Marsters Goal Kicking

From 2014-2019 Moses Mbye goal kicking average was 69.18% so unless he's improved during the off season he probably wouldn't be the best option for us… Martin would be a good option for us but we don't have him

@Kul ….we need the poop option back

Geo is talking out his poop shooter again

we don't have any other good options and marsters is a confidence player. it'll improve as he keeps working on it. stick with marsters and if around mid season he's still kicking below 65-70 then we can think about changing.

If Pat Richards is on the coaching staff, surely he would be helping Marsters. He should also teach our playmakers how to do those awesome spiral bombs that were so effective when he was playing.

Who cried so much it was removed?
surely someone complained that they got too many poops and had a whinge.

Rhyse Martin or Brock Lamb should be first on the priority list.

I dunno bout that.
Cleary didn't help our kicking one iota. Neither did Jason Taylor.
Arguably two of the better kickers in their eras. Go figure.

Still here 💩💩💩

@bigsiro said:
I dunno bout that.
Cleary didn’t help our kicking one iota. Neither did Jason Taylor.
Arguably two of the better kickers in their eras. Go figure.

I could never work that out, maybe our blokes are unteachable, more likely the teacher though

A good friend of mine played 1st grade for Randwick for ten years and ended up with a career kicking record over 90%. He would kick left or right foot depending on the side he was kicking from. Anyway I said to him a few years ago why didn’t he approach a NRL side about being a kicking coach. He said you can’t coach kicking it’s in your DNA but you can practice, but all the practice in the world will not improve your stats by about 5%

I know this is not going to go down well. but I think Esan has a profile and reputation he doesn't deserve. And, I think his goal kicking is an example of what I think is his weakness; very little attention to detail. He needs a good (proverbial, not literal) smack around the ears to remind him that he is only a few lackluster games from NSW Cup.

Hopefully he’s watching NRL360 tonight. Cammy giving some goal kicking tips..

Very insightful post. I too am waiting to see the evidence of the forums rapture in this fella. Good - yes. Great - not even close….... yet

I don’t think Masters should be bagged for not being a great kicker, Iam sure he is giving it his best shot. I point the finger at the club, all teams if they want any form of success recruit a quality kicker, it’s a no brainer

Back