 problem in a hurry because the team is surviving on scrambling defense and Robbie Farah at present

The one time he had space and took the line on, he made a great run for only an average pass to Brown being spilt. A good pass and that would have been a try. He should back himself more often and take on the line

To me it seems as though something with Benji is not right. He seems to look down on himself most of the time and hasnt even looked that happy when things are going right for the team. I dont know if he has problems away from football but something looks to be effecting his game. Whenever he gets the ball on the last play its almost a worry as to what hes going to do. As for his long kicking game and kicks in general play it was all great. Hope he can get back into form before the finals.

its scary to think what this team could be doing if moltz was fit…....we need to get benji a true 7 though....our attack is just doo doo with lawry there

I hope Lui is fit next week so Benji can move wider again. Having to direct the play more takes away from his running game too much IMO. If Lui isn't fit I'd like to see Nichols get a go, he's no nonsense, has a good pass and kick and is not a liability in defence. He could be a solid foil which would allow Benji to play his natural game more IMO.

Im not concerned, once we get him out of first reciever he'll be fine.
He found space twice tonight and looked dangerous…he didnt finish off the plays but things will stick soon.

Must he hard for him to have played with 5 different halfbacks inside him in the past 18 rounds… Then chuck in Lawrence and ayshford as other halves partners and you've pretty much got a new combination every 3 weeks or so... Wouldn't think that's the easiest situation for him to go out every game knowing he doesn't have a well drilled combination with the guy inside him

just about every single team in the comp brings in a player from lower grades/reserve grade when one of their players gets injured and their normal back-up player also gets injured (eg: moltzen n lui). the tigers however start shuffling n chopping n changing. can't we stick with the same team and bring in the balmain number 7\. he doesnt have to do anything spectacular, just provide a good, crisp proper pass every time and we'll get a roll-on. i find out attack is suffering because out passes are not hitting the players on the chest. they have to stop abd wait 4 it or jump to get it and that is giving opposition teams the time to come up and tackle us.

Not too concerned, he's only struggling due to the large amount of different halves partners and combos that have been going on. His kicking game was pretty darn good last night :slight_smile:.

I'm fairly confident we'd be tearing up all and sundry if Moltzen didn't get injured.

@Tigerdave said:
Not too concerned, he's only struggling due to the large amount of different halves partners and combos that have been going on. His kicking game was pretty darn good last night :slight_smile:.

I'm fairly confident we'd be tearing up all and sundry if Moltzen didn't get injured.

I hope your right but I disagree.

He is out of form especially in the parts of his game that we know him for - his running and ball playing. His kicking game was sensational last night apart from that one bannana kick.

Maybe his organising was real good last night because we seemed to grind the game out.

As for the being out wide argument or the swapping of his halves partners I still don't see it. He just needs to start running the ball more.

i think marshall just has too many things to do when there isn't a proper half on the pitch, we look to him for the miracle play, the perfect conversions, the kicks in to space, organising the players. well placed cutout passes….

it wasn't long ago that we were sledging the guy cos he couldn't kick for shit, and he's turned that around alot in the past games.

i do agree that he didnt seem that happy tonight, i hope lui is fit for next week!

I thought there were some very good areas of improvement in the overall attack last night. Yes, not that much came off but it was a definite improvement.

Back